Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah i thought it was a super good match that probably would've been really great in front of a hotter crowd

Its the job of the performers to manipulate the crowd. Cena-Nikki killed them and they never went back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Stupid that the Miz didn't win while Cena is going to be part timing but who knows I thought dean would drop the belt as well

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They should be the hardy men now.

Also I'd be fine if New Day never appeared again

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Which is why I don't see Ranallo lasting as long as Cole. I hope he does but something just tells me some bullshit will happen and they can him.

uh when was the last time you watched smackdown

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I honestly don't know why if the WWE is so insistent on running a 6 hour show they won't run an intermission in the middle. It's probably one of the most vital things they could do to not kill the crowd.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Do it ironically posted:

Stupid that the Miz didn't win while Cena is going to be part timing but who knows I thought dean would drop the belt as well

i gotta say it'd be funny to have cena try and get up and do the total bellas storyline proposal after getting his rear end beat.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Skinty McEdger posted:

I honestly don't know why if the WWE is so insistent on running a 6 hour show they won't run an intermission in the middle. It's probably one of the most vital things they could do to not kill the crowd.

They had a concert in the middle

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Rhonne posted:

Best moment of Wrestlemania was that security guard who didn't know who Gronkowski was.

Props to her trying to stop a 6'4 NFL player from getting in the ring. Loved that. But let's be real here Mojo is still pretty green and considering the former winners of the AMBR Mojo is pretty steep drop off.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Skinty McEdger posted:

I guess if you're in the crowd the concert works as an intermission.

The problem is it is total death to your tv audience, because oh my god do concerts over a broadcast platform suck, and it's not like Kevin Dunn is any good at directing for it (it's arguable that he's really any good at directing for wrestling either anymore, either, but that's another house to burn). Especially if it goes on too long, because if someone goes and piss breaks during the concert and comes back and it's still going, it's like "oh for gently caress's sake".

And of course there's the whole "cutting the talent's time for massive whiffing swings at pop culture relevance".

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I imagine The Hardys just having a stack of title belts in the corner of their room from the last month.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Its the job of the performers to manipulate the crowd. Cena-Nikki killed them and they never went back.

but the crowd cheered for the proposal for the most part

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what are the chances SD gets a callup or two now that Cena is gone until like next year? idk if there are any rumblings of the rosters going through a draft or trades but I really just want Nakamura called up sooner than later so we can get Styles v. Shinsuke II before either of them reach 40.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I really got a kick out of ultra babyface Miz though. He looked to be having the absolute time of his life with it.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

The Cameo posted:

I guess if you're in the crowd the concert works as an intermission.

The problem is it is total death to your tv audience, because oh my god do concerts over a broadcast platform suck, and it's not like Kevin Dunn is any good at directing for it (it's arguable that he's really any good at directing for wrestling either anymore, either, but that's another house to burn). Especially if it goes on too long, because if someone goes and piss breaks during the concert and comes back and it's still going, it's like "oh for gently caress's sake".

And of course there's the whole "cutting the talent's time for massive whiffing swings at pop culture relevance".
I don't really know how an intermission would function differently than this, though. As in, precisely because I didn't care about missing the concert, I went to the bathroom and got a snack.

The show was probably just too long anyway. 4 hours + 30 minute preshow should probably be the upper hand limit.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

Best moment of Wrestlemania was that security guard who didn't know who Gronkowski was.
That was amazing

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

roman reigns w on

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
That Shane shooting star press was so pretty. Rollins shoulda won with curbstomp or a piledriver since the match was unsanctioned. I hate when an RKO is literally out of nowhere, it shoulda kinda-sorta-alittlebit be from somewhere.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

That DICK! posted:

Roman Hating Hating is played out at this point too, so you look like a real jabroni here pally boy

I was actually just surprised that reddit wasn't really mad at Roman at all aside from a few people tbh

I get the Roman hate even if I think Roman is dreamy and like his matches

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So over the course of Wrestlemania weekend I beat The Witcher 3 and Hearts of Stone.

drat. Just...drat. I really felt for Ciri and Iris, the wedding with Shani was a lot of fun, and just seeing blue skies in the first five minutes of Blood and Wine makes me grin. Looking forward to playing a lot more during Monday Night Raw tonight!

It's a shame when a 10-hour expansion pack tells a more compelling story than all of Wrestlemania combined.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
They're gonna do an angle where Taker is gonna transfer his essence/superpowers to Roman and proclaim him the new Deadman, aren't they?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Castor Poe posted:

They're gonna do an angle where Taker is gonna transfer his essence/superpowers to Roman and proclaim him the new Deadman, aren't they?

