Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
qualified is a weird thing I hope I never hear again

Donald's title was President and Chief Executive most of his adult life, now it's Commander in Chief and Head of the Executive Branch, President of the United States

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Even that logo designer kept calling her qualified its really culty and weird

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
qualifications for the POTUS:

Natural Born, Over 35, Majority of electoral college votes

welp looks like trump was more qualified for the position

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Ferrinus posted:

i don't know who made pokemon go, but i'm trying to get them to make pokemon go to the polls

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Modest Mao posted:

qualifications for the POTUS:

Natural Born, Over 35, Majority of electoral college votes

welp looks like trump was more qualified for the position

ted cruz sheds a single tear, which immediately dissolves the floor below him

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
And in 2008 Obama beat two people who had better resumés. Obama told people not to settle.

I'll just make a hypothesis: a lot of people resent those with "experience", because they perceive them as having access and always getting their foot in the door. I'm not saying that resentment is right, but it's a powerful feeling.

Trump was privileged fuckwit who was able to downplay all the ways he had things handed to him. Hillary's attempts to cast herself as a "nasty" iconoclast didn't play as well because she's always been seen as someone who had access to power.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
It's weird hildog didn't have the arrow point up, both in reference to the glass ceiling she always whined about and to emphasize we'd be raised up if we voted for her, or something along those lines.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I remember in January I began to see the "I'M WITH HER" tagline being spouted by Hillary supporters and such.

Donald Trump responded with this to say:

quote:

TRUMP: She believes she is entitled to the office.

Her campaign slogan is “I’m with her.”

You know what my response to that is? I’m with you: the American people.

She thinks it’s all about her.

I know it’s all about you – I know it’s all about making America Great Again for All Americans.

Our country lost its way when we stopped putting the American people first.

We got here because we switched from a policy of Americanism – focusing on what’s good for America’s middle class – to a policy of globalism, focusing on how to make money for large corporations who can move their wealth and workers to foreign countries all to the detriment of the American worker and the American economy.

Donald Trump...an rear end in a top hat that loves nothing but to put his names on the sides of buildings, and every other thing on the face of the earth...made himself seem more approachable, more "for the people" than a left wing candidate for President.

That's loving sad.

Hillary whiffed on her campaign slogan and then whiffed on a comeback to her opponent's slogan. "AMERICA IS ALREADY GREAT". You know who thinks that? People that make 6 figures plus.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Trump may be an idiot baby man in virtually every other arena, but the man does have talent and skill at branding and showmanship. For fucks sake he went on pro wrestling and let himself get hit as part of a bit. Thats like a billion Broad City appearances, except in a way that actually connected and wasnt incredibly pandering. The least charismatic candidate in a generation hand picked a showman to run against.

She should have run against Jeb!. That would have been a boring as gently caress GE that would have perfectly played to her policy wonk strengths.

It still kills me that 'the most qualified candidate ever*' ran one of the most personal attack focused campaigns in living memory instead of trying to show off her supposed policy strengths.

* qualified meaning only winning one elected position by carpet bagging into a safe district and running a spectacularly expensive and negative campaign against her opponent who eventually imploded under his own scandals but still under performing Al Gore

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hillary Clinton going on professional wrestling and staging a hit on her but piledriving the oppo would have been completely nuts. I mean that's what she tried to do but ended up stumbling under the arena with her theme music while the audience and Trump looks on in bewilderment.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
do u think hillary reads this thread each night and weeps into her brandy

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Not a Step posted:

Thats like a billion Broad City appearances

He also didn't look like a malfunctioning animatronic in his appearances.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Through it all, the damage that Hillary Clinton did to Broad City is the thing that aggravates me the most

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Hillary would be a great heel

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Modest Mao posted:

do u think hillary reads this thread each night and weeps into her brandy

no

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Do you think she has a team obsessively monitoring the internet for any negative posts about her who them summarize those posts and give her a bullet point update every morning?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Yeah, It's Crown Royal not brandy.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Dark Weasel posted:

