Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Bogan King posted:

This isn't how it goes down at all. Men just don't fight for custody rights. When they do it ends up being about 50:50.

100% correct.

The courts favor the child, always. Some men (and women) can't cope with the idea that they are not the favored party by default. Instead of seeing the court as giving what's best to the child they see the court as giving favor to their opposition, because if it's not favoring ME it must be favoring my spouse, there's simply no other way to see it!

If someone tells you they have every other weekend visits with their kid you can rest assured they are a poo poo rear end parent and a poo poo rear end person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I reason I get pissed off about the custody issue is because two women in my life has been hosed over by a man in a custody battle. One was a good friend of the family, having to lose custody of her child. The other one was my mother, where my step sister was ripped from her loving home to be mentally abused and shipped all over the country as undesirable luggage that has permanently scarred her to this day. Taking her away because "A mother that works two jobs, one as an EMT or Nurse isn't really a suitable mother".

So yea, gently caress all those people that cry about custody battles in the goddamn rear end. They can't even get a date, let alone have a child to battle over in court. So gently caress them.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Bogan King posted:

This isn't how it goes down at all. Men just don't fight for custody rights. When they do it ends up being about 50:50.

Are there any sources to this I can use for future arguments when someone brings up skewed custody figures?

Catberry has a new favorite as of 07:18 on Apr 3, 2017

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Catberry posted:

Are these any sources to this I can use for future arguments when someone brings up skewed custody figures?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751104

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Just so no one confuses this question for being answered. It's just a link to the OP.

I would really like some sources I can use the next time an MRA brings up the skewed custody figures. Something to support that men mostly just don't take the fight.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cathy-meyer/dispelling-the-myth-of-ge_b_1617115.html

It's surprisingly hard to find good info because of the MRA signal:noise issue. But that article and it's sources should present a reasonable start to unraveling the thread.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Shbobdb posted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cathy-meyer/dispelling-the-myth-of-ge_b_1617115.html

It's surprisingly hard to find good info because of the MRA signal:noise issue. But that article and it's sources should present a reasonable start to unraveling the thread.

Thanks.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Catberry posted:

Are there any sources to this I can use for future arguments when someone brings up skewed custody figures?

I can't give you sources but on the opposite end of Ularg's post and for the same reasons he's mentioned I've had 2 friends - both fathers - have their custody limited to every other weekend because of the court's bias towards the caretaker. If we're looking at traditional family dynamics, the father is bringing in the majority of the income and/or has relegated the raising of children to the mother. Because of this state courts, despite laws that give equal custody to both parents barring any kind of claims of abuse, will favor the parent that was there for the upbringing of the child. Mind you these weren't long drawn out custody battles, they were lawyers telling the father that there was no chance in hell that they would be given equal custody in the court system at that moment (judges, state, etc). It would've been a long drawn out process for them that could've opened up any wounds that didn't need to be opened up.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/848647633652637696
https://twitter.com/h3h3productions/status/848747648416792576

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

"Sorry about the goof" says man who ordered mob hit on journalist.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

That guys hands are distressingly small.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
What is it with these people and journalists s2g

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

RIP Ethan's sweet meme.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

not a big fan of ethan's chair and the giant portrait of himself looking glum in the background

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I don't know why the comments make a big deal about boycotting the Wall Street Journal when they clearly are all from people who don't read a newspaper to begin with.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Grem posted:

100% correct.

The courts favor the child, always. Some men (and women) can't cope with the idea that they are not the favored party by default. Instead of seeing the court as giving what's best to the child they see the court as giving favor to their opposition, because if it's not favoring ME it must be favoring my spouse, there's simply no other way to see it!

If someone tells you they have every other weekend visits with their kid you can rest assured they are a poo poo rear end parent and a poo poo rear end person.

I had a friend whose ex-husband basically beat the poo poo out of her and ran out the house with their son and he still got sole custody, with every other weeks and certain holidays for her. And I'm glad that he did (got custody, not beating the poo poo out of her) because she wasn't the best mother and he could provide a more stable living situation (due, in large part, to his parents) for their son than she could.

She had complete custody of her two older children because their father was such a scumbag. To the point where her daughter, at only nine years of age, showed very little grief when her father died of an accidental overdose of snorted Xanax.

It was a terrible situation and friendship that I'm glad to be out of, but miss her children because they deserved to have one person in their life who wasn't totally horrible.

Ularg posted:

I reason I get pissed off about the custody issue is because two women in my life has been hosed over by a man in a custody battle. One was a good friend of the family, having to lose custody of her child. The other one was my mother, where my step sister was ripped from her loving home to be mentally abused and shipped all over the country as undesirable luggage that has permanently scarred her to this day. Taking her away because "A mother that works two jobs, one as an EMT or Nurse isn't really a suitable mother".

So yea, gently caress all those people that cry about custody battles in the goddamn rear end. They can't even get a date, let alone have a child to battle over in court. So gently caress them.

When my mom left her first husband, she didn't even fight for custody of their daughter because she knew she wouldn't win. This was the mid-1970s and she was unemployed and with another man (my father). So the courts were going to see her as an unemployed slut anyway.

They must be a hit at parties.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
My step sister is permanently scarred cause of it. She was ripped away from a loving mother working her rear end off to take care of her. Anything me or my mother sent her, including birthday/holiday cards were held from her. And regularly she had stuff she'd bring back when she'd get to visit us get taken and broken in front of her. When she was deemed "Too much" he sent my sister out of state to live with grandparents, then to some boarding school for "Troubled girls" without my mother knowing anything.

