Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Cardboard Box posted:

you'd think the d-pad would be perfected for every game controller by now but the dualshock 4's is the only one of the current controllers that i think is really great

i believe it just connects over usb. no special drivers, it's just basic directinput and you'd have to use third party software to make it work for most games, and even then you'll get xbox button prompts which will make it really weird since the X, Y, A and B buttons are all in completely different positions than nintendo controllers.

This is why even though I don't care for the xbone controller I use it for PC games. They are build with it as default and it just makes things easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

HyperPuma posted:

cool. more piracy talk

what is it with this thread

I don't know friend, I just don't know. :ohdear:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If you want to play Super Mario World directly from Nintendo, might I suggest purchasing the game on your Nintendo Wii U or, perhaps, the New Nintendo 3DS video game system?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

bef posted:

goons is this OK for portable charging? i know charging comments are like 1/3 of this thread but i would need to order one today

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-High-Capacity-Portable/dp/B014ZO46LK?tag=imoreb-20&ascsubtag=UUimUdUnU41358

dont want to destroy switch battery :newlol:

Anything USB-C to C won't destroy your Switch. You just have to worry about USB-A to C. But, since the USB-C port on that charger is 5V/3A, it won't charge at full speed. From what I hear, the Switch won't pull more than 2A, so you will only be sending 5V/2A to it. That means that for Zelda, it is possible that you either won't gain any battery life while playing it, or very, very slowly lose charge. Either way, it will significantly increase your playing time while charging, so that may or may not be a deal-breaker for you.

EDIT: Also, I believe bad USB-A to C will hurt the charging device, not the device being charged. The thing with the bad cables is that they let the device being charged draw more power from charging device than the charging device could support, which would break it. Meaning, if you have an old laptop that can only safely discharge 5V/1.2A from the USB-A port, and you connect your fancy phone with a bad USB-A to C cable, your phone may try to pull something like 5V/3A from that USB-A port, frying your old laptop. If you stick with USB-C to C cables, you will not have this problem as USB-C natively supports this.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 3, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-153-with-gray-joy-con-153-starter-bundle/-/A-52385985

$499 target bundle with Zelda, 12Switch, Pro Controller, Amiibo, and carrying case.

Still in stock after almost an hour.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

HyperPuma posted:

cool. more piracy talk

crime ftw

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

LPG Giant posted:

What are you guys doing to fill up your controller collection? When MK8 comes around I'll want to have four for the true multiplayer experience. I now have the joycons and 1 pro controller, so that's three people. I could get another pro controller, another set of joy-cons or just one extra joy-con. Will there be 5-player games at some point? I don't really feel like getting a single joy-con because -symmetry-, but getting two seems overkill as one will always be unused. An advantage is that nobody can complain about getting the 'poo poo' controller.

Fourth player can use the touch screen to play at my rooftop party

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nalin posted:

Anything USB-C to C won't destroy your Switch. You just have to worry about USB-A to C. But, since the USB-C port on that charger is 5V/3A, it won't charge at full speed. From what I hear, the Switch won't pull more than 2A, so you will only be sending 5V/2A to it. That means that for Zelda, it is possible that you either won't gain any battery life while playing it, or very, very slowly lose charge. Either way, it will significantly increase your playing time while charging, so that may or may not be a deal-breaker for you.

EDIT: Also, I believe bad USB-A to C will hurt the charging device, not the device being charged. The thing with the bad cables is that they let the device being charged draw more power from charging device than the charging device could support, which would break it. Meaning, if you have an old laptop that can only safely discharge 5V/1.2A from the USB-A port, and you connect your fancy phone with a bad USB-A to C cable, your phone may try to pull something like 5V/3A from that USB-A port, frying your old laptop. If you stick with USB-C to C cables, you will not have this problem as USB-C natively supports this.

This is dumb and wrong

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

bef posted:

goons is this OK for portable charging? i know charging comments are like 1/3 of this thread but i would need to order one today

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-High-Capacity-Portable/dp/B014ZO46LK?tag=imoreb-20&ascsubtag=UUimUdUnU41358

I've got something very similar and the thing I'm paranoid about is using dodgy USB-C Cables.

I currently use a known compliant USB to USB-C cable with it and my phone hasn't blown up yet. It's pretty good at giving the juice so I'll be using the setup for Switch... when I finally get it.

