Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oodx4X1z0yI

so a new agents of mayhem trailer hit. its basicaly a 80s cartoon/movie/tv show inspired game in the saints row universe. i want to like it, but that swapping mecanic looks bad plus it just looks generic, like i get what they are trying to go for and i am sure it will be ok at least because volition has talent. but the everything look, idk eh. it looks like something that was poo poo out by gearbox.

Hopefully that means Freespace 3 is next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

bloodychill posted:

In Front Mission 3, deciding whether or not to go hang out with your best friend after finishing the first mission in the game completely changes the entire mission structure and story.

I finished that game on the Emma route and didnt even realize there was a whole other route until I saw a lets play of the game

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

RickDaedalus posted:

First time I've seen a game dubbed in Spanish. The dub replaces a few words so it isn't 100% accurate, if anyone is curious.

Im tempted to play the Witcher 3 in spanish now

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

RCRU Patch 8 notes posted:

Highlights:

Fixed local player drop-ins
Fixed epilogue loop in NG+ if player skipped the final cutscene
Fixed Glen's Hip Toss and Kick Toss doing no damage
Fixed cases where weather was appearing indoors (dojos, elevator)
Fixed cases where weapons stored in a hideout just before saving would not save
Fixed NG+ chapter selection clearing side quest progress
Fixed Rudy's hidden book not triggering
Fixed bug where soda machines were vending the wrong brand
Fixed arm positioning for Riki skin

Patch 8a:

Fixed an item duplication bug.

Still waiting on those larger AI fixes they talked about a few weeks back...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

still waiting on items getting actual stat descriptions so I don't have to alt tab into a guide to read about them, as if this were college english and I was tasked to read Ulysses and the Odyssey side by side

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MinibarMatchman posted:

still waiting on items getting actual stat descriptions so I don't have to alt tab into a guide to read about them, as if this were college english and I was tasked to read Ulysses and the Odyssey side by side

It's on their to-do list! I'll be happy when I can report that the move list and item descriptions are finally fixed.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Grapplejack posted:

You can buy it from P&D's shop in route C. Or at the end if A/B? I don't remember when that store opens.

I got the shop open during my first playthrough, but I don't know if there are different routes to follow or if there's a standard end to the first go. I haven't looked up anything regarding paths to get different endings so it's all a mystery to me. Seeing it and not buying it was real stupid. There were some other good chips at that shop but I don't remember anything being more obviously useful.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I also had to move Evade over to L2, it just feels more natural to have it tied to the hand actually doing the movement with the left stick. I also wish there was a way to automatically switch my lock-ons once I kill an enemy rather than having to manually re-engage it, though for all I know there's a chip that will do that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i remapped dodge/run to r1, lock on to r2, pod to l1, and pod special to l2. aka god's setup

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

I finally got to play 1/2 Genie Hero and it's disappointing. It's not as fun as the last two games :(

I found it was a lot more fun the second time through, playing on Hardcore mode. Mainly because I had a vague idea when/where to go backtracking to find stuff (or when to just beeline for quest items), and because Hardcore mode is pretty well done other than getting over the initial hurdle right at the start.

Mouse form will always and forever just be loving terrible though so I'm looking forward to the other characters mostly in hopes they don't have to do that poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't play with lock on :smug:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I've missed two days and the April thread is already twelve pages? Dammmmmn, Gina! (90s Martin reference)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

In Training posted:

I didn't play with lock on :smug:

it's not very useful really

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's only useful for 9S's hacking because that has really bad vertical tracking.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm playing Persona 5 right now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

:mad:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
what the gently caress how

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's weird to me that as far as I can tell, nobody has ever made a modern reimagining of Skyroads. Platforming on a space hoverboard, looking at awesome skyboxes while chill synth music plays in the background, I feel like this would be an awesome way to pass the time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Some people have been playing Persona 5 for six months!

I got lucky and Gamefly just mailed out my copy so I will be forlornly checking my mailbox every half hour tomorrow

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

steamcompletionist isnt working for me anymore :(((

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

haveblue posted:

It's only useful for 9S's hacking because that has really bad vertical tracking.

That's usually worse because you can't lead shots with lock-on

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Some people have been playing Persona 5 for six months!

