Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The look on her face seems appropriate for that quote from Herr Abetz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I mean... good job Abetz for figuring out bisexuals exist, that's a tough one for a lot of people.

Not even just bisexuals. People's preferences and situations can change over time. It's a nothing statement and I'm wondering what the gently caress he was trying to prove.

"All gays have the capacity to be straight, therefore why gay?" ???

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

MonoAus posted:

Not even just bisexuals. People's preferences and situations can change over time. It's a nothing statement and I'm wondering what the gently caress he was trying to prove.

He was just not answering the real question, as him flicking his head from side to side weirdly wasn't working for him.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
http://www.rba.gov.au/media-releases/2017/mr-17-07.html

quote:

Statement by Philip Lowe, Governor: Monetary Policy Decision Number2017-07 Date4 April 2017

At its meeting today, the Board decided to leave the cash rate unchanged at 1.50 per cent.

Conditions in the global economy have improved over recent months. Both global trade and industrial production have picked up. Labour markets have tightened in many countries. Above-trend growth is expected in a number of advanced economies, although uncertainties remain. In China, growth is being supported by higher spending on infrastructure and property construction. This composition of growth and the rapid increase in borrowing mean that the medium-term risks to Chinese growth remain. The improvement in the global economy has contributed to higher commodity prices, which are providing a significant boost to Australia’s national income.

Headline inflation rates have moved higher in most countries, partly reflecting the higher commodity prices. Core inflation remains low. Long-term bond yields are higher than last year, although in a historical context they remain low. Interest rates have increased in the United States and there is no longer an expectation of additional monetary easing in other major economies. Financial markets have been functioning effectively.

The Australian economy is continuing its transition following the end of the mining investment boom. Recent data are consistent with ongoing moderate growth. Most measures of business confidence are at, or above, average and non-mining business investment has risen over the past year. At the same time, some indicators of conditions in the labour market have softened recently. In particular, the unemployment rate has moved a little higher and employment growth is modest. The various forward-looking indicators still point to continued growth in employment over the period ahead. Wage growth remains slow.

The outlook continues to be supported by the low level of interest rates. Lenders have recently announced increases in mortgage rates, particularly those paid by investors. Financial institutions remain in a good position to lend. The depreciation of the exchange rate since 2013 has also assisted the economy in its transition following the mining investment boom. An appreciating exchange rate would complicate this adjustment.

Inflation remains quite low. Headline inflation is expected to pick up over the course of 2017 to be above 2 per cent. The rise in underlying inflation is expected to be a bit more gradual with growth in labour costs remaining subdued.
Conditions in the housing market continue to vary considerably around the country. In some markets, conditions are strong and prices are rising briskly. In other markets, prices are declining. In the eastern capital cities, a considerable additional supply of apartments is scheduled to come on stream over the next couple of years. Growth in rents is the slowest for two decades.

Growth in household borrowing, largely to purchase housing, continues to outpace growth in household income. By reinforcing strong lending standards, the recently announced supervisory measures should help address the risks associated with high and rising levels of indebtedness. Lenders need to ensure that the serviceability metrics that they use are appropriate for current conditions. A reduced reliance on interest-only housing loans in the Australian market would also be a positive development.

Taking account of the available information, the Board judged that holding the stance of monetary policy unchanged at this meeting would be consistent with sustainable growth in the economy and achieving the inflation target over time.
By RBA standards a savage attack on the banking sector and a serious note of warning to employers to share the profits more. Clearly Bolt is right and the left do control everymathing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

MonoAus posted:

"No, you see, they say they're born that way. So if someone's preferences change over time, that means all gays are liars and marriage equality is a sham."

I wish I was joking when I say I've had that argument thrown at me more than once.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Man, if Bob Day loses his seat outright and PHON gets a smackdown from the feds this would be a really great month

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Well look Kerry if people's gayness can mutate over time, and I do say "if", Kerry, then maybe we've been at fault here and need to reconsider whether applying the pub test is still relevant and perhaps move to a more appropriate sniff test.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

JBP posted:

Well look Kerry if people's gayness can mutate over time, and I do say "if", Kerry, then maybe we've been at fault here and need to reconsider whether applying the pub test is still relevant and perhaps move to a more appropriate sniff test.

From now on the pub test must only be applied in the Stonewall :colbert:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What manner of loving cretin hears the words "pub test" from a politician and experiences a state of resonance in their mind?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Abetz bringing us the latest research on this phenomena.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

JBP posted:

sniff test.

Smells like piss to me.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Man, if Bob Day loses his seat outright and PHON gets a smackdown from the feds this would be a really great month

And if any conviction to Hanson comes through, that it sticks this time, and can't be overturned.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Speaking of the 'pub test':

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-04/scott-morrison-refuses-provide-economic-modelling-company-tax/8414338

quote:

Scott Morrison refuses to provide economic modelling for Government's company tax cuts By political reporter Ashlynne McGhee Updated 27 minutes ago

Federal Treasurer Scott Morrison has declined to detail the economic modelling of his Government's company tax cuts because he says it does not matter to people in the pub. When pressed, Scott Morrison and his office could not provide any economic modelling for the package that passed the Senate on Friday. "If you go down to the pub and talk to small business people, they're not talking about econometric models," he said. "The Government doesn't need to be convinced about the need to give small and medium-sized businesses a tax cut. The Turnbull Government knows how business works, we focus on the things we know make a difference because of our life experience and our background in business."

