Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think it would be better if Steph and HHH just rocked the lame biker gear all the time, since that's apparently "the real them" and its more visually appealing than boring suits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

wouldn't it be weird if roman started barking like a dog and became a dog

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Is HHH a biker in real life? I don't really catch interviews with him so I don't know what the dudes hobbies are.

It's always cool to find out what some of these guys and gals are like away from the sport.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i enjoyed wrestlemania for the most part. thought the citrus bowl looked really cool. i don't like that roman retired undertaker, but really the thing that annoyed me the most about it was how lame the ending sequence was. he just looked like he didn't give a gently caress when he ran the ropes and hit the spear, and then he just looked completely bored and checked out when he pinned him and left the ring. like it just took you 5 spears or whatever to beat the god drat undertaker in the main event of wrestlemania and it looked like he was daydreaming about going to the dentist.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Is HHH a biker in real life? I don't really catch interviews with him so I don't know what the dudes hobbies are.

It's always cool to find out what some of these guys and gals are like away from the sport.

he's not really a biker he's just an old man that never stopped loving leather and denim and motorhead

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

~~xXxMONDAYNIGHTRAWPREVIEWLIVEONUSAxXx~~

HHH and Stephanie McMahon kick off Raw and come out wearing JNCOs and pierced eyebrows! Will the Brain Assassin call out Seth Rollins for a rematch?

Roman Reigns, fresh off his victory over The Undertaker, will take a giant poo poo, LIVE on Monday Night Raw, declaring once and for all that the ring is definitively his yard!

The Hardy Boyz, after an incredible return and victory, will dance their tails off and wear see-through shirts and lead the crowd into a rave remix of the Chicken Dance! Will The Club come out to put a stop to their celebration?

Tonight's Main Event is Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg in an Iron Man Match! Will Goldberg survive Suplex City for 60 minutes?

That's tonight in Orlando, FL! MONDAY! NIGHT! RAW!

I don't believe this.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I figured as much. He's really missing a golden opportunity to take that to the real world. Just the Cerebral Assassin and the open road...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i enjoyed wrestlemania for the most part. thought the citrus bowl looked really cool. i don't like that roman retired undertaker, but really the thing that annoyed me the most about it was how lame the ending sequence was. he just looked like he didn't give a gently caress when he ran the ropes and hit the spear, and then he just looked completely bored and checked out when he pinned him and left the ring. like it just took you 5 spears or whatever to beat the god drat undertaker in the main event of wrestlemania and it looked like he was daydreaming about going to the dentist.

I don't blame him for looking checked out. Getting booed for a full half hour by that point, he probably did just want to get the gently caress out of dodge

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a.lo posted:

that'd be good.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

~~xXxMONDAYNIGHTRAWPREVIEWLIVEONUSAxXx~~

HHH and Stephanie McMahon kick off Raw and come out wearing JNCOs and pierced eyebrows! Will the Brain Assassin call out Seth Rollins for a rematch?

Roman Reigns, fresh off his victory over The Undertaker, will take a giant poo poo, LIVE on Monday Night Raw, declaring once and for all that the ring is definitively his yard!

The Hardy Boyz, after an incredible return and victory, will dance their tails off and wear see-through shirts and lead the crowd into a rave remix of the Chicken Dance! Will The Club come out to put a stop to their celebration?

Tonight's Main Event is Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg in an Iron Man Match! Will Goldberg survive Suplex City for 60 minutes?

That's tonight in Orlando, FL! MONDAY! NIGHT! RAW!
source?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dear Jesus and his friends,

Please make Raw actually good tonight. I mean, you can't even spell Raw with an A...which means A-Show. Get it Jesus?

Seriously, this is the time to start fresh and make this poo poo actually good. It's in your hands now.

Signed, me

PS: Some pretty cool debuts or re-debuts would be kinda cool.

