Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Shin Godzilla's US release seems to have been successful- they added some dates, which is generally a sign that ticket sales are strong, so I can't imagine why they'd drag their feet on a home release. Unless they did something stupid when acquiring the rights from Toho which is entirely possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Snak posted:

I like Ghost in the Shell 2017. I want it to be good, but it's kind of a mess. It's really hampered by trying to be too many things at once. Like it borrows the plot elements from the original film, and the second season of the series, and also shoves an entirely new totally unnecessary and generic origin story plot into it. And because these elements are all fighting for focus and not really meshing together at all, none of them gets developed well, and none of the characters get any time to be developed. There's like 4 hours worth of story crammed into an hour and 40 minutes. It's pretty nice looking, though.

The film is not an 'origin story'; it takes place exactly one year after the character's origin.

The plot of the film is completely different from the 1995 version, except insofar as the good guys are chasing a bad hacker guy.

The film did not need to be four hours long.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

lmao

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

I fuckin' laughed.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I'm frankly amazed that funi was allowed near shin godzilla, given that the last time they touched something anno created he was, reportedly, so personally upset by their translation they he demanded that they do it over from scratch

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
only watched a bit but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4otpTZxJGKo

quote:

AVATARA is not a cartoon. It's a documentary about an Internet subculture who spend their lives immersed in an online 3-D voice-chat program called "Digitalspace Traveler." Through a series of 14 interviews, we uncover the history, art, identities, struggles and emotions of this unique internet community who, since as far back as 1996 have mostly devoted their lives to this software.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Inane IMDB forums are back, baby!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, this is amazing

quote:

That all seems like pretty standard lawsuit stuff, but Brittle’s argument also features a fun twist. Apparently, his attorneys sent a cease and desist notice to Warner Bros. and the Conjuring producers before the release of The Conjuring 2, but the studio claimed that the supernatural horror movies are actually based on “historical facts” and not The Demonologist. However, Brittle says that argument doesn’t hold any water because the Warrens spent years lying about what happened in their many adventures, and the movies can’t be based on historical facts because ghosts aren’t real. In other words, a $900 million lawsuit against The Conjuring hinges on the fact that ghosts don’t exist.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

That's great.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Oh man I wonder if some people I know might get called to testify.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Wanna see that Raggedy Ann doll take the stand

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

This needs to go to the Supreme Court.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

plz dont pull out posted:

This needs to go to the Supreme Court.

In a five four decision ghosts aren't real

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
If only the republicans hadn't blocked Garland!!

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

But what about demons?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

What's Gorsuch's position?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Schwarzwald posted:

What's Gorsuch's position?

As a lich he's pro ghost

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The supreme Court ruling that ghosts are real sounds like the premise of a show that would be called "Ghost High School".

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
It's gonna be cool as poo poo when the Supreme Court rules that the Warrens were lying, therefore there stories are not fictions, and therefore Warner Bros claim that the stories are based on historical facts will be vindicated even though the stories aren't actually based on historical facts.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It'll probably just get settled out of court :shrug:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

We've seen this "are ghosts real" court battle before.

Peter: There are some things in this world that go way beyond human understanding. Things that cannot be explained. Things that some don't even want to know about! That is where we come in.

Prosecutor: So what you're saying is that the world of the supernatural is your exclusive province?

Peter: Kitten, I think that what I'm saying is that: sometimes, poo poo happens, someone has to deal with it, and who you gonna call?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
There's a really great property law case about whether a house is less valuable than advertised because it's haunted, I'll see if I can dig it up if anyone is interested in the wonderful field of Ghost Law. The judge spends the entire opinion making terrible puns.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

There's a really great property law case about whether a house is less valuable than advertised because it's haunted, I'll see if I can dig it up if anyone is interested in the wonderful field of Ghost Law. The judge spends the entire opinion making terrible puns.

It's apparently Stambovsky v. Ackley, which is a solid ghost law name

quote:

Stambovsky v. Ackley, 169 A.D.2d 254 (N.Y. App. Div. 1991), commonly known as the Ghostbusters (D.P. László Kovács) ruling…

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The cinematographer of Ghostbusters is listed and not Reitman?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just applied for an apartment. It's a little high for ladyeye and me but it's workable. If I get it we move in May first

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Badass.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Just applied for an apartment. It's a little high for ladyeye and me but it's workable. If I get it we move in May first

Goongrats

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

My boy's growing up :')

On the topic, I have an interview for a full time job at a community college! I gotta get a haircut so I don't look homeless!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Budgie Jumping posted:

I read this post and I've rarely wanted to wedgie a poster more.

Did you not watch it, because he says some pretty lovely stuff in it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is kind of fascinating. Was this like Second Life 1.0? It's also just funny to see a disembodied rabbit head having a serious discussion with a disembodied horse head.

The first interviewee's avatar is a talking guitar. :allears:

Edit: Holy poo poo, the party room. Just disembodied heads and floating seahorses and poo poo slowly rotating in place at one another above a dance floor in the void while the phrase "Lets Party Tonight" circles around the room.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 4, 2017

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Today I found out that, in the eyes of the internet, sleeping in the same bed as your infant or toddler is tantamount to child endangerment because you might roll on it in the night.

I mean... you're wrong?

Like a proto-Lasagna Cat Sex Survey.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Like a proto-Lasagna Cat Sex Survey.

Speaking of which, the Night Mind episode on this is Night Mind as gently caress.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

when she gets mad she gets really antagonistic and also childish

Hmmm.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The film is not an 'origin story'; it takes place exactly one year after the character's origin.

The plot of the film is completely different from the 1995 version, except insofar as the good guys are chasing a bad hacker guy.

Barman Begins is not an origin story as Bruce Wayne was conceived several years before the events of the film and is in fact already a child.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Today I found out that, in the eyes of the internet, sleeping in the same bed as your infant or toddler is tantamount to child endangerment because you might roll on it in the night.

Older infants and toddlers are probably okay, but it's pretty widely known that sleeping with a newborn is a big no-no. Not just due to the risk of you rolling on them, but any blankets, sheets and pillows pose suffocation risks.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

Hmmm.

Barman Begins is not an origin story as Bruce Wayne was conceived several years before the events of the film and is in fact already a child.

Do you know happens when we fall down Bruce? We get ourselves a drink.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Spatulater bro! posted:

Older infants and toddlers are probably okay, but it's pretty widely known that sleeping with a newborn is a big no-no. Not just due to the risk of you rolling on them, but any blankets, sheets and pillows pose suffocation risks.

Yeah, there's a reason SIDS rates have fallen pretty dramatically, and it's this and back sleeping.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Baron von Eevl posted:

Hmmm.

I'm a 27 year old dude who has some mental health issues and I don't pretend to be mature and reasonable when I do it

Now take the opposite of that and that's her

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

Do you know happens when we fall down Bruce? We get ourselves a drink.

It's even better than that... that dumb line is "Why do we fall?"

"because we're loving hammered".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I didn't think the line was that dumb because it's similar to something my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. :shobon:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Spatulater bro! posted:

Can't find the article so my use of 'infant' might have been wrong, but it was a father taking a photo of the mother sleeping with her two very young kids and the internet did its thing. It was ridiculous. People are just... brimming with loathing.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah, there's a reason SIDS rates have fallen pretty dramatically, and it's this and back sleeping.

SIDS. Now there's some nightmare stuff for ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Here's my advice: don't have kids.

• Locked thread