Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite parts of that episode had to be the ludicrous fact anyone shot their way out of that, and the fact the garbage people were assholes and called filthy garbage people as their official name without batting an eye. What the gently caress was wrong with AMC creating these people, they're like .. they're like they are actually from Fallout but time traveled 400 years ago back to this show. They make no sense in context.

Also the fact Negan's plot armor is so ridiculous he felt confident sticking his arm out of the window and flipping them off. I SO wanted Gabriel to blow off Negan's hand on the way out, which would have been an hilarious switch up from comic Rick having only one hand. But nope. Plot armor rides again. He's like those people who play GTA Online with God Mode and just go around flipping people off and griefing.

Man the stupid last second arrival timing was terrible. I don't even like that cliche in good shows like Game of Thrones, let alone here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

Right when tiger-ex-machina happened and the Kingdom/Hilltop crews both sprang into action, my boyfriend who had been quiet the entire fight scene finally said 'This. Is. loving. Terrible.'

Personally, I thought it was hilarious that both groups seemed like they were already there but just quietly waiting to make the most dramatic 'cavalry has arrived!' moment ever (was a Kingdom guy carrying a loving banner?!)

Then again, I laughed when Rick was being led toward Negan and Carl, and the first dead no-name Alexandrian he saw was literally in a red shirt. Just once I want a throwaway line 'Did this guy even live here?'

Rick and Negan have a five minute conversation about which side the dead guy was on

Nobody can remember ever seeing him before

That's a show I could watch

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Wow that was utter garbage. Walking Dead pretending they are high drama or something. Easily the worst season finale of any season yet.

Nah. The prison finale was worse becuse they A-Team'ed the whole thing not killing anyone (Carl made the only kill of the whole battle) and then the Governor killed the entire town firing an assault rifle with one hand, in one burst, without getting shot. That loving suuuuuucked.

This was worse than the farm and Herschel's unlimited ammo shotgun and that's saying something though.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Iowa Snow King posted:

"Shiva, attack!"

*Shiva swallows Carl*

"Dammit Shiva!"

Honestly the scene where Negan is telling Simon it's time to retreat then they drive off while a dreadlocked guy with a tiger shoots at them really, really made me want to dub that scene with a "COBRRRAAAAAAAAAA RETREAAAAAAAAAAT."

They need to murder the garbage people in revenge in the first episode of next season.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Red Bull posted:

what do i watch until game of thrones?

Better Call Saul starts next week

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MrDorf posted:

At this point Carol is the physical embodiment of Plot Armor for the main crew. What's this, the third of fourth time she's saved everyone at the last second?

Carol is death, destroyer of worlds

She is so overpowered the writers had to make her a hermit or she'd pulled a Sasha and actually succeeded at killing every last one

ED: Sorry for the stack of posts, I probably could have pulled them into one. I keep forgetting the thread is dead for this poo poo show, so it doesn't matter.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 3, 2017

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Blazing Ownager posted:

they're like they are actually from Fallout but time traveled 400 years ago back to this show. They make no sense in context.

I keep coming back to this. Two years ago I was managing a 7-11 but sure ok I guess now I talk like a bad cowboy movie Indian stereotype.

I attribute their cognitive problems from drinking nothing but lead-saturated landfill water for two years.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
it's just a show about zombies, jesus christ people

however since we are nitpicking negan was clean shaven to start the episode and by the time it ended he has a real deep 5 o'clock shadow........my immersion

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's five o clock somewhere

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Just one of those days - am I right??

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The trash people is probably the direction this show should go in though. Just introduce wackier and wackier elements in every episode.

I mean it probably wouldn't be good but it's not exactly good now so why not just go crazy?

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003
But there's already a better zombie show with Zany Trash Crew-style episodes. Walking Dead's only appeal is that it's the "serious, gritty" zombie show.

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003
After the loving CG deer and garbage blue-screen in the up-up-up, I'd say Z-Nation even has better special effects at this point.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
Rick could have grabbed that gun from garbage lady. He literally was touching her arm at one point.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Nah. The prison finale was worse becuse they A-Team'ed the whole thing not killing anyone (Carl made the only kill of the whole battle) and then the Governor killed the entire town firing an assault rifle with one hand, in one burst, without getting shot. That loving suuuuuucked.

This was worse than the farm and Herschel's unlimited ammo shotgun and that's saying something though.

Gov still has the highest kill count of any non-walker on the show

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know I think the directing on this show is just the shittiest ever at this point. Do they even get known talent at this point to do these episodes?

It seems to beat you over the head with stuff so much, it's clumsy. "THIS IS WHERE WE FEEL INSPIRED. THIS IS WHERE WE INSERT INSPIRING QUOTE. BE INSPIRED. BE INSPIRED." feels like the 'subtext' through half the episode, screaming it in your ear, without giving us anything inspiring to look at.

Orange Red Bull posted:

Gov still has the highest kill count of any non-walker on the show

Even in named character kills. Yep.

Well other than Carol but she's not killed as many mains.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

I hope when next season there are at least seven episodes devoted to a character struggling with wanting to be a pacifist.

Only if that character is a zombie or zombie tiger.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The stupid sepia tone shots with Maggie and Sasha + the scenes with Abraham were so pointless it makes me embarrassed that I used to defend this show. At no point was I concerned for anybody in any of the situations they were in just because it was so obvious there would be something to save them.

