Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

Bacon isn't that great anyway, especially not the cheap grocery store sliced bacon most people buy. There's a ton of meat products that taste better.

Look at rich uncle Moneybags over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Chocolate is the loving worst one. Yeah no poo poo there's better chocolate out there. Thanks for enlightening me about the existence of high quality chocolate there Anthony Bourdain, now gently caress off and let me eat a loving snickers on my lunch break.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Jestery posted:

Does epic meal time count as AUG.
https://youtu.be/7Xc5wIpUenQ

On a primal level I just find their content abhorrent.

Pretentious, wasteful and a perfect example of lovely white person culture.

" You won't believe what we do with 10kg of ground beef" I already do

chitoryu12 posted:

Bacon isn't that great anyway, especially not the cheap grocery store sliced bacon most people buy. There's a ton of meat products that taste better.

I love this website.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mad Hamish posted:

I blame Epic Meal Time for the bacon on everything trend. I feel the bacon on everything thing is this weird food-related performative masculinity, cargo-cult manliness in which one's status as a man relies on an obsession with an unhealthy pork product.

I blame Adkins

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

purple death ray posted:

Chocolate is the loving worst one. Yeah no poo poo there's better chocolate out there. Thanks for enlightening me about the existence of high quality chocolate there Anthony Bourdain, now gently caress off and let me eat a loving snickers on my lunch break.

I like Snickers. :colbert: gently caress y'all

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

purple death ray posted:

You don't understand, if they don't tell you that your food is poo poo and theirs is great then how are you supposed to know that they're smarter and have a bigger cock than you?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wow happy Monday to you too, guys.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

purple death ray posted:

Even Bourdain isn't so full of himself that he can't enjoy himself some Waffle House

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or they wanted to share a relatively cheap and enjoyable hobby that makes an everyday comfort food more interesting with people who might not be aware of it

I'm sorry, I won't do it again

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Data Graham posted:

Or they wanted to share a relatively cheap and enjoyable hobby that makes an everyday comfort food more interesting with people who might not be aware of it

We've all learned something today.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Data Graham posted:

If you really want to introduce someone to your fancy snacks, wait til their birthday or like christmas or something and just get them a little goody basket, or, more casually, offer them a chunk of whatever you're enjoying and if they like it, they'll be like "hey thanks for introducing me to that thing," because gifts are nice and random lectures about snacks are not nice.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's what I do at work, I get delivery assortments for the office to share. Usually goes over pretty well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I constantly scoff at my coworkers when they eat Jimmy Johns or some other swill-tier sandwich instead of ordering a Bari's Italian sub and paying a courier to deliver it to them. The other day I picked up a footlong Subway sandwich my coworker was eating in the break room, tore it up with my bare hands, and threw it directly into the garbage can in front of him and all the other employees. I told him how good Bari's subs were and if he wasn't going to respect himself enough to order one, then I wasn't going to respect him either. The other employees in the break room carried me out on their shoulders and my boss saw the whole thing and started clapping and promoted me right then and there.

Bari's Italian subs are really good.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Now I'm hungry for an Italian sub.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Heath posted:

Water and tea are the best, although tea will make you piss a lot.

I gradually made the transition to plain tea and water at work and I wasn't sure if the tea was hindering me at all so it's good to know it isn't :) I transitioned off of sugar with stevia, then honey, then nothing. Ive been drinking it straight for a while now. I prefer sweeter, dessert flavored teas but those are usually flavored with cocoa powder/beans, or dried fruits.

Someone else also mentioned short walks every few hours at work and that's another thing I've been doing but didn't know if it amounted to anything really beneficial. I know that any extra effort will burn additional calories but I wasn't sure if it really amounted to squat.

Anyways, here's my aug contribution. I can't remember if I posted it before or not

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just don't drink canned or bottled tea, ever.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

CeramicPig posted:

Anyways, here's my aug contribution. I can't remember if I posted it before or not

No neon relish, no sport peppers, can't tell if there's celery salt, 3/10 would probably eat hung over.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

CeramicPig posted:

I gradually made the transition to plain tea and water at work and I wasn't sure if the tea was hindering me at all so it's good to know it isn't :) I transitioned off of sugar with stevia, then honey, then nothing. Ive been drinking it straight for a while now. I prefer sweeter, dessert flavored teas but those are usually flavored with cocoa powder/beans, or dried fruits.

Someone else also mentioned short walks every few hours at work and that's another thing I've been doing but didn't know if it amounted to anything really beneficial. I know that any extra effort will burn additional calories but I wasn't sure if it really amounted to squat.

