Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Bill Goldberg posted:

uh, it was an unsanctioned match, the wwe did not endorse or advertise the match

they could have murdered each other and it would have been all legal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Props to her trying to stop a 6'4 NFL player from getting in the ring. Loved that. But let's be real here Mojo is still pretty green and considering the former winners of the AMBR Mojo is pretty steep drop off.

On the other hand, when was the last time winning the AMBR meant anything for someones career?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

HHH Rollins was so drat boring.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

HHH/Rollins was pretty good and told a nice story. There was a legit injury to work around so they couldn't just go balls to the wall. Outdoor arenas don't lend themselves to super hot crowds because the sound just dissipates.

Lol yes let's just ignore how hot the crowd was for the hardy's.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

Stupid that the Miz didn't win while Cena is going to be part timing but who knows I thought dean would drop the belt as well

i swear to god this forum

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

That phoenix splash for me.

It'd work so good for him as his finisher coming out of this.

EDIT: Really since the curb stomp is just not coming back I'd love him to transition over to either that or the Falcon Arrow (or both).

I actually don't hate Seth using the Pedigree even now, I just thought this match should've ended differently because symbolism. I wouldn't have expected a full Curb Stomp return, just like, a one off super finisher like Orton's punt, which got used at least once after it was deemed A Bad Thing.

The_Rob posted:

Lol yes let's just ignore how hot the crowd was for the hardy's.

The crowd was legit hot for the end of HHH/Rollins.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I actually don't hate Seth using the Pedigree even now, I just thought this match should've ended differently because symbolism. I wouldn't have expected a full Curb Stomp return, just like, a one off super finisher like Orton's punt, which got used at least once after it was deemed A Bad Thing.

The crowd was legit hot for the end of HHH/Rollins.

Could have fooled me for how quiet it seemed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mania 34: The King of Kings vs The Demon King

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

The crowd was pretty hot for the ending of the match but they sounded dead for the first twenty minutes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

It wasn't though. Like I'm convinced some people seriously have selective hearing. It wasn't as hot as Brock/Goldberg or the Hardys, but it was very respectable heat, especially considering how late in the show it was. The main was boring and heatless, not HHH/Seth. It wasn't as good as it could've been but ffs Seth is still hurt and they clearly played it safe which again they should've.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I don't know if this been mentioned million times, but it was Jeff's first Mania win.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah the crowd wasn't like totally dead for it and they had them fully by the last few minutes but i think they were pretty tired by that point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

The match sucked and the crowd treated it as such, but they were alive from the pedigree reversal segment on through the Steph bump

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i'm debuting tonight

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
The arena was loud with boos throughout Roman's victory but they cut all the crowd mics hard. I want the Orlando audience to just walk out or sit on their hands during the Roman segment tonight. No boos, no cheers, just indifference.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also Seth did use the Avada Kedavra, I'm rewatching it now and just saw it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also Seth did use the Avada Kedavra, I'm rewatching it now and just saw it.

the baby looked at you?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

the baby looked at you?

Yes.

The one thing I did like about the use of the Pedigree is Seth's was verified as being kayfabe superior to 2017 HHH's Pedigree which is a great touch.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I said it in the discord chat last night, but that pedigree reversal sequence was literal masturbation.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

OctoberCountry posted:

I said it in the discord chat last night, but that pedigree reversal sequence was literal masturbation.

Watching people masturbate can be fun tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Mania 34: The King of Kings vs The Demon King

Thinking about this, I'm glad Finn was benched and didn't get to do that stupid crawling entrance down that entire goddamn ramp last night

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cardboard Box posted:

i mean of course rollins wasn't going to do the curb stomp, the whole reason they scrapped that move was because of sponsors not liking a wrestler doing a literal curb stomp wasn't it

Iirc it wasn't the sponsors, nor a question of concussion safety, there just isn't a Don't Try This At Home in the world big enough to wash away the prospect of a child American History X-ing another because he saw it on wrestling

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He used the AK didn't he? The one thing I'd have done differently is have Seth finish it with the Curb Stomp.