Through it all, the damage that Hillary Clinton did to Broad City is the thing that aggravates me the most

I had to stop watching that show, used to love it. Sad!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Yeah, It's Crown Royal not brandy.

it's crown royal while reading politico, not this :salt:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Typically when you attack a candidate you're trying to depress the turnout of their supporters, which is why all of the anti-trump commercials focused entirely on racism and sexism rather than his catchphrase literally being "you're fired". If Hillary is going to be marked as corrupt, why not mark Trump as an out of touch billionaire? If you can't splice in you're fired with some closed factory stock footage, you suck.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Not a Step posted:

Do you think she has a team obsessively monitoring the internet for any negative posts about her who them summarize those posts and give her a bullet point update every morning?

I'll one up you here; I think she has a still-active internet defense force that feel compelled to correct anything they see anywhere, on any web forum, dead and gay or otherwise, that could reflect poorly on their dear abuela

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

comedyblissoption posted:

what subset of the electorate does this speech appeal to except the most diehard clinton supporters given the context that clinton was being criticized as a pro wall-street candidate?

this speech only makes people dislike her more and people make fun of her for it to this day. hillary was a terrible candidate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.51fc249989ed

is the worker not entitled to the surplus value of his labor?

"no!" says the hilldog, "for it does not end racexism"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

comedyblissoption posted:

what subset of the electorate does this speech appeal to except the most diehard clinton supporters given the context that clinton was being criticized as a pro wall-street candidate?

this speech only makes people dislike her more and people make fun of her for it to this day. hillary was a terrible candidate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.51fc249989ed

Her entire campaign could be summed up as "things that tested well among people that were already very supportive of Hillary Clinton"

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Panzeh posted:

Typically when you attack a candidate you're trying to depress the turnout of their supporters, which is why all of the anti-trump commercials focused entirely on racism and sexism rather than his catchphrase literally being "you're fired". If Hillary is going to be marked as corrupt, why not mark Trump as an out of touch billionaire? If you can't splice in you're fired with some closed factory stock footage, you suck.

I never understood why they didn't focus on Trump being a crook who ripped off the little guy... It seemed like a home run. They did a bit with Trump U, but then Trump would say something outlandish and they would just focus on his evil words not his evil actions.

Modest Mao posted:

The idea that the MAGA hat is bad design and the H is good is some bizzaro world poo poo

the MAGA hat looks like americana, like literally every gas station across america sells those types of shoddy hats and it actually owns. It's incredibly easy to understand and an aggressive visible symbol, so much so that students have been banned from wearing it

The H is so laughably bad and as someone who works in an extremely visual field this is the most palpable out-of-touch-coastal-elite story I've read yet

MAGA hat knock offs were being sold across America. People don't bootleg ineffectual designs. Didn't see a lot of "forward together" or whatever hats or shirts...

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

basically hillary's campaign stuff was like those hashtags you see in ads where nobody uses them except bots, minor instagram celebrities paid to do so and maybe 4-5 true believers in the brand where it's just like "why. but why though"

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Montasque posted:

MAGA hat knock offs were being sold across America. People don't bootleg ineffectual designs. Didn't see a lot of "forward together" or whatever hats or shirts...

Even in Brooklyn.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

The Brown Menace posted:

basically hillary's campaign stuff was like those hashtags you see in ads where nobody uses them except bots, minor instagram celebrities paid to do so and maybe 4-5 true believers in the brand where it's just like "why. but why though"

#describe#how#u#feel#in#three#emojis#or#less

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Condiv posted:

#describe#how#u#feel#in#three#emojis#or#less

hard to believe such a tech and internet savvy campaign would then turn around and advise our dear abuela to play dumb on the email server thing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rha6Wamfp0

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Montasque posted:

I never understood why they didn't focus on Trump being a crook who ripped off the little guy... It seemed like a home run. They did a bit with Trump U, but then Trump would say something outlandish and they would just focus on his evil words not his evil actions.

