Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Man Roman Reigns loving sucks and it sucks that Taker is retiring after such a poo poo match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I just hope the Hardys continue the broken gimmick somehow

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

it sucks that Taker is retiring after such a poo poo match

For some reason I am aware of this despite not watching a minute of wrestling in at least a decade. Did I read that he had hip surgery or something recently and just couldn't do the job anymore?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
No, he's been broken for years. However, the hip surgery was supposed to let him go on for a bit longer and it did the opposite.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I remember when Undertaker debuted back in the early 90's, so the idea that he was still wrestling now is just hilarious. He was born in 1965, he's older then Troy Aikman

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Anyone here ever done one of the float tanks?

Are you talking about those salt water float tanks? Yeah. It's an odd experience.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Why was aj styles fighting Shane McMahon

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I don't mean the storyline, I got that part.

I mean like, why do we exist in a world where aj styles fights Shane McMahon at wrestlemania

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Because he's a McMahon

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Are you talking about those salt water float tanks? Yeah. It's an odd experience.

Yeah. Trying to book an hour and a half next week

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

don't go insane from lack of stimulus

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Remember the nWo? That was cool for a year or two

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

That was probably the last time I watched wrestling, tbh. The Wolf Pack was fun to watch until it wasn't and then I had no desire to watch professional wrasslin' ever again.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

I stopped watching wrestling in the early 90's, but was super into conspiracy theory stuff in high school, so loved the NWO shirts. I've still got a super dogeared copy of Illuminatus! sitting on a shelf right next to me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

weird Asian candy posted:

That was probably the last time I watched wrestling, tbh. The Wolf Pack was fun to watch until it wasn't and then I had no desire to watch professional wrasslin' ever again.
I got into wrestling right at that time and it cemented me as a WCW kid.

I still have a Sting poster somewhere in storage

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I want to say it was on Netflix, I can't remember fully but there was some documentary about DDP and some yoga workout he was pimping where he brought in Scott Hall to rehabilitate or whatever. Scott Hall looked/looks like a loving train wreck. Kevin Nash looks like he aged pretty well but man it was sad to see Scott Hall look like that. Same with Jake the Snake.

Though I guess to be fair the fact that they are still alive should be worth something.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I got into wrestling right at that time and it cemented me as a WCW kid.

I still have a Sting poster somewhere in storage

It's so funny you mention Sting because thinking about the nWo led me to think about Sting I was just googling some of the old pictures and yeah, he was probably my favorite wrestler and I was a WCW kid as well.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Anyone here ever done one of the float tanks?

I have as part of a spa day. It's certainly an experience. Give it a try.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Definitely report back, I've been idly considering it for a while, sounds fun but I don't know anyone who tried it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

Definitely report back, I've been idly considering it for a while, sounds fun but I don't know anyone who tried it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't mean the storyline, I got that part.

I mean like, why do we exist in a world where aj styles fights Shane McMahon at wrestlemania
Because AJ Styles can have a great match with literally anyone. He could carry Ross to a 3 and a half star match. Genuinely the greatest living wrestler today.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The guy at the gym next to me is doing curls and overhead triceps extensions simultaneously. I'm not sure if I'm impressed or if I wanna laugh. It's so weird to see.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Can you pee in it?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

That's generally encouraged

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I disagree on a few points but no offense I don't think you're intelligent enough to discuss this. No offense tho. You understand me calling you stupid isn't meant to be mean right?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CyberPingu posted:

Had some really good sushi tonight. One of the chefs also remembered me and gave me 20% off the bill.

