Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
I guess this thread gets triggered when anyone even implies that anything these two might have ever said anything that could be possibly problematic. I wish we could discuss this without you getting so emotional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
i like life...
so much better...
without my RITALIN

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

ol yeller posted:

I guess this thread gets triggered when anyone even implies that anything these two might have ever said anything that could be possibly problematic. I wish we could discuss this without you getting so emotional.

:goonsay:

Edit: Also,

Caper fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 3, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Fruit???

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

No!

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

ol yeller posted:

My problem ... is YOU!

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

ol yeller posted:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

drat, i feel really put in my place now

hell

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I wish Jonathan would drunk drive his range rover over your problematic fruitcake rear end honestly.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

epic gbs guy

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

dont know about you guys but if i was ever lightly chided for saying 'fruit' in front of a room full of ppl i don't know in an area where a large number of ppl are lgbtq i would enter a berzerker rage and smash everything around me with my larger than average hands and feet

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
im glad a bunch of white dudes on the internet finally solved the issue of whether people are being overly sensitive or not

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Trunko posted:

I wish Jonathan would drunk drive his range rover over your problematic fruitcake rear end honestly.
cool dude who wishes death upon people because they won't let him call gay people the certain word he wants to use

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hooplah posted:

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Jah is flawed but means well. Just like me.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This whole thread needs to go on that ketamine study

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I don't actually have a problem with anyone in this thread. I just wanted to quote the line that made me laugh the hardest in the last year of episodes.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

C-Euro posted:

This whole thread needs to go on that ketamine study

No joke the last episode got me a googling and now I want to try Ketamine

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I don't know what you ketamine

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I bruise easily, see for yourself.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Tony Romo is retiring. Seth's gonna be devastated.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/04/04/tony-romo-retiring-from-nfl-going-into-broadcasting-report.html

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I just run until i'm HIGH!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
just caught up with the live shows and i think a bunch of woke brooklyn twitter girls & their cucked bfs booing jah for saying "fruit" is actually extremely good

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

goferchan posted:

just caught up with the live shows and i think a bunch of woke brooklyn twitter girls & their cucked bfs booing jah for saying "fruit" is actually extremely good

good to know thank you for bringing this poo poo up again

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

good to know thank you for bringing this poo poo up again
Yeah let's not snark support of booing homophobia x.
I always forget there are some terrible lovely punch-down people in these forums.
--

Hey, does anybody else feel like Patreon was a double edged sword? Two episodes a week doesn't do it for me because I don't have time to listen to both so I end up feeling like I'm not keeping up. And then I drop off listening all together.

If they upped each episode to eighty minutes (1:20 hours) each I'm sure people would be wicked cool with that.
1:20 is the average Loveline episode sans ads so like, there is a precedent. It seems to be the sweet spot. At least for me. Although I have friends who balk at the idea of listening to a podcast longer than half an hour. They are really missing out.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
I haven't checked out UYD's Patreon yet (I think I'm up to like 2009). UYD is especially easy for long episodes, because they jump around a lot and so if you have to stop listening you can just hit pause after a bit finishes up/just as a new one starts.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

https://twitter.com/vurnt22/status/846847237611249664

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Anyone still hosting the 1-400 collection? Trying to start from the beginning again but it doesn't look like anyone is seeding the torrent.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Biodome posted:

Anyone still hosting the 1-400 collection? Trying to start from the beginning again but it doesn't look like anyone is seeding the torrent.

Just get the archives feed.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Just get the archives feed.
link?

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

http://archive.uhhyeahdu.de/episodes.rss?all_episodes=true

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
How much more money would they make if they did bonus patreon episodes?
Doughboys is doing a $5/month for a weekly bonus EP. They're at nearly 10k/month now. It's definitely not nearly as popular of a show.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

n8r posted:

How much more money would they make if they did bonus patreon episodes?
Doughboys is doing a $5/month for a weekly bonus EP. They're at nearly 10k/month now. It's definitely not nearly as popular of a show.
That really should have been the model once they started putting out two a week -- one free, one at $5/mo. Chapo Trap House pretty definitively established that as the model for how Patreon podcasts should work and Doughboys and others are serving as further proof. The $10/mo tier for a one-time reward of the USB stick, even discounting the issues they had fulfilling it, never made much sense.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That really should have been the model once they started putting out two a week -- one free, one at $5/mo. Chapo Trap House pretty definitively established that as the model for how Patreon podcasts should work and Doughboys and others are serving as further proof. The $10/mo tier for a one-time reward of the USB stick, even discounting the issues they had fulfilling it, never made much sense.

Most of the words in this paragraph didn't exist before the year 2000

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

I'm glad uyd isn't doing the patreon-only episodes. poo poo is wack

e: although it would be cool for them to make more money I guess. Jonathan is probably due for another vacation soon.

Matey fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 7, 2017

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
I'm pretty sure they've repeatedly said they would never do that sort of exclusive paid content. Like it's part of their whole schtick as grandpas of podcasting.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Based on how well they handle a regular release schedule, merchandise, and Patreon rewards thus far, I can only imagine trying to do regular Patreon-only episodes would be a glorious clusterfuck.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Markovnikov posted:

I'm pretty sure they've repeatedly said they would never do that sort of exclusive paid content. Like it's part of their whole schtick as grandpas of podcasting.

Speaking of, I've been enjoying the whole "old, bitter" vibe the show has had recently.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Speaking of, I've been enjoying the whole "old, bitter" vibe the show has had recently.

Johnathan getting angry about his brother being 30 and it spiraling into how they're going to live in fans houses when they're old is about the funniest poo poo I've ever heard on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Giga Gaia posted:

Johnathan getting angry about his brother being 30 and it spiraling into how they're going to live in fans houses when they're old is about the funniest poo poo I've ever heard on the show.
ep?