Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It was one of those terrible syndicated shows like Cleopatra 2525 or anything Bruce Cambell appeared in during the 90's.

It was a step above that, with good production values (for the time), good actors (the bad guy, the nerdy and handsome sidekick, who was also in Nip/Tuck), a certain level of seriousness with the subject....

But it was kinda undone by an inability to not go full bore with the material. It was never as cool as you would hope it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shageletic posted:

It was a step above that, with good production values (for the time), good actors (the bad guy, the nerdy and handsome sidekick, who was also in Nip/Tuck), a certain level of seriousness with the subject....

But it was kinda undone by an inability to not go full bore with the material. It was never as cool as you would hope it would be.

Good production values? Bro, Mutant X was hot garbage.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Good production values? Bro, Mutant X was hot garbage.

Talkin about Witchblade.

And good for the time, I said.

Buddy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Then why did you quote my post which was in response to Mutant X?

Guy.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Then why did you quote my post which was in response to Mutant X?

Guy.

Cuz I got confused.

Bro.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shageletic posted:

Cuz I got confused.

Bro.

I guess we'll let it slide this time.

Friend.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I remember liking Mutant X. I can't imagine it holds up.

Also, Fox was totally within their rights to sue, I don't blame them one bit.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Season 2 trailer of Preacher is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_HcSSgJJqw
Man I hope its as good as season 1

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

achillesforever6 posted:

Season 2 trailer of Preacher is out

Man I hope its as good as season 1

I hope...it's better?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

New season of Better Call Saul, hope it's as good as Ghostbusters 2016.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

I hope...it's better?
Yeah it dragged in the middle but I think it really hit's stride in the home stretch and the finale was one my favorite dark comedies of all time.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

New season of Better Call Saul, hope it's as good as Ghostbusters 2016.

this but unironically

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ why am I still watching the Walking Dead

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I guess we'll let it slide this time.

Friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuQK6t2Esng

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

Not that I've watched it since the end of the prison, but: Fear of being out of the loop?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Norman Reedus?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Longbaugh01 posted:

Not that I've watched it since the end of the prison, but: Fear of being out of the loop?

Yeah this and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are why I check back periodically to see where they're at with the show.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

What stupid poo poo happened now?

Fun fact: My gf had watched every show live since season 2. Half way through the first half of season 7 she said she will wait for streaming if she has any interest left.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol if you ever watched Walking Dead after the first season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's a Defenders teaser going around, I'd post it but it'd be from a shady mirror video site because it's getting DMCA'd on reputable sites. Anyway it shows all four Defenders on an elevator through a security cam, and JJ jumps up and breaks the camera at 08:18:20:17. This article speculates that means the release date is August 18, 2017.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's confirmed now.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

:lol: Matt looks like such a dork

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Netflix put it on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ostYFNFjhJ4

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Hah, the IP in the camera leads to:

http://nybulletin.com/

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

achillesforever6 posted:

:lol: Matt looks like such a dork

He had to go with the beige pantyhose instead of the black pantyhose

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

It's confirmed now.

For even just those few seconds, that was some fuckin' terrible overacting by The Worst Iron Fist Ever.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Comfortador posted:

Hah, the IP in the camera leads to:

http://nybulletin.com/

Found this on there. Nice foreshadowing?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

the low budget local TV spot for Colleen Wing's dojo that the ad links too is really good

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
For a second I thought that was Danny with some semblance of his costume.

Also, who's the scientist and what lost city? K'un-Lun? Or something in NYC?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Longbaugh01 posted:

For a second I thought that was Danny with some semblance of his costume.

I actually did too.

I just finished Iron Fist (things kept getting in the way of me watching the last episode). I liked it, but it is definitely the weakest of the Netflix Marvel. The last episode absolutely felt like a strange bit of wrap up, but had some good moments. I liked that scene with the pictures, and I absolutely loved that final scene where it turns out that Danny absolutely did gently caress up by leaving his post like Davos kept telling him.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It was just so mediocre. Almost offensively so.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Longbaugh01 posted:

It was just so mediocre. Almost offensively so.

It's definitely the weakest and starts out pretty bad. But the last half is much better.

The drunken master fight, Hand trial, and every single scene with Harold Meachum are great.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It's definitely the weakest and starts out pretty bad. But the last half is much better.

The drunken master fight, Hand trial, and every single scene with Harold Meachum are great.

I didn't care about having a white dude play Iron Fist until I found out the drunken master originally auditioned for Danny Rand and now I feel cheated out of watching him for 13 episodes instead of 1.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Related Iron Fist :spergin:

What is the name/use for the double-sided scythe weapon that one guy in the Hand uses during the Trial episode?

I'm sure it is a real thing with historical use, but it seems so unwieldy, short-ranged, and slow compared to a simple sword or a spear.

What is the point of that? It is impossible to use in a stealthy ninja way, but it also seems that it would get you killed immediately on the battlefield against anyone with a bow, sword, or spear.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Related Iron Fist :spergin:

What is the name/use for the double-sided scythe weapon that one guy in the Hand uses during the Trial episode?

I'm sure it is a real thing with historical use, but it seems so unwieldy, short-ranged, and slow compared to a simple sword or a spear.

What is the point of that? It is impossible to use in a stealthy ninja way, but it also seems that it would get you killed immediately on the battlefield against anyone with a bow, sword, or spear.

A bunch of martial arts are disguised as just poo poo peasants did, so they could practice how to kill the rich without letting them know that's what they were doing. It's why capoeira looks like dancing. A scythe is a thing a farmer had a reason to own, unlike a sword, spear or bow.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Also, adapted from things peasants had on hand. Not only could you have one around without arousing suspicion, but you could MAKE one pretty easily.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Iron Fist scratched the martial arts itch I had as a kid. And I'm in the middle of a massive life turnaround in an attempt to get fit and healthy sooooo I decided to look up my sensei from my teenaged martial arts days and found out he'd died. So that kind of put the breaks on me taking up martial study again.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That Colleen Wing ad is amazing. I love that girl. When they fold Luke and Danny together, I want her to still play a prominent role.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

That Colleen Wing ad is amazing. I love that girl. When they fold Luke and Danny together, I want her to still play a prominent role.

Daughters of the Dragon, make it happen Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

Iron Fist scratched the martial arts itch I had as a kid. And I'm in the middle of a massive life turnaround in an attempt to get fit and healthy sooooo I decided to look up my sensei from my teenaged martial arts days and found out he'd died. So that kind of put the breaks on me taking up martial study again.

That sucks...

...but did he at least die trying to punch a dragon to death or something?