Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Haha this reading series is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

HMIC :lol:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm surprised Robby Soave got into museum reviews

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

incoherent posted:

Your chapo traphouse reading series writer for this week

Also this episode is fire.

This is the least surprising thing I've ever seen. Jesus, what a complete nerdlinger.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
i cant believe they dont talk about the black panther rapes in the black smithsonian, or even rosa parks getting robbed by a black guy

they just dont believe in transparency

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm with the dry boys, shut the gently caress up about Audie Murphy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

steakmancer posted:

i cant believe they dont talk about the black panther rapes in the black smithsonian, or even rosa parks getting robbed by a black guy

they just dont believe in transparency

It's hosed up that the African American History Museum only says black people are good, when lots of people believe black people are bad. Why doesn't the African American History Museum tell both sides of the story?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

How come Audie Murphy gets to wear a red leather vest and call people gay slurs?!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

tbh i can't get enough of him.

he's the guy who got cyborgified into robocop, right?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah there's never any mention of how hosed up he was by having to kill dozens of enemy soldiers, and how he slept with a loaded gun under his pillow every night.

Also that Alex Jones opening was loving epic. The best part IMO was the closing with all the plugs for DNA pills.

... I won't lie, I was expecting him to take the low-hanging fruit and say the pills give you an extra chromosome, but I guess they're not as cruel as I am.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

he has to be some kind of ghost in the machine, a digital intelligence that coalesced from the collective ID of Liberal Twitter.

The La-Lib-Lu-Le-Lo?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
new PissPigGranddad article is up

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/brace-belden-pisspiggranddad-syria-isis.html

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"Meet the Press for the dirtbag left"

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Holy poo poo, this Nerdlinger reading series was crazy and stupid enough before he started going in on the Holocaust museum.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I was v. uncomfortable with the raised fists and gangster rap music, couldn't they have devoted more displays to Wayne Brady and Bryant Gumble?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/EliLake/status/848902200374026240

https://twitter.com/davidwakeman/status/848324239476314113

Bonus annoying Eli Lake tweet:

https://twitter.com/EliLake/status/848550259202588674

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if the 9/11 museum was brave they'd have a whole wing devoted to explaining how it was actually a missile shot by an Israeli stealth plane that did the damage

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

if the 9/11 museum was brave they'd have a whole wing devoted to explaining how it was actually a missile shot by an Israeli stealth plane that did the damage

and a video wall displaying tribute.avi

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
this episode was great but holy poo poo that DNC resignation letter thing being harped on was so annoying. It's super common for this stuff to go down and the only thing Perez did was kinda bump the time frame up more instead of dragging it out. All those lanyard retards knew 100% that this was coming.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Might be the first reading series which actually made me more angry then amused. What a loving lil bitch.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

sexpig by night posted:

this episode was great but holy poo poo that DNC resignation letter thing being harped on was so annoying. It's super common for this stuff to go down and the only thing Perez did was kinda bump the time frame up more instead of dragging it out. All those lanyard retards knew 100% that this was coming.

I kinda had the same problem. The party does enough stupid poo poo that zeroing in on meaningless stuff like this at length is grating to listen to. At a certain point it's less about the many real and legitimate criticisms and more about ax grinding

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
We're never going to have single payer healthcare in the US

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

steakmancer posted:

"the 'verse is full of middle men, and they don't like being cut out."
-captian kirk in farscape or whatever

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

Might be the first reading series which actually made me more angry than amused. What a loving lil bitch.

:agreed: There is no reason what so ever to go to the Black history museum and tear it down unless you're an actual white supremacist. You're an absolute shitheel if you are one igi, but gutting it "objectively" is loving obscene.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Why couldn't these minorities be happy with the 3 foot wide display at the normal history museum

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

steakmancer posted:

They will replace the Supreme Court with the animatronic band from Chuck E. Cheese before they would ever institute single payer.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Well it's so popular that they had to institute a ticketing system, so he's already on the wrong side of history. So to speak.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Why couldn't these minorities be happy with the 3 foot wide display at the normal history museum

all history should be in one big museum marked AMERICAN MUSEUM, it will be on the back of a semi truck and travel the country 24/7. There will be one small display for literally every group in America and every time period. You'll go from "ENGLAND A DICK" to "ENGLAND OUR FRIEND" to "NAZIS? WHAAAA?" to "ALSO THE BLACKS WERE HERE"

it will cost five hundred dollars a ticket and sell out at trump rallies

this is my dream gentlemen

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004
Don't you already have single payer healthcare except it's only for some people? Medicare/medicaid? Just expand it, dummy, it's easy

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder how apoplectic jay nerdlinger got when colonial williamsburg added slaves to the living history program

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Saerdna posted:

Don't you already have single payer healthcare except it's only for some people? Medicare/medicaid? Just expand it, dummy, it's easy

Nah you see that would help those people who just work a lil bit. We can't support those people.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Saerdna posted:

That's what normal people want but there's a handful of rich fucks paying off our politicians and running disinformation campaigns to make sure it doesn't happen. God bless this mess.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Breadallelogram posted:

That's what normal people want but there's a handful of rich fucks paying off our politicians and running disinformation campaigns to make sure it doesn't happen. God bless this mess.

also it'd still be ridiculously expensive unless we moved away from fee-for-service and let cms negotiate drug prices

so basically full nationalization of the healthcare industry

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

This sounds like the best birthday ever
https://twitter.com/DougHenwood/status/848917623282728961

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

oh man PPG isn't my favorite dude but this is my favorite thing I've read in a while regardless

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Especially in context with the reading series, I kept waiting for one of them to bring up race with respect to health care and how previous efforts to have national healthcare foundered on the rocks of segregation. They came close when they talked about tying health care to work was a placeholder of the value of a person and that surprise that worth is deeply tied to skin color in this country.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
They indicated that they're going to have a healthcare focused episode soon.

Also, everything political in America is essentially about race.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

sexpig by night posted:

all history should be in one big museum marked AMERICAN MUSEUM, it will be on the back of a semi truck and travel the country 24/7. There will be one small display for literally every group in America and every time period. You'll go from "ENGLAND A DICK" to "ENGLAND OUR FRIEND" to "NAZIS? WHAAAA?" to "ALSO THE BLACKS WERE HERE"

it will cost five hundred dollars a ticket and sell out at trump rallies

this is my dream gentlemen

Your wish is granted, but for a Leftist viewpoint (typical Genie twist).
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD8217FD2EE6CEB23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEUh4FZIf8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlyakXxyk6U

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The only True American museums are air and space and Cooperstown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/849499190426259457
A lot going on in this screencap, as they say