Sushi and baseball is a pretty good day today. Let's go the loving Seattle Mariners GOMS BITCH

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eli Wiggum posted:

I disagree on a few points but no offense I don't think you're intelligent enough to discuss this. No offense tho. You understand me calling you stupid isn't meant to be mean right?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Spoeank posted:

The guy at the gym next to me is doing curls and overhead triceps extensions simultaneously. I'm not sure if I'm impressed or if I wanna laugh. It's so weird to see.

super sets bruh

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I love muscle, both building and admiring it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

super sets bruh

But it was left arm curlz right arm overheads. Then he took a normal rest. He didn't really save any time though and almost hit himself in the head doing it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I love muscle, both building and admiring it

Spoeank posted:

But it was left arm curlz right arm overheads. Then he took a normal rest. He didn't really save any time though and almost hit himself in the head doing it

That is weird

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah thats pretty loving odd.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Sounds like a Bay Area bro!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

You truly are one of the most interesting people in this forum. I'm either curious as hell or laughing my rear end off at every one of your posts. Goddamn.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
So I might get kicked out of "Catholic school". The course my future wife and I are taking just had its contraception lesson which was met with me pointing out every single inaccuracy and deception presented. Like if you want to say no to birth control, cool. Just don't loving lie to me about the science behind it. I am fine with Natural Family Planning (Rythm method) being you first and only choice, but don't try to deceive me about how birth control works or the science behind it. I don't look to the bible on how best to remove the appendix, and you shouldn't come to me about the parables of the bible. Just stay in your own lane and we won't have a problem.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hope you ended your promo with IF YA SMELL

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

So I might get kicked out of "Catholic school". The course my future wife and I are taking just had its contraception lesson which was met with me pointing out every single inaccuracy and deception presented. Like if you want to say no to birth control, cool. Just don't loving lie to me about the science behind it. I am fine with Natural Family Planning (Rythm method) being you first and only choice, but don't try to deceive me about how birth control works or the science behind it. I don't look to the bible on how best to remove the appendix, and you shouldn't come to me about the parables of the bible. Just stay in your own lane and we won't have a problem.

:lol: this is fantastic.

But I'm still going to spin it as "you're too dumb to pass Sunday school".

Edit

I'm really tempted to share it in the Quotes thread, but I also don't want to put any of your personal stuff there.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

swickles posted:

Martin Luther that poo poo and nail a list of every way they're wrong to their front door

e. poo poo, I wonder if I have my Catholic Sexual Ethics uni course notes anywhere

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 4, 2017

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Honestly, and I am going to be real vulnerable with you here, the course has been really good so far. It uses stories and parables of the bible to talk about the importance of husband and wife and loyalty and all that jazz. My wife grew up in a rather progressive parish, that never saw things in terms of black and white and used religion to celebrate love for each other and as a way to help out those less fortunate than we are. Meanwhile, when my mother was taking care of an infant me and a paraplegic brain damaged husband from an accident, basically told her to gently caress off until she could "donate" appropriately and that skipping church to care for either of us was a mortal sin, she had zero help from the church. My experience with the church has been hypocrisy and downright awfulness so I said gently caress em. When I met my fiancee and learned about her church, it was a little before the current Pope was elected. Between a progressive Pope, and visiting her church, which emphasized love and kindness, I was on board with the whole Catholic thing. I already volunteer my time with a Catholic charity (by chance really) to give medical care to the underserved. I know I will never be a "born again" or a "true believer" but I can get behind the messages of tolerance, love, and service. And then they just pulled the loving rug out from underneath me. Like I said before, I am fine with you saying that contraception is bad. I follow the argument and it is valid (from a philosophical definition of valid which is that the conclusion is derived from the premises). That said, you have won over your audience. The only thing you have to gain by lying about the facts is to hopefully mislead others into your philosophy and that is where I draw a line. Its ironic that this class is set in the environment of "fake news" because this is a perfect example. No, the pill doesn't cause an abortion. the guy literally flat out lied about the "facts" he was claiming. I have gone on long enough, but my main point is this: You were bad to me and my family in the past. Because of my love for my future wife, I have given you a second chance. I am not asking you to meet me halfway, I am asking you do be honest and not deceptive, that is all. Is that really that difficult do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
tl;dr

• Locked thread