Roman will spend the opening Raw segment eating Taker's coat and hat to boos

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Castor Poe posted:

Roman doesn't need them, by beating Taker he has proven himself to be the Bigger Dog

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

The Landstander posted:

I would legit cheer this because it'd be the most interesting thing Roman has done since the Shield broke up. Probably before.

Fake edit: EAT THE loving HAT, ROMAN

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

still thinkin' 'bout that snake :grin:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

The Landstander posted:

what is this TRASH doing in MY YARD

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

still thinkin' 'bout that snake :grin:

hell yeah

HELL YEAH!!!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
NOW ON DVD AND BLU-RAY

HEY ARNOLD: WWE

When Big Bob Pataki teams up with the Big Dog to tear down the neighborhood tree house in the Big Dog's yard it'll take Arnold, Helga and Gerald's uncles the New Day to stop him!

Coming this Fall.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I want takers clothes to stay in the ring forever ruining matches

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think HHH/Rollins was good and didn't kill the crowd as much as some people act like it did. It started slow and quiet but they definitely built something, the crowd was pretty loving hot by the end, it told a good story, and the finish was NEAR perfect and the right man went over. I think much like the Mania crowd at the beginning, some people are acting like it was worse/more heatless than it was because of fatigue, oh and because HHH. It could've been more brutal and/or faster paced but I still maintain I think they worked slower partly for Seth's safety, which they should've.

Honestly I've looked up a few reviews from people who were in attendance and I've yet to find anyone who wasn't more positive on the show than some people here were. And yeah I know, THEY WERE THERE OF COURSE THEY WANNA ACT LIKE IT WAS BETTER RABBLE RABBLE but let's be real it didn't stop everyone from hating last year, even people who were there.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
HHH Rollins was so drat boring.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rollins didn't use Curb Stomp / Sethwalker / Avada Kedavra, match bad, 2 1/2 stars at best

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

thelazyblank posted:

I would legit cheer this because it'd be the most interesting thing Roman has done since the Shield broke up. Probably before.

Fake edit: EAT THE loving HAT, ROMAN

That would own. Shades of Jeff/CM Punk which is hilarious now in hindsight.

bradzilla posted:

uh when was the last time you watched smackdown

A full episode? Since the draft I think and just watch highlights on the Youtube channel. He's still good right?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

Rollins didn't use Curb Stomp / Sethwalker / Avada Kedavra, match bad, 2 1/2 stars at best

He used the AK didn't he? The one thing I'd have done differently is have Seth finish it with the Curb Stomp.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
I genuinely enjoyed Wrestlemania this year. More than Takeover, I dare say.

Even if some of the matches were weak, I can at least think of one or two moments and say to myself "Yeah. Yeah, that was a good moment."

Even the Mixed Tag match as a match was just a means to an end. Roman/Taker did kinda take too long to get to the fireworks factory, but it was worth it for the retirement sequence. Rollins/HHH had that really good spot with HHH and Steph at the end. Corbin/Ambrose had that amazing flip counter. Orton/Wyatt used their visuals to perfection to make up for the lackluster matchup, and I feel like the crowd wasn't as hot on an Orton win as they were for Orton's face turn.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

HHH/Rollins was pretty good and told a nice story. There was a legit injury to work around so they couldn't just go balls to the wall. Outdoor arenas don't lend themselves to super hot crowds because the sound just dissipates.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i mean of course rollins wasn't going to do the curb stomp, the whole reason they scrapped that move was because of sponsors not liking a wrestler doing a literal curb stomp wasn't it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

A full episode? Since the draft I think and just watch highlights on the Youtube channel. He's still good right?

he hasnt been on smackdown for like a month because of probably mental health issues.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

THis ain't ballet. You gotta work hurt you go out and do your job.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Cardboard Box posted:

i mean of course rollins wasn't going to do the curb stomp, the whole reason they scrapped that move was because of sponsors not liking a wrestler doing a literal curb stomp wasn't it

uh, it was an unsanctioned match, the wwe did not endorse or advertise the match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He used the AK didn't he? The one thing I'd have done differently is have Seth finish it with the Curb Stomp.

That phoenix splash for me.

It'd work so good for him as his finisher coming out of this.

EDIT: Really since the curb stomp is just not coming back I'd love him to transition over to either that or the Falcon Arrow (or both).

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 3, 2017

• Locked thread