And all that because the rear end in a top hat had a lawyer who was buddy, buddy with the judge overseeing the case.

My sister is nearly 30 years old now and acts like she's still 14.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

My girlfriend sent me the original "EVIDENCE THAT THE WSJ LIED WITH PHOTOSHOPS" or whatever video last night, and I was gonna watch it today (I know, I know). Glad I checked the thread out before doing that.

Speaking of, does anyone have any info on that WSJ situation? From what I understand, the Journal talked to Disney and whatnot with clips of PewDiePie being lovely, with the PDP side claiming that they took his stuff out of context and that it was all a social experiment, but I feel like I'm missing a lot about it.

Like, my gut tells me it's the old 4chan-lite "edgy ironic-if-anyone-asks racism le funny joos" kinda bullshit at best, and my concern is that I've seen how easily that can go from "We're making fun of stereotypes" to, well, /pol/, but I like to think that's better than that.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ok what i think happened was:

the website "fiverr" is a site where freelancers will do stuff you ask them to do for USD 5. It used to be just people writing articles and stuff but then people discovered that a lot of people would do all kinds of things for USD 5. So it's possible to pay very little to drive up good reviews for your lovely self-published book etc. non-US citizens can register and since the USD is fairly strong, people get into it

pdp found the site, and paid a few Indians USD 5 (INR 324.80) to hold up nazi swastikas and "kill all jews". he did some kind of "jokes" that were maybe "lol it's so good to be a privileged white person to take advantage of poor people". dunno what those "jokes" really were but pdp took them down (gently caress i'm not gonna watch one anyway)

WSJ found the clips and sent to Disney who fired him from the Disney-owned Maker Studios, and then Youtube fired him too. pdp makes a few less millions than he used to, the end

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

WSJ found the clips and sent to Disney who fired him from the Disney-owned Maker Studios, and then Youtube fired him too. pdp makes a few less millions than he used to

And a bunch of YouTubers, terrified of their millions being withheld from them in future when they're the next PewDiePie, decided to defend him to the death.

As did the Alt-Right who read the video the wrong way and decided that PDP was a full-on actual Nazi.

Then a bunch more YouTubers saw what the Alt-Right was supporting and decided to cash in on that easily swayed, wealthy, surprisingly socio-technologically illiterate market.

This saga ain't done yet. JonTron feeling empowered to start screaming about black people being evil is part of the same tale.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Somfin posted:

And a bunch of YouTubers, terrified of their millions being withheld from them in future when they're the next PewDiePie, decided to defend him to the death.

As did the Alt-Right who read the video the wrong way and decided that PDP was a full-on actual Nazi.

Then a bunch more YouTubers saw what the Alt-Right was supporting and decided to cash in on that easily swayed, wealthy, surprisingly socio-technologically illiterate market.

This saga ain't done yet. JonTron feeling empowered to start screaming about black people being evil is part of the same tale.

Don't forget H3H3 have decided to take the role of "the good Jews".

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Thanks!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Going back a few pages here, but can someone give me a good breakdown on why the master lock/lovely key metaphor is disgusting and used by repugnant shitstains?

Like, it gives off a vibe of creepy and false equivilence, but I feel like there's more.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Well for one women aren't inanimate locks. What is it even supposed to be locking. It's straight up "Vagina is property".

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Women aren't objects.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Zipperelli. posted:

Going back a few pages here, but can someone give me a good breakdown on why the master lock/lovely key metaphor is disgusting and used by repugnant shitstains?

Like, it gives off a vibe of creepy and false equivilence, but I feel like there's more.

Why don't you give us your current understanding of the metaphor and we go from there

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:

Zipperelli. posted:

Because it gets thrown around as if it were some sort of a reflection of an objective reality, instead of an arbitrary metaphor based on the assumption that women are the gatekeepers of sex and then used to justify the assumption that it is based on.

You could just as easily say a pencil gets worn down every time it goes into a sharpener but the sharpener is fine and now it's the penises that are ruined by lots of loving instead of vaginas.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
If someone uses that metaphor, just respond with "So you're the shittiest key, then?" and go from there.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah the whole concept of the metaphor is disgusting since it paints women as passive objects that get unlocked by dicks.

Ularg posted:

If someone uses that metaphor, just respond with "So you're the shittiest key, then?" and go from there.

:laugh:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Gatekeepers of Sex is a good band name

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
What if we make a new metaphor though where the guys are camels and the girls the eyes of needles? 🤔

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fathis Munk posted:

What if we make a new metaphor though where the guys are camels and the girls the eyes of needles? 🤔

Most men dont have dicks big enough to justify that metaphor.

Personally I do, but most men dont.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Ularg posted:

Or "Dude, you just compared your dick to something that goes in once, moves slightly and you're done."

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011
It's a lovely metaphor anyway.

Plenty of people have multiple keys cut to let more than one person in.

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011
:nws:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'll send you back to mother in a cardboard box

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Zipperelli. posted:

The idea that women should only have sex with one man ever but men should gently caress as many women as they want. Also the idea that women are worth less for every man they sleep with but men are more valuable for every women they sleep with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ularg posted:

I want to slap the poo poo out of anyone trying to pull the "Men always lose their custody battles waaah:qq:"

I have never once in my life cared about being circumcised. In fact, I think it's pretty rad.