Because his vulgarity is bad, but the fundamental ideas driving them are actually very good.

They dont seem to generally believe Trump did or wanted to do evil things, they believe he wanted to do perfectly good things but in bad ways.

So even if they attacked him on ripping off the little guy it would end up being a lovely attack because it would be framed as a "he didnt follow the proper protocals for ripping off the little guy!" thing

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Montasque posted:

I never understood why they didn't focus on Trump being a crook who ripped off the little guy...

lol yeah i wonder why, almost like they have no problem with that and even have defending the system that enables people like that as their core ideological tenet

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trumped Up Trickle Down

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Montasque posted:

Because Hillary had a vested interest in not prying too deeply into just how exactly Trump was a rip-off artist, nor in exposing too much of the exploitative framework in which he operated.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

GlyphGryph posted:

Because his vulgarity is bad, but the fundamental ideas driving them are actually very good.

They dont seem to generally believe Trump did or wanted to do evil things, they believe he wanted to do perfectly good things but in bad ways.

So even if they attacked him on ripping off the little guy it would end up being a lovely attack because it would be framed as a "he didnt follow the proper protocals for ripping off the little guy!" thing

Trump has turned in to an utter disaster but during the campaign and early on it seemed like the issue was more that he was open and vulgar in his corruption instead of hiding it behind layers like everybody else. It wasn't what he did, it was that he didn't pretend to be noble about it.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Because Hillary had a vested interest in not prying too deeply into just how exactly Trump was a rip-off artist, nor in exposing too much of the exploitative framework in which he operated.
Yeah, I doubt very much she has any actual quibbles with how Trump conducted his business; rather, a bourgie sense that he's too boorish and sleazy.

Plus Trump already had the a good retort that he first floated out in the primary, which is that he is smart for having taken advantage of the flaws of the system, he'd have been derelict in his duty to have not done so, and since he knows all the loopholes he knows how best to deal with them.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
This is some pro loving click hate reading material

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Their sheer hatred of Bernie is rather fascinating.

In hindsight, maybe he should have ran on the Green Ticket or Third Party. Not like he was going to make his standing with these people any worse. Sure as hell is meaningless to them that he helped her campaign and tried to offer her whatever it would take to beat Trump. (But they rejected that, so)

gobbagool posted:

Even in Brooklyn.

Seeing TONS of college kids at Carb Day (tradition in Indianapolis) should have been a red flag in regards to whom was going to win the election.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

Their sheer hatred of Bernie is rather fascinating.

In hindsight, maybe he should have ran on the Green Ticket or Third Party. Not like he was going to make his standing with these people any worse. Sure as hell is meaningless to them that he helped her campaign and tried to offer her whatever it would take to beat Trump. (But they rejected that, so)

Nah, running for the Democratic party ticket and then coming out in support of the eventual winner instead of mounting a third party vanity campaign was absolutely the right move move. There's a reason he's currently the most popular politician in America and the Democratic establishment is feeling the need to make moves to fend off or co-opt the influence of his ideas. Creating political change doesn't necessitate converting every deplorable Dem out there.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

LGD posted:

Nah, running for the Democratic party ticket and then coming out in support of the eventual winner instead of mounting a third party vanity campaign was absolutely the right move move. There's a reason he's currently the most popular politician in America and the Democratic establishment is feeling the need to make moves to fend off or co-opt the influence of his ideas. Creating political change doesn't necessitate converting every deplorable Dem out there.

This. The best possible outcome he could have expected from a third party run would be as a forgettable footnote, and more likely would have degenerated into a Nader-esque vanity exercise.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

wait wait wait, am i right in that they're trying to lump in millenial feminists with russians and sanders and misogyny in reasons queen hillary lost? because holy poo poo let's just divide up our base even more, gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Millenial feminists hate women

• Locked thread