Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol jesus. i know its a lovely /pol/ meme, but why are most the woke types just dorky or scraggly white dudes with "problem glasses" and a punchable face.

MadTV of all things had a skit that nailed these type of people:...back in 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRj0-7sjE1Y&t=3m55s

(Bonus: Keegan-Michael Key is featured! I would not be shocked if he helped write this skit to boot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

MadTV of all things had a skit that nailed these type of people:...back in 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRj0-7sjE1Y&t=3m55s

(Bonus: Keegan-Michael Key is featured! I would not be shocked if he helped write this skit to boot).

i mean they always existed. but it seems like there are just a ton of them online now a days. everyone wants to be a Woke social critic with black rimmed glasses and lots "wit".

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

passionate dongs posted:

if you want to critique postmodernism, tell your closest postmodernist that donald trump is president

:wrong: trump is the apotheosis of postmodernity

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol jesus. i know its a lovely /pol/ meme, but why are most the woke types just dorky or scraggly white dudes with "problem glasses" and a punchable face. they are just a dorky and dumb looking as the alt right dickheads.

they think being woke will get them laid?? idk

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Zas posted:

:wrong: trump is the apotheosis of postmodernity

the trump tutelage posted:

*argues for decades that truth doesn’t exist in any objective sense but is created rather than discovered*
*cannot comprehend Trump's victory*

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol jesus. i know its a lovely /pol/ meme, but why are most the woke types just dorky or scraggly white dudes with "problem glasses" and a punchable face. they are just a dorky and dumb looking as the alt right dickheads.

errRR for the exact same reasons as the alt-right guys

1) the more time you spend arguing about politics on the internet, blogging, etc the less time you have to do things like socialize and exercise

2) radical politics of any sort appeal to people who feel alienated from the current system; our culture is incredibly image-conscious and superficial so radpol appeals to ugly people

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
also it's a bias thing bc you rarely hear from dumpy centrist liberals in ugly hats even tho they exist (why would you? that's the politics of most beautiful successful whites. why would you put an ugly dude in a bad hat on instead?)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the greatest con the clinton dems pulled was convincing enough morons that economic equality is for white men, the most well-off americans economically

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

you would be beefing at Danica Patrick on your twitter Lmao

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

the greatest con the clinton dems pulled was convincing enough morons that economic equality is for white men, the most well-off americans economically

It's a strategy to defer a lot of ideas that would help the poor and disenfranchised. It seems to echo the strategy I saw the GOP use to deny people healthcare, push a jobs bill through or to fund education

The GOP uses "How are you going to pay for it?", "BIG GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS!!"

Liberals use "How does this solve racism?", "How does this help black people?"

The truth is there's no political policy that can solve racism. To think that there will be some magic law or resolution to make some guy flying the stars and bars suddenly go "I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE. GIVE ME A HUG" is idiotic. It also doesn't focus on the system, but rather focus on individuals in a tribal aspect.

But I can guarantee you that minorities, along with pretty much everybody in the goddamn country would benefit from increased economic opportunities, access to education, ending the war on drugs, healthcare and an improved infrastructure. (Not to mention reform to the :911: justice system from the top down), I

But it winds up being tabled by those two groups as a result and everyone winds up with absolutely "dick" as a result. Oh well..I mean except Wall Street, Silicon Valley, Banks,, Big Pharma, Insurance Companies, Rich assholes and the Millitary Industrial Complex.

But these assholes get the satisfaction of being useful idiots for the political, business and media class in this country.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

you would be beefing at Danica Patrick on your twitter Lmao

Eh, it was mainly because she acted she had been involved in Cup and had experienced Martinsville for the longest time. Her background was mainly in road racing so I found that to be bullshit.

She wasn't bad when she was in the IRL FWIW. But she's making the bucks in Cup, so whatever.

If you legit wanna talk auto racing with me, go look up the IndyCar thread.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

xposting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtcPzet9Fnc
cnbc making fun of tom perez

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/848963557056278528

This whole Andy Richther twitter feed is neoliberalism.txt

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/848662678319116290

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/848963557056278528

This whole Andy Richther twitter feed is neoliberalism.txt

https://twitter.com/JohnSmithChgo/status/848914986609111040

Gonna have to stomp on these clowns hard in 2020 to stand a chance against Trump. They're starting to feel emboldened.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnSmithChgo/status/848914986609111040

Gonna have to stomp on these clowns hard in 2020 to stand a chance against Trump. They're starting to feel emboldened.

How do we shame these assholes btw? Asking sincerely.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol, jesus. doubling down on this kinda poo poo will kill us. no one gives a poo poo how much you scream about loving YA literature characters and how it equals current politics.

FuzzySkinner posted:

How do we shame these assholes btw? Asking sincerely.

you slowly box them out and let only sane ones or open minded ones in help you build a coalition.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 21:25 on Apr 3, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol, jesus.

you slowly box them out and let only sane ones or open minded ones in help you build a coalition.