Not even gonna DVR the show next season. Sad!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So the biggest problem here is that the show continues to follow the comics to a great extent. Give we can see where the comics are right now it would be a very bad choice to go on with the next tedious plot lines in the show. This show is a ratings whore though and as long as it pulls 10 million an episode they don't care how bad it is. It's The Big Bang Theory of zombies.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

The stupid sepia tone shots with Maggie and Sasha + the scenes with Abraham were so pointless it makes me embarrassed that I used to defend this show.

Yeah, as I was waiting for a tattoo yesterday I was explaining to my friend just how awful this show was and he simply looks at me and asks, "well... why are you still watching it then?"

My response was :iiam:

But I'm done with this show now, holy cow. Trash people had them all dead to rights, neither the Kingdom nor Hilltop thinks to block Negan's escape route even though they're tooooootally hosed if he escapes, and yeah, those stupid loving dream flashbacks, jesus. How much time was wasted on those? loving twenty minutes?

Like, the actors have to realize after they see the post-editing that this is poo poo, right?

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Iowa Snow King posted:

Rick and Negan have a five minute conversation about which side the dead guy was on

Nobody can remember ever seeing him before

That's a show I could watch

He was new. He'd literally just showed up after being on his own for ages. His last thoughts were something along the lines of "Oh my god, I've found people. Civilization. After hundreds of sleepless nights living in constant terror I'm finally sav....!" POW

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I just love how awesome/cringeworthy their attempts to make the show or people in the show be badass.

Maggie's "Phalanx Out!" when it's just a group of straggling randos.
Carol's "Guns Up!" as if that wasn't obvious or they weren't already at the ready.
Ezekiel's charging yells at the last scene.

I mean these are like lovely 5 cent ideas that indie film teenagers making their first movie do. Not "the biggest show on TV."

They can't even seem to put more than 30 seconds of thought into them.

I imagine the shooting days are like

Director: "Alright Maggie this scene isn't really working... when the camera pans to you I want you to say something cool."

Maggie: "Uh.. .like what?"

Director: "Hmmm... Phalanx Out! That sounds cool!"

Maggie: "What is that?"

Director: "I think I saw it on a game of Total War I played back in 2002."

Maggie: "That sounds really dumb can we just - "

DIrector: "ALRIGHT CAMERA SPEEDS!"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I can't wait to watch this tonight, Negan finally dies and we get some closure on this plot!!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When they introduced the garbage people I wondered what the in-universe explanation for them all wearing black was. Now I know the actual reason, it was so we could tell dead garbage people apart from dead Alexandrians when the camera was panning over corpses. Because none of them were characters. None of them were even recurring extras. Without the color coding, nobody could tell the difference

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm glad I didn't hear Maggie's PHALANX OUT :shrek: line. I probably would've just turned the show off right then, jfc

Best part was Negan's reaction to seeing Maggie, in fact I think that was the only good part of the entire 1.5hr episode. About five seconds. Yup.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How loving stupid is it that this show doesn't even have recurring extras? If they're gonna be so gutless that they won't kill a single named character in the loving ten minute long season finale firefight, at least they should at least have established recurring extras so the audience can go, "oh no, they killed that guy who shows up in the background carrying lumber sometimes"

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Episode was dumb but at least stuff happened. Got the plot moving just in time for a four month break.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Stickarts posted:

Episode was dumb but at least stuff happened. Got the plot moving just in time for a four month break.

6 month. It returns in October right?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Sonequa Martin-Green looked pretty hot on Talking Dead, and JDM looked like a crazy lumberjack dude too. That's about it.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

So the finale was Sasha owning herself for no reason and Michonne getting the poo poo kicked out of her?

Plus a bunch of redshirts died. Also, Rick seemed to forget he got shot.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
And the garbage pail kids who learned english from google maps got away. :/

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I was expecting GarbageQueen to say "downdowndown" to Rick instead of just "down".

Goddamnit, show, get with the continuity!!

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

So when Glenn hid under the dumpster, did trashkru take that as illegal border hopping into their enclave or something?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I guess if people are miffed that rick trusted the dumpster people after a 2 min fight match with a zombie. That fight match lasts two issues in the books and has more impact as to why he trusted them. So bad translation from book to show.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Watching that episode, I realized I was enjoying it only because my expectations for how they would end the season were so low.

But man, that shootout was frustrating. I kept waiting to see people actually get shot, but apparently slight crouching is an unbeatable defense.

And how the Alexandrians somehow overcame the Saviours plus an entire other army holding them at gun point...

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Shitenshi posted:

Sonequa Martin-Green looked pretty hot on Talking Dead, and JDM looked like a crazy lumberjack dude too. That's about it.

she landed the starring role in the new star trek series

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

on the other had it looks like poor Glenns american career has been nothing but voice-overs and a B-horror movie :smith:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

I guess if people are miffed that rick trusted the dumpster people after a 2 min fight match with a zombie. That fight match lasts two issues in the books and has more impact as to why he trusted them. So bad translation from book to show.

What are you talking about? The trash people aren't in the comics, though...?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I was drunk enough to forget about the Kingdom guys when I watched this so I was actually surprised when they showed up so I think I enjoyed this more than I should have. The Sasha headphone/hallucination scenes were all awful and should have been cut.

Anyway the fact that the trash people were able to get the drop on them was just poor planning on Rick's part. It's like he intentionally paired up one trash person with one Alexandrian so they'd instantly all be covered. Rick should have been surrounded by his most loyal people and nobody should have been allowed to touch the bombs but his group.

I am definitely looking forward to the next 7 episodes showing both sides building up for the "war" that will last 5 minutes at the end of episode 8 (if we're lucky - they might just drag it even more).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Oh hey did anybody mention that Maggie is the only girl that I've ever known to get skinnier the more along her pregnancy gets?