I got lucky and Gamefly just mailed out my copy so I will be forlornly checking my mailbox every half hour tomorrow

Curse you and your good luck with gamefly! I preordered persona because I knew I'd have to wait 2+ weeks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

I finally got to play 1/2 Genie Hero and it's disappointing. It's not as fun as the last two games :(

Same. Hoping the risky mode they add spices it up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I liked 1/2 Genie Hero a lot better than half finished second Shantae game.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I got my copy of persona 5 on friday! Game is very good

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

give head or get dead posted:

I got my copy of persona 5 on friday! Game is very good

...this is the first time you've come up for air, isn't it?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

I liked 1/2 Genie Hero a lot better than half finished second Shantae game.
Yeah, same. Risky's Revenge made me actively angry when I finished it because of how much it felt like they just threw up their hands in the middle of it with a "uuuhhhh I guess we're finished now, goodbye!"

1/2 Genie Hero is not as good as Pirate's Curse but it still a very polished and cute little platformer that was joyful in how it felt to play. I'm glad we got what we got and personally was never under the delusion that it was going to be Metroidvania-like.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

i reserved the dam thing at gamestop and tried to call them to see if they're doing a thing at 9 or 12 tonight but my store won't answer :I

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they're all playing persona

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah, same. Risky's Revenge made me actively angry when I finished it because of how much it felt like they just threw up their hands in the middle of it with a "uuuhhhh I guess we're finished now, goodbye!"

1/2 Genie Hero is not as good as Pirate's Curse but it still a very polished and cute little platformer that was joyful in how it felt to play. I'm glad we got what we got and personally was never under the delusion that it was going to be Metroidvania-like.

I actually prefer the Megaman X like format of the stages better than the sorta-Metroidvania ones from previous games. Especially the fact that once you enter a stage for the first time you can actually finish it on your first visit, and that the stages change on later revisits when you have to do backtracking.

I think probably the biggest problem (aside from Mouse form) is that the game is just too short to find places to make all of the transformations feel particularly meaningful. They should have probably just trimmed them down to the core 4, removed the dance pause "menu" and make transforming on the fly, and move Warp to the menu beside the whistle.

Actually Jar form is pretty awful too, but mainly just because of the fact that to get 100% completion you have to buy every item from the store, which is very expensive. But also the in-game timer doesn't advance while you are in town, so if you want to get a fast 100% clear time you have to uh, just buy the Jar form and then sit in the bathhouse with an autofire button held down for a good long while.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What's wrong with Mouse form?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Mainly it's just not a useful form for anything other than being a progression roadblock, and it's not fun or interesting to use either. It's not that much different from Bat or Spider forms in that regard, but it also feels 100% more tedious than those (which are barely used).

I was expecting them to actually make use of it for a boss at some point but they didn't, other than the secret joke achievement.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Raxivace posted:

PYF game with the word "Revelations" in the title.

Mine is probably Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Snak posted:

Pro Tip: Fallout Shelter is a free to play tie-in to a mediocre game. The easiest way to enjoy it more is probably just to lower your standards so that you find boring poo poo more enjoyable...

This also works for Bethesda games in general.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Snak posted:

Pro Tip: Fallout Shelter is a free to play tie-in to a mediocre game. The easiest way to enjoy it more is probably just to lower your standards so that you find boring poo poo more enjoyable...

Hey, it worked for my wife.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If Bayonetta is really coming out for the PC on the 11th, I might have to put Persona on hold. I really loved Nier: Automata but there was a bit of time where I had been expecting a Platinum-style action game and was kind of disappointed that it wasn't really that. Bayonetta would hit the spot

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
More likely its just getting announced for release on PC on the 11th.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait, is NieR: Automata not in Platinum's typical gameplay style?

Knowing Platinum was involved was what made me decide to skip out on that entire series since I don't like how their games play, but if it doesn't play like Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising etc. then I might go back and check it out after I'm done with Persona 5.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It has some of their touches but plays more like a slicker version of the original Nier

Also :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raxivace posted:

Wait, is NieR: Automata not in Platinum's typical gameplay style?

Knowing Platinum was involved was what made me decide to skip out on that entire series since I don't like how their games play, but if it doesn't play like Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising etc. then I might go back and check it out after I'm done with Persona 5.

It is but you can have a loadout of abilities that change things up and can trivislize it, and some of the multiple playthroughs have other mechanics that supersede the fighting

If you play on hard without healing abilities its a lot like bayo, aside from when the perspective shifts and its hard to follow whats happening for a bit but the game is a sequel to a very easy rpg so it can't just come out and grade people sub bronze for every fight on normal if they suck

• Locked thread