Motto posted:

crime ftw

Crimes?

pippy fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 3, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Jesus christ, just buy any of the cables that have a billion reviews on amazon, grab a battery and plug it in, you'll be fine. You people put wayyyyy too much thought into these things.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Dehry posted:

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-153-with-gray-joy-con-153-starter-bundle/-/A-52385985

$499 target bundle with Zelda, 12Switch, Pro Controller, Amiibo, and carrying case.

Still in stock after almost an hour.

can you even return the bundled poo poo at Target?

Also that thing is marked at 700 CAD. I know the dollar ain't great but an extra $200 is insane. I'd expect $150~

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Thought about getting fast rmx, but decided not to with Mario Kart coming at the end of the month. $20 seems a bit steep when I'll be playing Mario Kart a lot more.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah fast rmx is cool and i don't regret getting it as one of the two games i got at launch but it's gonna be a pretty thin experience compared to mario kart. i never owned a wii u so i'm looking forward to finally playing that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cartoon Man posted:

Thought about getting fast rmx, but decided not to with Mario Kart coming at the end of the month. $20 seems a bit steep when I'll be playing Mario Kart a lot more.

They scratch two different kinds of racing itches.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I really wish that the HORI playstand wasn't on a 1-2 month backlog on Amazon. There are other stands, but all of the other ones block the vents on the back of the Switch. :(

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

CVagts posted:

I really wish that the HORI playstand wasn't on a 1-2 month backlog on Amazon. There are other stands, but all of the other ones block the vents on the back of the Switch. :(

Foldable Adjustable iPhone Stand, Lamicall Phone Stand : For Nintendo Switch all Android Smartphone, iPhone 6 6s Plus 5 5s 5c 7 charging, Accessories Desk, Tablet - Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0A7EAE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_cEO4ybQH3RVNA

Only good stand, let's vents breathe. Your welcome.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Takoluka posted:

They scratch two different kinds of racing itches.

I really like F Zero and I heard it's closer to wipeout which I'm not as much a fan of. My wife and daughter will play the hell out of Mario Kart with me and probably never touch Fast RMX.

Still I'd like to get it, but $20 is just too much with $60 Mario Kart right around the corner.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Motto posted:

crime ftw

BOTW looks amazing on cemu 1.7.4

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

This is dumb and wrong

Please explain, I am very interested.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Blister posted:

BOTW looks amazing on cemu 1.7.4

Is cemu user friendly enough to where I could figure it out yet?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Is cemu user friendly enough to where I could figure it out yet?

It's about as involved as using a gun to steal from a gas station.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

bef posted:

I bought this very charger. It is excellent.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Deviant posted:

Can someone re-link the amiibo powersaves thingy? I can't find it, and i'm not entirely sure what I need to buy.

Yeah. I'd appreciate this too.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol that owns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HyperPuma posted:

cool. more piracy talk

zsnes owns thO???????

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

So, your experience may vary is what you're saying.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Every time you emulate a Nintendo game one of their employees gets cancer

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Milkman posted:

Every time you emulate a Nintendo game one of their employees gets cancer

at this point they're really more cancer than man if thats the case

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

hey you hear that Nintendo, if you want to stop getting cancer maybe you should release Mother 3.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Bum the Sad posted:

Yeah. I'd appreciate this too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IRHPIBI

It's not the same, but I ended up buying this for amiibo backups.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You would steal a gas station would you?

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

eonwe posted:

lol that owns

I remember you from Overwatch hype, sup dude?

My Switch hasn't arrived yet, i am sad.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Cave Story is coming to Switch as "Cave Story +" this June.

Physical and digital releases. $29.99.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I vaguely understand why Binding of Isaac justified a $40 release but they must be high to charge $30 for that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pippy posted:

I remember you from Overwatch hype, sup dude?

My Switch hasn't arrived yet, i am sad.

hey buddy! the switch owns glady ou are getting one

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

If I catch ANYONE stealing or pirating amiibos I will kill them ON THE SPOT. This is your FINAL warning.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

my buddy Superfly posted:

If I catch ANYONE stealing or pirating amiibos I will kill them ON THE SPOT. This is your FINAL warning.

I never go outside though

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Phantasium posted:

I vaguely understand why Binding of Isaac justified a $40 release but they must be high to charge $30 for that.

Yeah, Cave Story+ is currently $15 on Steam, not on sale. Unless there's something seriously different and special about it (extra features?), I'm not sure charging double is going to be worth it.

Also, one fun thing with Isaac is that the PS4 STILL hasn't gotten the Afterbirth+ update.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

my buddy Superfly posted:

fight me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Emulation PIRACY is why Nintendo hasn't made a yen off its back catalog since 1997

• Locked thread