Yeah I legit don't want anything to do with these types of people, Peter Dauo's.etc. We really need them to just go the gently caress away. They can go reform the GOP for all I care.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
honestly I think they'll box themselves out as the boomer politicians who founded their movement continue to retire and die

obviously there are younger bad dems and bad dem voters, but the overall demographics of aging for the party favor leftist change imo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeah I legit don't want anything to do with these types of people, Peter Dauo's.etc. We really need them to just go the gently caress away. They can go reform the GOP for all I care.

neither do I. but i am not really sure how you can box them all out at this point. plus there are few genuine lefties who still believe somewhat in their bullshit. you kinda have to let the ideals burn themselves out and then replace.

wizard on a water slide posted:

honestly I think they'll box themselves out as the boomer politicians who founded their movement continue to retire and die

obviously there are younger bad dems and bad dem voters, but the overall demographics of aging for the party favor leftist change imo

this. the thing that gives me hope is despite the alt right dickheads, most people my/about my age, are pretty left leaning economically as well as socialy. the GOP is hosed in the long run and they arnt gonna change fast enough to save them selves. the woke neoliberal stuff can't carry the dems forever either.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

mysterious frankie posted:

Arming the vulnerable against... our highly militarized police force who could basically run them over with tanks if they wanted to? The National Guard? Other "vulnerable" people who are now armed?

Serious questions, have you seen someone get shot? Or been woken up at night by someone firing a weapon, say, in the alley outside your apartment? What is your experience with guns and gunplay occurring the streets of your neighborhood?

Serious answers, I'm a gun guy who used to live in a poorer neighborhood, so yes to all of the above (except for the watching someone get shot one, I only saw the aftermath of that one). Arming minorities is a good thing.

It's honestly pretty loving weird that you compare what the ~thugs~ are doing in "streets of my neighborhood" to an explicitly political Black Panthers demonstration.

call to action has issued a correction as of 22:14 on Apr 3, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://archive.is/kYNTw

great, i am sure this will end well.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

call to action posted:

It's honestly pretty loving weird that you compare what the ~thugs~ are doing in "streets of my neighborhood" to an explicitly political Black Panthers demonstration.

I watched a kid get shot in the street when I was 15, you loving creep. Every example I used there was based on events that has happened in my life growing up in a south Chicago suburb on the way down, then living in lovely neighborhoods in Chicago when I was in my twenties; not Chiraq, regular lovely neighborhoods.

What's pretty loving weird is that you would contort this much to get to your "I'm not saying, I'm just saying" stealth racism edit.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

That poo poo tends to stop once the money starts drying up, yeah.

https://twitter.com/BroTeamPill/status/848966123102109696

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Nonsense posted:

Guns own you dullards.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Josh Fox making GBS threads on Chris Hayes for ambushing him and Susan Sarandon on his show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to-dnlRsUUU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

comedyblissoption posted:

Josh Fox making GBS threads on Chris Hayes for ambushing him and Susan Sarandon on his show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to-dnlRsUUU

are you jimmy dore irl or what dude this is literally all you post are you okay

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

what can i say he likes to mock liberals a lot

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. the thing that gives me hope is despite the alt right dickheads, most people my/about my age, are pretty left leaning economically as well as socialy. the GOP is hosed in the long run and they arnt gonna change fast enough to save them selves. the woke neoliberal stuff can't carry the dems forever either.

plus the alliance between the alt-right dickheads + libertarians who voted for trump and the evangelical christians + old middle-class whites who form the gop base is loving precarious too

the alt-right can barely even get along with each other; trump's been president for a couple months and has already done stuff that's made a lot of them lose their minds, and he's supposed to be "their guy"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BexGu posted:

That poo poo tends to stop once the money starts drying up, yeah.

https://twitter.com/BroTeamPill/status/848966123102109696

HAHAHAHAHAHA. nice, i saw that. the reason is because his critiques loving suck and he appeals to no one. he is way too genuinly left wing for the woke neoliberal types, but he is way too puritanical jack thompson type for the lefties. plus once he got fired/left, femfreq actually got good, because he has been writing most of their stuff and shadow writting their twitter and most of the dumb poo poo they have ever said came from him. feminists and wokes would rather listen to a women/racial/sexual/gender minority saying stuff then then some ex evangelical with poo poo beard who gets mad about video game violence and boobs like its 1999. the fact that he shouldn't have to work because people NEED to hear his lovely opinions on loving witcher or persona or him crying about royalty existing in final fantasy 15 is loving great. i guess the money has gotten dire enough that he actually has to define his beliefs.
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/848995968460705793

thankfully, jonny is loving zealot clown who will probably never go away because he thinks he is doing the lords work. so fun times still ahead. plus not many wokes apart from movie bob actually like him.

plus the alliance between the alt-right dickheads + libertarians who voted for trump and the evangelical christians + old middle-class whites who form the gop base is loving precarious too

the alt-right can barely even get along with each other; trump's been president for a couple months and has already done stuff that's made a lot of them lose their minds, and he's supposed to be "their guy"

yeah, pretty much. that shits never going to last. most sanish libertarians realize the alt right is loving nuts and trump is smooth brain idiot and its slowly dawning on some of the alt right that "daddy" doesnt give two fucks about them. its gonna collapse because the only common foundation is "lol liberals/lefties are cunts and evil." and mutual hatred doesnt make great long term partnerships.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

anime was right posted:

are you jimmy dore irl or what dude this is literally all you post are you okay

Jimmy Dore would have saved Air America.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

neither do I. but i am not really sure how you can box them all out at this point. plus there are few genuine lefties who still believe somewhat in their bullshit. you kinda have to let the ideals burn themselves out and then replace.

