Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

instead of worrying about whether or not x or y is good allyship, or trying to win wars of words on the internet, or having woker than thou conversations, i think it would be cool and good if we did poo poo that measurably improves the lives of marginalized people on a structural level

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

instead of worrying about whether or not x or y is good allyship, or trying to win wars of words on the internet, or having woker than thou conversations, i think it would be cool and good if we did poo poo that measurably improves the lives of marginalized people on a structural level

but that would be hard and not make them feel like either victims or superior. so no.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OK but how can I tie that into my consumption of media?

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Not a hashtag, didn't read.

(Yeah you're right, give money to charity/volunteer and vote.)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
tbf it can be pretty hard to give money to charity or volunteer a meaningful amount of time if you're poor yourself, working multiple jobs, mentally ill and self-medicating with drugs/alcohol, etc, which a lot of millennials are

posting about brands, and complaining about people posting about brands, is much more accessible

the trump tutelage posted:

Like I'm trying to imagine the nightmare scenario these people are envisioning -- Bernie Sanders sells out trans people in exchange for a medicare expansion? Maybe similar things have happened in the past but it's not a given that they must happen in the future. Finding the broadest common interest seems like best way to mobilize a coalition that can actually stand up to the Right.

it's absolutely not a paranoid thing, especially for numerically marginalized groups like trans and muslim americans - i.e. people who don't count for many votes - to worry about being thrown under the bus in the name of a broader populist agenda

but yeah there's no guarantee it would happen, and also, uh... the american right is already aggressively trying to legislate transpeople back into the closet and find pretenses to deport or kill all muslims so it's kind of unreasonable to imagine a world where a left populist movement spearheaded by people like sanders who probably have more of a sincere commitment to social justice than most party leadership would end up making things worse in that regard

there's really nowhere for trans rights in the worst states to move but up, short of reeducation and death camps

Baku has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Apr 3, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

wizard on a water slide posted:

but yeah there's no guarantee it would happen, and also, uh... the american right is already aggressively trying to legislate transpeople back into the closet and find pretenses to deport or kill all muslims so it's kind of unreasonable to imagine a world where a left populist movement spearheaded by people like sanders who probably have more of a sincere commitment to social justice than most party leadership would end up making things worse in that regard

there's really nowhere for trans rights in the worst states to move but up, short of reeducation and death camps

If (sadly) anything? The Clinton/Obama/Neoliberal record in regards to women, minorities, muslims, and LGBT has been pretty bad. I mean if you're in a position of economic privilege? You're perfectly fine, and the problems caused by them going full right wing didn't really touch you.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i forgot about that dickhead. i assume the christian right is still acting like trump is their christ returned.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
from a christian perspective, didn't god technically invent everything

is twitter god's fault

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

tbf it can be pretty hard to give money to charity or volunteer a meaningful amount of time if you're poor yourself, working multiple jobs, mentally ill and self-medicating with drugs/alcohol, etc, which a lot of millennials are

posting about brands, and complaining about people posting about brands, is much more accessible

it's absolutely not a paranoid thing, especially for numerically marginalized groups like trans and muslim americans - i.e. people who don't count for many votes - to worry about being thrown under the bus in the name of a broader populist agenda

Kill all muslims? Are you serious or comically over reaching here?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

oh poo poo yeah, sorry. i'm privileged enough as an older snake person millenial that I have the time and money to do activism in order to avoid reckoning with my mental illness. thanks for the reality check. <3

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

This guy owns

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This thread has a ton of new posts I wonder if Disney or Goldman Sachs or w/e did something really fu:yikes:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This thread has a ton of new posts I wonder if Disney or Goldman Sachs or w/e did something really fu:yikes:

We've reached the part of the thread cycle where we turn into the liberal tears thread.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

is twitter god's fault

God invented butts, so by extension God invented Butt Stuff

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

lmao

Crane Fist posted:

This guy owns

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love how plaintive he sounds

Come ooon give it baaack, quit hogging the rainbow it's not even yours

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Woke dogs:

https://theawl.com/has-big-dogs-joined-the-resistance-b6c8379144fa

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
On yet another shirt, a bartending dog appears to take credit for the death of Osama Bin Laden.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

is twitter god's fault

He also invented gays and hasnt smited them for using the rainbow so he must be cool with it :shrug:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

has-big-dogs-joined-the-resistance

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I think we need a Big Dog photoshop thread for CSPAM.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

that's american as gently caress!!!!!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Edit: wrong thread.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 22:32 on Apr 3, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

why should I be mad at any of this. what does this have to do with woke brands

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

"It's his. He Invented it. Gen. 9:11-17. Give it back."

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Minge Binge posted:

"It's his. He Invented it. Gen. 9:11-17. Give it back."

I knew his tone/wording reminded me of something, I just couldn't remember it.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Listen pal, America deserved 9/11!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

seriously wanna buy this shirt:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/849336359928172544

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Why all of a sudden?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Why all of a sudden?

sexual harassment lawsuit.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

an actual dog posted:

sexual harassment lawsuit.

Did somebody sue him for writhng those sex scenes? Should have happened ages ago.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/KrisJenner/status/849341537939058690

I lov pepsi

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Fox is thought to have spent approximately 13 million on settling O'Reilly related sexual harassment lawsuits from five different women and this is hitting the news right after their long-time chairman Roger Ailes had to step down over multiple allegations of sexual harassment. This is hardly "all of a sudden", it's more like the pressure has built for so long that the dam is starting to break.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/FBI/status/849321344592470018

I'm counting this.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

holy poo poo that commercial is insane

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Why can't the Israelis and Palestinians just drink a bepsi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I wouldn't.

It's more like showing off a mounted buck's head to your hunting buddies.