:ohdear:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Roman's new revamped gimmick: Pubic Wig Salesman

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Bill Goldberg posted:

he's not really a biker he's just an old man that never stopped loving leather and denim and motorhead

i think he's more of a leather daddy

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh it's happening. How else do you mark your territory, specifically if you're a big dog?

poo poo checks out man.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

also i wonder if there is some objective evidence that roman reigns is as huge of a draw and makes as much money for the company as wwe acts like he does. i mean you can look at network subs and ppv buys and theoretically say "well, roman is the top guy, must all be because of him" but that is just an assumption and as big of a company as wwe is, you would think there might be something more solid than that.

then again that's probably putting way too much faith in a wrestling company, even if it is the biggest one of all time.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Bill Goldberg posted:

i think it would be better if Steph and HHH just rocked the lame biker gear all the time, since that's apparently "the real them" and its more visually appealing than boring suits

I too support Steph in leather pants, without a mic, and being launched through tables.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't know how anyone can cheer for holocaust denier Roman Reigns.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

So is Nakamura debuting in the third hour or

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Erebus posted:

Smackdown doesn't have a 3rd hour

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Erebus posted:

Nakamura and Balor are going to use... let me check my notes... fusion earrings? And become GoBalormura. And completely wreck house on the entire Raw roster.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't know how anyone can cheer for holocaust denier Roman Reigns.

"fine, you guys want the holocaust to be real so badly, i'll show you a real holocaust..."

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Heavy Metal posted:

Nakamura and Balor are going to use... let me check my notes... fusion earrings? And become GoBalormura. And completely wreck house on the entire Raw roster.

If fusions are on the table, I want Asuka and Ramp Snake as some kind of naga that can meld into floors.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mulaney Power Move posted:

also i wonder if there is some objective evidence that roman reigns is as huge of a draw and makes as much money for the company as wwe acts like he does. i mean you can look at network subs and ppv buys and theoretically say "well, roman is the top guy, must all be because of him" but that is just an assumption and as big of a company as wwe is, you would think there might be something more solid than that.

then again that's probably putting way too much faith in a wrestling company, even if it is the biggest one of all time.

I bet there is. I mean, from a standpoint of Top 5 merchandise movers from Full Time performers, who would those be? Y'all going to events lately would probably be able to answer this a little better?

I'd say it goes:

1) Roman
2) New Day
3) ?
4) ?
5) ?

Is Bayley top mercy mover for the women? I'd be curious of some opinions or thoughts here.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I bet there is. I mean, from a standpoint of Top 5 merchandise movers from Full Time performers, who would those be? Y'all going to events lately would probably be able to answer this a little better?

I'd say it goes:

1) Roman
2) New Day
3) ?
4) ?
5) ?

Is Bayley top mercy mover for the women? I'd be curious of some opinions or thoughts here.

I see more 50-year olds in hugger shirts than any-year olds in sheamus shirts.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I kind of want Harper to be a mega star now just so they can try to sell tank tops for $27.95

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

a.lo posted:

I like it but it needs more. What if he can smell crime?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'd say it goes:

1) Roman
2) New Day
3) ?
4) ?
5) ?

Bellas are easily the #1 merch mover among women.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bill Goldberg posted:

"fine, you guys want the holocaust to be real so badly, i'll show you a real holocaust..."

lol man, that botch is completely on Roman. Drops Taker, then THE POWERHOUSE can't even lift him up again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also several times I felt like JR was totally unenthused and off his game and I had to stop and remind myself that there's a pretty loving good reason for that. :smith:

well yeah he was watching the roman/taker match

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'd say it goes:

1) Roman
2) New Day
3) ?
4) ?
5) ?

According to Meltzer the Raw Bayley main evented had a historic drop off in female viewers. She is only a draw to nerdy old men, who try to justify their love by saying they like that she is a positive role model to young girls or something when there is no evidence that young girls actually like her

Similar to the huge male following for My Little Pony, now that I think about it

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holy poo poo lol. That's awesome.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

But Izzy

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
bayley was always bad, and also, ugly

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

bow wow

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is 9 pages too late but I just wanted to say this is the greatest achievement in all of human history.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

According to Meltzer the Raw Bayley main evented had a historic drop off in female viewers. She is only a draw to nerdy old men, who try to justify their love by saying they like that she is a positive role model to young girls or something when there is no evidence that young girls actually like her

Similar to the huge male following for My Little Pony, now that I think about it

I don't know what the gender and age figures for WWE are, but I never really imagined WWE appealing to young girls. When I was in school during the attitude era it was always a boys only thing. Obviously the product has changed a lot since then but it still comes across as something that would only appeal towards young boys. Guessing Bayley could therefore turn off older girls from the product, and she's appealing to a demographic that might not exist.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gonz posted:

Roman's new revamped gimmick: Pubic Wig Salesman
So he steals Taker's powers, and decides to become the Merkin Badass?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

How could they legitimately keep track of that?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

How could they legitimately keep track of that?

They've been tracking viewing demographics for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In terms of merch for full-timers, I'd be shocked if Owens wasn't second.

• Locked thread