Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

which dadchatter is the one that hates citizen kane and rashomon?

That person doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

exmarx posted:

i watched the original ghost in the shell a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't anything special. good music tho

it was a cool aesthetic that was hard to find 22 years ago but yeah the best part of it is the soundtrack

same with akira really

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://luckyme.net/bwana/

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

boner confessor posted:

same with akira really

the manga extremely holds up

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

volkerball silently studies the footage of the asiatic race eating hamburgers and broods, his brow furrowed

My brow would only be furrowed if I was watching that little Asian dude in the glutten​ bowl knowing I was going to have to take him on in a hot dog eating contest.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

which dadchatter is the one that hates citizen kane and rashomon?

i haven't seen either but i do hate metropolis

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
oh man, i am super wired right now

no more green tea after 7pm

exmarx posted:

i haven't seen either but i do hate metropolis

is it just because it dares to ask if the truth is in the middle?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
it's völkisch af

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

exmarx posted:

it's völkisch af

The gently caress is that supposed to mean

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Volkerball posted:

The gently caress is that supposed to mean

Ex hates poo poo that's too volksy. Or folksy. Can't stand banjos. Thinks Obama's a bad orator.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh well I'm not anything like that

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

latvian dentistry lol. "if you don't need a receipt, you can pay only for service, without tax"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Right, folksy, like I said.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

latvian dentistry lol. "if you don't need a receipt, you can pay only for service, without tax"

is the dentist's chair located in a back alleyway?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

CHAIR?!?!? :lol:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

no, this is the most prestigious dentist in like a 60 mile radius. it's apparently a thing for private medical practitioners of all kinds these days, and essentially ensures that they are paid as much as they want. with receipt, you can get a tax return on your medical stuff. not without it, so doctors can deduce the deduction from the final prices to make it more affordable for less vulnerable groups that do not qualify for the broadest ranges of medical reimbursement from the state

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

do your shamans operate you in a chariot

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

And dude wears a track suit

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

And dude wears a track suit
i don't go to male dentists in eastern latvia after one broke my tooth off and used dental drill to smoothen the jagged remains of the tooth sitting in my gum

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The NHS is investigating claims by an undercover reporter that suicidal people calling the NHS 111 helpline are being left on hold until they hang up while staff are asleep on duty.

The Sun placed a reporter at the NHS 111 call centre at St Charles Hospital in Ladbroke Grove, west London, which provides 24-hour support for callers from 11 boroughs in north, west and central London.

A Department of Health spokesman said: "The NHS is now urgently investigating and if any wrongdoing whatsoever is found, including criminal actions, we will want to see the police and relevant NHS regulators alerted as necessary."

"I was asking her stuff like, 'do you not really want to talk', she was like, 'no'... I put her on mute" -Call handler

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/O9UDXeD.gifv

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's not much to love about Finnish journalism but I do love how "the largest news outlet in Finland" just calls the new waste water law the poo poo law.

e: The Future of the Countryside went the extra mile and reported The poo poo Law is a lovely Law.

ee: The largest daily newspaper in the Nordic countries wimps out by using parentheses and calling it "the poo poo law" :smugmrgw:

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Apr 3, 2017

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The tomato sauce looks like tomato soup and doesn't have chunks of tomato what the hell are they thinking this has to taste like lovely pizza

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:rip: kakehashi

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

shut up you loving singing poo poo on second floor, ive got enough with the alcoholic-fed cats blaring below my window every evening

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJdGsdzUBQ4

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

making tomato sauce in cast iron pan, living the dream

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

isn't there a motion control mechanic or something?

i haven't really paid attention to nintendo since the late 90s

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

isn't there a motion control mechanic or something?

i haven't really paid attention to nintendo since the late 90s
ive heard something like that but same, my nintendo exposure starts and ends at mario on snes

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

owned

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Disinterested posted:

is highlander a legitimately good movie, a movie that's so bad it's good, bad, or a 'guilty pleasure'

It swings between the second and the third. The script was found written on a bar napkin in a dumpster, and the acting is generally atrocious, with the exception of Connery (who hams it up perfectly) and Clancy Brown, who's outstanding as the primary antagonist. The film's concept is actually really good, and there are some iconic scenes in it for the action movie buff. There are some lovely settings too, I will admit. Watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX33xkRscvY

Then watch Highlander 2: The Quickening: Renegade Version and laugh your rear end off at the misbegotten atrocity. Then imagine that movie without any exposition explaining who the characters are and why they are doing anything and you now have watched Highlander 2: The Quickening: Theatrical Release as well.

Filthy Hans fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Apr 3, 2017

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
:rip: darcus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-Ap4LQB-4

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lmao some local alcoholic is on a death wish, hassling people for money next to an atm

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/BryanJFischer/status/848544088085417984

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The green men are comin for you kals

https://twitter.com/DanKaszeta/status/848878599994310657

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Disinterested posted:

everywhere, everywhere is good

most of my recommendations are out of date, i recommend going to kabukicho and finding the worst whole in the wall divey as gently caress bar you can find and drinking there until late and all the hosts and hostesses roll in and get shithoused

preferably somewhere with a baseball bat behind the bar

Problem with this is that i literally cannot get my head around japanese, so even basic terms slip out of my mind and i have to resort to pointing and grunting like some caveman caricature

Which i suppose i am, to some extent, but it tends to make it a little awkward to sit in the same bar forever

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

exmarx posted:

i watched the original ghost in the shell a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't anything special. good music tho

Everyone built off what it did for decades, like lord of the rings

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the paradigm shift posted:

The tomato sauce looks like tomato soup and doesn't have chunks of tomato what the hell are they thinking this has to taste like lovely pizza

did you bother reading the big white words in impact font, might help determine the intent of the gif a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

That's Lithuania, which absolutely deserves everything Russia might throw at them.

• Locked thread