Eh, Chicago style dogs are already garbage so it's not like you can make them worse. :shrug:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Glazier posted:

Eh, Chicago style dogs are already garbage so it's not like you can make them worse. :shrug:

I don't think I've ever seen an opinion this wrong.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

whiteyfats posted:

Look at rich uncle Moneybags over here.

It's more that "bacon" as people typically mean isn't that great? When you see Epic Meal Time wrapping everything in fifteen layers of the stuff, it's not like they're buying good pork belly or something. It's these thin strips that just make it generically meatier and saltier. I'm pretty sure some of their concoctions in practice will just be overwhelmingly savory, like you can only eat a few bites before getting sick of it.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CeramicPig posted:

Are those ketchup Cheetos? I didn't know those existed.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Who What Now posted:

You don't understand, if they don't tell you that your food is poo poo and theirs is great then how are you supposed to know that they're smarter and have a bigger cock than you?

Ask my mom?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

RatHat posted:

Are those ketchup Cheetos? I didn't know those existed.

Please tell me you haven't missed out on Flamin' Hot Cheetos (which are delicious and also used in poo poo-tons of AFP)

https://www.google.com/search?q=fla...iw=1280&bih=800

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah that'd probably be because I live in Canada. We don't get a lot of the US flavors over here.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Scathach posted:

Please tell me you haven't missed out on Flamin' Hot Cheetos (which are delicious and also used in poo poo-tons of AFP)

https://www.google.com/search?q=fla...iw=1280&bih=800

I was expecting a link to the internet classic "Britney eats for two" which is what I always think of when I hear anything about flamin hot cheetos

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

SCA Enthusiast posted:

I don't think I've ever seen an opinion this wrong.

Chicago, the only city that could ruin pizza and hotdogs :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glazier posted:

Chicago, the only city that could ruin pizza and hotdogs :colbert:

How do you ruin pizza, when there are no rules?

Check and mate. :smugdog:

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

CeramicPig posted:

What is that sauce? And are the Cheetos supposed to replace the peppers??

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

purple death ray posted:

Unless you live with a bunch of health freaks, no one is saying you should only eat the finest Belgian chocolates. They more often than not are just sharing their totally insignificant opinion on a specific chocolate bar, to wit:

I don't get how someone can eat regular Hershey's and not taste bile. It's not some weird hyperbole, there is literally an additive in it that tastes sour. I don't care how snobbish it sounds, it's the only chocolate I've ever had that is worse than the prospect of not eating any chocolate at all. The cookies and cream version and the kisses taste OK for some reason.

American formula Cadburys is not very good but I got used to it after a while because I was tired of wasting my money on Lindt and Green & Black.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Unless you live with a bunch of health freaks, no one is saying you should only eat the finest Belgian chocolates. They more often than not are just sharing their totally insignificant opinion on a specific chocolate bar, to wit:

I don't get how someone can eat regular Hershey's and not taste bile. It's not some weird hyperbole, there is literally an additive in it that tastes sour. I don't care how snobbish it sounds, it's the only chocolate I've ever had that is worse than the prospect of not eating any chocolate at all. The cookies and cream version and the kisses taste OK for some reason.

American formula Cadburys is not very good but I got used to it after a while because I was tired of wasting my money on Lindt and Green & Black.

I like regular Hershey's. :colbert:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Jestery posted:

Don't get me wrong, I still go to the supermarket. Just I go to the fresh produce/deli section to get my bacon.

I don't like food that doesn't go off. Something about it is just gross

It's cured meat. By design, it's not supposed to go off easily.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lmao if you think that cooking and then eating several kilos of meat is extremely wasteful compared to producing literally any form of entertainment you can get on TV.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 23:30 on Apr 3, 2017

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

Weldon Pemberton posted:

I don't get how someone can eat regular Hershey's and not taste bile. It's not some weird hyperbole, there is literally an additive in it that tastes sour.

Butyric acid, supposedly. Literal vomit flavour :yum:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lol check out the rich kids with their Hershey bars

*eats chocolate egg left over from dollar store Easter basket, the foil only covers 78% of the candy and also it is September*

purple death ray has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Apr 3, 2017

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

monny posted:

Butyric acid, supposedly. Literal vomit flavour :yum:

They use it because americans got a taste for vomit flavoured chocolate because chocolate companies failed to keep their milk fresh. When they could americans didn't like the weird new chocolate that didn't taste like someone had already eaten it and puked it up.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
That skillet band looks like they all need a couple more minutes in the skillet.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Hershey's tastes like wax to me. It actually annoys me that Cadburys was bought by an American company.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Good god, just shove whatever sugary bullshit you like best in your fat gobs and move on with your day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Why are people defending eating bad food

• Locked thread