Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Watched the first episode of Alice & Zouroku. Story is reasonably interesting, lots of ways it can go. Character designs are very cute. I like the voice of the old man. The CG car scenes are bad but I can live with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
At this point bad CG cars are par for the course.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's... levels of badness though

or when he explicitly stopped the car, but the backgrounds kept moving

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/848598091049652230

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

there's... levels of badness though

or when he explicitly stopped the car, but the backgrounds kept moving

E: Wow, that looked even worse than I was expecting from that still shot.

Still Alice & Zoroku is a nice little thing. It's got an odd setup, but I think it has some potential.

In other news, I'm glad that Attack on Titan isn't gonna take its sweet time to address the elephant in the wall, but wow, those sure were some revelations to toss out within only a single episode right at the very beginning...

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 2, 2017

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Attack on Titan:
Is it just me or does the new Titan look an awful like like Ikari Gendo?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i liked the real janky scenes haha. anyone who's read the source material know how edgy alice gets later on? i enjoyed watching the first ep with a friend but he had suspicions it might go madoka.

also hah dang, when the first notes of the ED hit up I took a double take thinking it was kishi bashi

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 2, 2017

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Futaba Anzu posted:

i liked the real janky scenes haha. anyone who's read the source material know how edgy alice gets later on? i enjoyed watching the first ep with a friend but he had suspicions it might go madoka.

also hah dang, when the first notes of the ED hit up I took a double take thinking it was kishi bashi

Unscanlated, but the covers are nice. Doesn't seem like an edgy series from the covers anyways

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A River Runs Through It remake is coming along nicely.
https://twitter.com/comitiaofficial/status/848426964390092800

"She called it shadow casting"

I don't actually know what this picture is all about. I'd be down for a fly fishing SOL though.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm a little unsure about some of the supernatural bits in Alice&Zoroku, and the production values got pretty rough in spots, but other than that the first ep was a winner. Definitely gonna be back for more.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

A River Runs Through It remake is coming along nicely.
https://twitter.com/comitiaofficial/status/848426964390092800

"She called it shadow casting"

I don't actually know what this picture is all about. I'd be down for a fly fishing SOL though.

:same:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Laughing Salesman: I like the style of the opening, but the character designs in the actual stories (apart from the titular Moguzo) don't work well for me. The two stories in the first episode weren't anything amazing either, in general stories of hubris tend to be a bit too predictable. Giving it the 3-ep test but not amazingly impressed so far.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Wasn't a new episode of Granblue Fantasy supposed to come out yesterday? Not seeing it on Crunchyroll.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Jackard posted:

Wasn't a new episode of Granblue Fantasy supposed to come out yesterday? Not seeing it on Crunchyroll.

Previously, they showed the first two episodes in advance, the first episode just aired again, so nothing new yet. I didn't rewatch it to see if they improved anything

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

nielsm posted:

Laughing Salesman: I like the style of the opening, but the character designs in the actual stories (apart from the titular Moguzo) don't work well for me. The two stories in the first episode weren't anything amazing either, in general stories of hubris tend to be a bit too predictable. Giving it the 3-ep test but not amazingly impressed so far.

Pretty much the same for me, don't think I'll continue watching it. I was expecting something a bit more grim then "here's a magical bar where you can get drunk in the middle of the day with pretty ladies"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yowamushi Pedal got stupid

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i didn't know inflation was a fujoshi thing

RME
Feb 20, 2012

gbf anime didnt use djeeta so its bad anyways

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RME posted:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
AOT S2 chat got an animator talking about the state of the industry.

Spoiler: it bad.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Man, why can't I get paid for all the copying of twitter urls I do

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

Man, why can't I get paid for all the copying of twitter urls I do

Same

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wish New Laughing Salesman was good but its first episode was weak as hell compared to the original series. I'll be watching more for now tho, in hopes that it gets better because with this kind of show the quality can vary on a per episode basis.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Blhue posted:

Previously, they showed the first two episodes in advance, the first episode just aired again, so nothing new yet. I didn't rewatch it to see if they improved anything
Oh so theyre going to run a full season? Figured they were just doing some weird slow release thing like Ancient Magus Bride.

RME posted:

what's this

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Jackard posted:

Oh so theyre going to run a full season? Figured they were just doing some weird slow release thing like Ancient Magus Bride.

what's this

the game has male and female skins for the protagonist, the anime uses the lame male one instead of the female one

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Do they have different personalities/stories or are they faceless protags?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jackard posted:

what's this

The show is based on Granblue, a very popular mobage game. Djeeta is the Female Player Character, so I'm guessing they went with Gran, the Male Player Character, as the protagonist.

Compare:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The latter

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Don't tell me the pink wearing female protagonist is called Blue.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
no. she's named djeeta.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Vedjeeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ehh maybe they'll have her show up as a cameo

The Colonel posted:

no. she's named djeeta.
:ccp:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Laughing Salesman is like a weird surrealist version of Hell Girl.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Fangz posted:

Don't tell me the pink wearing female protagonist is called Blue.
Gran is Blue

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Both the protagonist names come from Guranburū Fantajī, with Guran->Gran being taken from the front and Jīta->Djeeta from the tail end.

Julias posted:

Compare:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

well arent those just the silliest hats

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Post the wrestler class

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I played that for like 5 minutes & picked the boy

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Terper posted:

Vedjeeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?!

Twitter constantly translates "Djeeta" as "Vegeta" which is kind of amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Everything Burrito posted:

I played that for like 5 minutes & picked the boy

You can actually freely swap between being a boy and a girl on the main menu. It's good, and there's tons of gag comics based on this fact.

• Locked thread