Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gronk owns.

I don't think Adrian is a good fit. He could be used like how the Pats used Blount, but... old guys are really bad bangers. He might be using this trip as a way to drum up interest I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
There's no way the pats give him anything close to what has been put out there.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

Gronk owns.

I don't think Adrian is a good fit. He could be used like how the Pats used Blount, but... old guys are really bad bangers. He might be using this trip as a way to drum up interest I guess?

He said earlier he's mainly only interested in the raiders and the pats. He's ring chasing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Adrian on the Pats for a ring is fine. If he's still good I'd wish he'd help the Raiders but I want to see more great RBs go apeshit so whoever has the better O Line. Dude sucks personal level though.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Kalli posted:

Gronk owns.

are we really pretending that Belichick couldn't find a good way to use AP

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

As a sacrifice to whatever dark God he worships?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

are we really pretending that Belichick couldn't find a good way to use AP

He couldn't do anything with Stephen Jackson.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

WHOOPS posted:

I can't imagine the Patriots changing up their offense to give him enough carries to reach that amount.

Belichick might do it for fun. Mere success bores him.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He couldn't do anything with Stephen Jackson.

I guess, but Jackson was never on Peterson's level and had more wear on his tires last year than Peterson will have going into this season

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I'm not sure Peterson fits anything that the Patriots do.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gatts posted:

Adrian on the Pats for a ring is fine. If he's still good I'd wish he'd help the Raiders but I want to see more great RBs go apeshit so whoever has the better O Line. Dude sucks personal level though.

That would be the raiders. That o line is full of road grading mother fuckers. If you were a DT or MLB facing them and AP you'd be sore on Monday for drat sure.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

That would be the raiders. That o line is full of road grading mother fuckers. If you were a DT or MLB facing them and AP you'd be sore on Monday for drat sure.

No you see the Raiders would never do that because warcrimes said there's a no tolerance policy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

Peterson doesn't like the shotgun and even before your quarterback's finger made it impossible to take a snap from under center the Raiders ran a lot of that. I don't even know what team is a good fit for what he actually wants anymore. Dallas maybe but they don't need him at all.

Also isn't he reportedly still asking for a lot of money? Like you either chase rings for cheap or go for cash if you're at the point of your career he's at. His whole free agency saga has seemed kind of delusional to me.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I don't see NE signing AP either. Nothing about it really makes sense. They want to pay that position absolute peanuts and really just need a guy for some goal line carries and to plow into the line over and over in the fourth quarter.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Adrian Peterson embodies the Patriot Way perfectly though

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

Peterson doesn't like the shotgun and even before your quarterback's finger made it impossible to take a snap from under center the Raiders ran a lot of that. I don't even know what team is a good fit for what he actually wants anymore. Dallas maybe but they don't need him at all.

Also isn't he reportedly still asking for a lot of money? Like you either chase rings for cheap or go for cash if you're at the point of your career he's at. His whole free agency saga has seemed kind of delusional to me.

Yeah but that's not really a hard thing to work around. We ran shotgun because it was the most effective way to run the offense. If AP was healthy and good, there'd more incentive to go under center and run playaction and whatnot. And yeah, I heard he was looking for 8 million, but usually the guys going for money take the biggest contract they get right out of the gate in free agency. AP is holding off on signing so obviously he's got more on his mind than just cash, and he's talked about the Raiders and Patriots a few times.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

If Adrian Peterson becomes a pat I will do a thing but probably not

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Don't the Patriots make a huge deal about refusing to sign people with domestic violence issues in their past?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

Don't the Patriots make a huge deal about refusing to sign people with domestic violence issues in their past?

They maybe did at one point, but Myra Kraft died a while back. Also I don't know if beating your child would have bothered her as much as Christian Peter's crap did.

Frankly it doesn't bother me as much as Christian Peter's crap did.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Adrian Peterson embodies the Patriot Way perfectly though

Let's see...

*People either love or hate the Pats. People either love or hate AP.
*Pats organization has shown no remorse over SpyGate. AP has shown no remorse over child abuse.
*Pats were 1 game away from 19-0 (thanks Giants). AP was 9 yards away from single season rushing record.

Sounds like they were made for each other.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Adrian Peterson is a piece of turd

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
THIS SOME BULLSHIT!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My twitter feed is nothing but wrassling mat gifs and I'm pretty convinced the NFL needs to take this technology and greenscreen out the field and replace it with giant graphics everytime a team gets into the red zone or a QB gets sacked or a score happens.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

My twitter feed is nothing but wrassling mat gifs and I'm pretty convinced the NFL needs to take this technology and greenscreen out the field and replace it with giant graphics everytime a team gets into the red zone or a QB gets sacked or a score happens.

They tried some poo poo like this once iirc

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I hate how athletes just wear their gym clothes when they do guest spots in the ring instead of leaning in and wearing a singlet or speedo.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Watch AP's fumbling issues mysteriously disappear when he joins the Pats.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The question is not whether the Patriots can use AP, I'm sure that Belichick will find a way to utilize him if he has anything left in the tank, but whether AP would want to play for peanuts on a team where he is a role player at most.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

a neat cape posted:

No you see the Raiders would never do that because warcrimes said there's a no tolerance policy

He's a lovely pass blocker, doesn't run out of the shotgun and is ineffective catching out of the backfield

Those are the reasons.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Volkerball posted:

Yeah but that's not really a hard thing to work around. We ran shotgun because it was the most effective way to run the offense. If AP was healthy and good, there'd more incentive to go under center and run playaction and whatnot

Peterson only being able to run out of certain formations is pretty frustrating but workable. It becomes a "We all know what's coming, can your guys stop our guys" situation. The Raiders have the line to make it work.

I really only see Peterson working on the Patriots in a limited role, and I don't think he's interested in the pay cut that'd necessitate.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I really only see Peterson working on the Patriots in a limited role, and I don't think he's interested in the pay cut that'd necessitate.

Unless he wants a ring.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

GaussianCopula posted:

Unless he wants a ring.

That is literally the only reason he'd be talking to the Pats. It's not some big secret that they underpay guys by saying "do you want money or do you want a ring?"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

That is literally the only reason he'd be talking to the Pats. It's not some big secret that they underpay guys by saying "do you want money or do you want a ring?"

Also they pay them under the table.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

Also they pay them under the table.

Only the goat. But there is a very obvious monetary value to play for the Patriots, given that your post-playing earning potential is much higher if you reach the post season or win a Super Bowl ring and played the GOAT player and for the GOAT coach.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

Only the goat. But there is a very obvious monetary value to play for the Patriots, given that your post-playing earning potential is much higher if you reach the post season or win a Super Bowl ring and played the GOAT player and for the GOAT coach.

No one at all gives a poo poo if a player was on a patriots super bowl team you lunatic.

Teams that overpay for average players will do that regardless.

like you know chris long who basically just took the exact same contract with philadelphia as he did with new england.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
You don't think winning a Super Bowl with the Patriots would help raise the profile and post-career earning potential of future Hall of Famer Adrian Peterson :rolleyes:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Should we hire AP for our pregame coverage

no he never even won a ring!!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

In the other hand Simms and Aikman keep appearing on my TV.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

Yet two different networks have employed Cris Carter

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bills really shooting for the stars in 2017:

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/848919639145021440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I appreciate dumb nazi GaussianCopula because posters like that are what make SomethingAwful what it is.

• Locked thread