Me and my non-wrestling fan roommate laughed like hell at the 4 "Pedigree reversed into Pedigree" sequences.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Landstander posted:

Roman will spend the opening Raw segment eating Taker's coat and hat to boos
I would watch a WWE Network special that was a shot for shot remake of Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe but with Roman and the coat

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Chris James 2 posted:

Thinking about this, I'm glad Finn was benched and didn't get to do that stupid crawling entrance down that entire goddamn ramp last night

Jesus Christ it would have lasted so long. More generally, I'm glad they didn't try to shoehorn him into Wrestlemania in general. I figure he returns tonight and that was probably always the best option once he couldn't return in time for the Rumble.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Cubone posted:

Iirc it wasn't the sponsors, nor a question of concussion safety, there just isn't a Don't Try This At Home in the world big enough to wash away the prospect of a child American History X-ing another because he saw it on wrestling

yeah that sounds about right

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope they book Balor like a loser. His stupid entrance is cringe worthy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also several times I felt like JR was totally unenthused and off his game and I had to stop and remind myself that there's a pretty loving good reason for that. :smith:

Furthermore last night was good by virtue of it having SOMETHING that was the greatest ever. That loving set was the greatest Mania set of all time.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

I hope they book Balor like a loser. His stupid entrance is cringe worthy.

it's actually rad

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

this is a while back but if we're talking about really bad mania main events, hhh vs. orton from 25 i think was freakin bad, and it followed the first taker/shawn match which was, well hell it was a good match

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Watching people masturbate can be fun tbh

Why do you think I've watched all those Tyler Black Cyberfights videos?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I disagree with everyone saying roman probably caught heat for not being able to lift the Undertaker. Sure, a pro wrestler probably would, but I bet Roman got a standing ovation and ten thousand dollars and was allowed to stay up past his bedtime, instead.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

it's actually rad

It's cool and Finn Balor is cool and also good. The crawling is stupid and not cool and not good, however. He should just do his hand wavy thing.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

If Finn returns and isn't going to be a baby face tonight I at least hope he pretends to join newevolution but then instead kicks them all in the dick and rejoins his rightful place in the Balor Club

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

It's cool and Finn Balor is cool and also good. The crawling is stupid and not cool and not good, however. He should just do his hand wavy thing.

He should crawl through the smoke, then stand up and stay stood up.

Also there is one thing positive I can say about Reigns/Taker. I loved the final Super Spear. That was really well done and if the match had been any good and/or had any heat would've been an AMAZING ending, just like the Jumping Tombstone Taker used to finish HBK. That was one mirror spot they did well in a vacuum.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

yea ok posted:

this is a while back but if we're talking about really bad mania main events, hhh vs. orton from 25 i think was freakin bad, and it followed the first taker/shawn match which was, well hell it was a good match
One of the funny things is that people tend to forget that Cena/Edge/Big Show had a 3-way match inbetween these two. I only happen to remember because I was on Wikipedia earlier.

Goes to show how forgettable 25 was outside of HBK/Taker.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Here's hoping for a NJPW invasion with Finn Nak Gallows and Anderson coming out together and wrecking poo poo

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He should crawl through the smoke, then stand up and stay stood up.

Also there is one thing positive I can say about Reigns/Taker. I loved the final Super Spear. That was really well done and if the match had been any good and/or had any heat would've been an AMAZING ending, just like the Jumping Tombstone Taker used to finish HBK. That was one mirror spot they did well in a vacuum.

Bouncing from rope to rope to gain spear power was actually kind of dumb for what was supposed to be a big dramatic moment.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

Bouncing from rope to rope to gain spear power was actually kind of dumb for what was supposed to be a big dramatic moment.

I actually disagree 100%. It really was easy to buy in Wrestling Logic that that'd give Roman more momentum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Vaah posted:

Here's hoping for a NJPW invasion with Finn Nak Gallows and Anderson coming out together and wrecking poo poo

nah he's gonna challenge Lesnar and they're going to have Lesnar destroy the Demon so that he looks that much stronger before he gets destroyed by the Big Dog, Roman Reigns.

• Locked thread