They just keep wanting to give the finger to the states that lost them the election. It's so surreal to watch. What I don't think they understand is that it wasn't even so much people in those states voting FOR Trump, but rather a mix of people voting against Neoliberalism, not voting for Hillary, or not voting at all because of a shere disgust towards their party's nominee.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

They just keep wanting to give the finger to the states that lost them the election. It's so surreal to watch. What I don't think they understand is that it wasn't even so much people in those states voting FOR Trump, but rather a mix of people voting against Neoliberalism, not voting for Hillary, or not voting at all because of a shere disgust towards their party's nominee.

like i get the anger at them(white poor,working class/blue collar people) i don't agree with it fully, but i can understand it. that being said, these idiots can't move beyond it.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

mysterious frankie posted:

I watched a kid get shot in the street when I was 15, you loving creep. Every example I used there was based on events that has happened in my life growing up in a south Chicago suburb on the way down, then living in lovely neighborhoods in Chicago when I was in my twenties; not Chiraq, regular lovely neighborhoods.

What's pretty loving weird is that you would contort this much to get to your "I'm not saying, I'm just saying" stealth racism edit.

Congratulations, I guess, for seeing the kid get shot versus just seeing the aftermath? Maybe if assholes like you weren't scrambling to disarm black people they wouldn't be facing so much loving racism today.

But keep trying to paint the guy explicitly calling for arming black people as the racist, friendo

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

call to action posted:

Congratulations, I guess, for seeing the kid get shot versus just seeing the aftermath? Maybe if assholes like you weren't scrambling to disarm black people they wouldn't be facing so much loving racism today.

But keep trying to paint the guy explicitly calling for arming black people as the racist, friendo

You tried raising a conversation from the dead that I bowed out of because I couldn't keep taking part without taking it personally, because of personal experiences, then when it didn't work you editied in a baiting comment inferring I'm racist. And now you're trying to diminish my life experiences and jumping to the conclusion that I am trying to take your guns away because I think armed actions are counterproductive to building a sustainable narrative that will appeal to anyone but a klatch of likeminded ideologues. Go gently caress yourself.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

like i get the anger at them(white poor,working class/blue collar people) i don't agree with it fully, but i can understand it. that being said, these idiots can't move beyond it.

I completely understand if someone who's black, lgbt, or something of that note has objections to the rural white, working class. I can't blame them for them that.

But I seem to notice a lot of white moderates who seem to pretend to care about racism, while living in millionaire dollar homes far, far, far away from the struggles of the middle and working class. They don't live in black neighborhoods, places like Flint, or places like Northeast Ohio who have been hard hit by tough economic times.

They have no interest in sweeping economic justice and justice reform in general. For them? They don't have to worry about a lot of the problems that the rest of the country has to worry about.

They really are frauds.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i guess the money has gotten dire enough that he actually has to define his beliefs.
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/848995968460705793

Those are all classically feminine traits. Is he secretly trying to destroy the distinction between femininity and masculinity, or does he not understand that they are meaningless if not conceived as opposing forces?

It's like he wants to say that men should embrace femininity but he knows how that would sound and so he is playing semantic games to have his cake and eat it too.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i like to call Hillary zealots "Norman Bates Democrats" because she is Mother to them, Mother can do no wrong, and everyone who stands in her way must be vanquished

this upcoming book from which this exceprt is taken is going to be their manifesto and we need to punch back hard

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I miss the days when also-rans were quickly forgotten. Even :mitt: was a distant memory after his loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

the trump tutelage posted:

Those are all classically feminine traits. Is he secretly trying to destroy the distinction between femininity and masculinity, or does he not understand that they are meaningless if not conceived as opposing forces?

It's like he wants to say that men should embrace femininity but he knows how that would sound and so he is playing semantic games to have his cake and eat it too.

There are a lot of ways to define a new masculinity. But it's hard within a "woke/sjw" framework because the definition needs to have some explicitly positive, assertive qualities to it to be meaningful but they find it hard to accept defining something as masculine doesn't mean defining the feminine as the opposite.

For instance, the suggestion that a man should be strong and brave can be interpreted as a suggestion that the feminine is weak and cowardly. Obviously, life is much more grey area than all of that and any good future definition of masculinity will be self-defining and not reliant on measuring itself against women in that kind of way. But, that can be hard to explain sometimes when the older attitudes are a long way from being stamped out.

• Locked thread