The Government last week secured tax cuts for businesses with a turnover of up to $50 million, after prolonged negotiations with the Senate crossbench. Labor would only support tax cuts for businesses with a turnover of up to $2 million. Opposition Leader Bill Shorten has refused to say whether his party will repeal the legislation if it wins the next election. "We've seen the Government giving up trying to prove there will be jobs created and said go down to the pub and talk to people about business tax cuts," he said. "I was in a pub in Proserpine yesterday. No-one came up to me in the pub and said 'just vote for the $50 billion corporate tax giveaway'." $50 billion refers to the cost of the Government's full tax cut package, which did not pass the Senate.

Mr Morrison says the Government remains committed to that package, which involves cutting the tax rate to 25 per cent for all businesses over the next decade. The Senate has so far refused to support it, but it is the only package the Government has commissioned economic modelling for. "Our modelling was done on the entire tax package," he said. "[The entire package] lifts the GDP by 1 per cent permanently(!). "We remain committed to the entire package and our modelling is done on the entire package."
Well I will be nailing my thighs to the couch waiting for that to trickle down to me. It was so sad watching Trampballs and Morristooge this morning desperately trying to use this to throw egg on Shorten. Just how is he relevant here? It's beyond pathetic.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Wow, 1%. I feel richer already.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Have they thought about doing modelling on giving 50 billion dollars to everyone else instead?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I reckon I could get nationalising the mining industry to pass the pub test pretty easily

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm the pub filled with small business owners.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tokamak posted:

I'm the pub filled with small business owners.

Everyone that works a blue collar job is a small business owner now because no one directly employs.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Depending on the pub I may have to lean into fatshaming, misogyny and xenophobia but I'd get it done nonetheless

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

Depending on the pub I may have to lean into fatshaming, misogyny and xenophobia but I'd get it done nonetheless

Nice classism.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/theboltreport/status/849145575568138240

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Speaking of classism, how do people that want to watch the bolt report have enough money to afford cable tv?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

Speaking of classism, how do people that want to watch the bolt report have enough money to afford cable tv?

Have you seen his ratings?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

JBP posted:

pensioned cops

Doctor Spaceman posted:

pensioned cops

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Bolt Report was the most watched program on subscription television on 9 November 2016 as part of post-2016 American presidential election coverage with 139,000 viewers.

:drat:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

JBP posted:

The Bolt Report was the most watched program on subscription television on 9 November 2016 as part of post-2016 American presidential election coverage with 139,000 viewers.

:drat:

Australia's Most Watched Columnist*

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I can't stop listening to Pauline Pantsdown, help.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Just watching 4 corners on iview. lol at the guy who stopped himself from saying 'muzzies' on TV. Eat poo poo. Political correctness has won.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ccroucher9/status/848737879144538112

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/848837581877817344

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/849172034496077824

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Apr 4, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
THIS Petty

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Dammit now I want a BBQ'd sausage wrapped in bread. Love those things.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Andrew Bolt is redpilling me so hard on Four Corners. I can't believe how dishonest they are.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

:captainpop:

That's the good stuff

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I know what One Nation reminds me of now, it's Scientology.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
OMG Gerard Henderson after the break, be still my beating heart.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I know what One Nation reminds me of now, it's Scientology.

Nah, they don't have big fancy buildings and yachts. It's more like Exclusive Brethren.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Chaos! Absolute Chaos!. How dare someone worse off from an agreement force it to be re-done just because the rules says you can't be worse off!

quote:

"And let's be very clear that people under enterprise agreements get paid more than people on awards."
. After the entire article makes the point that, no, not everyone IS paid more.

I'm actually very surprised that President Trumball hasn't changed the rules yet - I guess he's confident the Shoppies will be able to create another deal that dosn't disadvantage the corporations again.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
If you want a vision of the future, imagine BOOT stepping on the profits of our job creators forever!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
(from article linked above)

"Ms Westacott said no-one wanted enterprise bargaining to collapse and called for bipartisanship from Labor and the Coalition."

Oh go gently caress yourself lady. Obviously the workers aren't people to you because their opinions and well being don't matter to you at all.

No-one = the owners.

Incidentally check out the loving size of those pearls Jenny Westacott is wearing in the article photo. loving hell. You could almost use them as large marbles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Bogan King posted:

:captainpop:

That's the good stuff

"People are criticising Turnbull for turning down a sausage sizzle? I gotta get myself to a barbeque immediately! They'll see who the real Australian is!"

• Locked thread