Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

bigperm posted:

This delay bums me out a lot... I have an hour drive every other friday and it used to sync up to TAZ episodes and now it won't. :sad:

*listens to about 50 episodes of TAZ in the space of a month*

Me: poo poo, I should have spread them out, having to wait 2 weeks in between episodes sucks!

*Becomes a Max Fun Donor, gets 5 new bonus TAZ episodes, listens to 2 of them in one morning*

Me: poo poo NOT AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Hearing Stuart and Elliot from The Flop House on Welcome to the Magic Tavern gives me hope that maybe someday we'll see the McElboys make an appearance.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sign my petition to get Nick and Griffin on Hollywood Handbook

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arsenic Lupin posted:

http://www.twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/848900283468066816

Griffin and Henry have a cold, so no TAZ this week.

e: I have no idea why that isn't showing up as an embed. I pasted the raw URL without any formatting, and it turned into a link rather than an embedded Tweet.

It would suck to have a colicky kid.

Although Griffin kept citing "10 hour days" as being the horrible production schedule for the Seeso show, so I kinda wonder if he's not just a big ol' wuss.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

PostNouveau posted:

Although Griffin kept citing "10 hour days" as being the horrible production schedule for the Seeso show, so I kinda wonder if he's not just a big ol' wuss.

10 hour days every day for multiple weeks is pretty rough, dude, especially when you're meant to be on point and active and energetic the entire time

and he was sick then, too

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

flatluigi posted:

10 hour days every day for multiple weeks is pretty rough, dude, especially when you're meant to be on point and active and energetic the entire time

and he was sick then, too

That being said he does seem like a wuss. A lovable wuss.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yes, remember that Griffin was pooping his bones out for at least the first week.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

bigperm posted:

This delay bums me out a lot... I have an hour drive every other friday and it used to sync up to TAZ episodes and now it won't. :sad:

Sounds like an excuse to start over from the beginning.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Could people link in their favorite fanart versions of the IPRE photo? This is mine:
http://angerliz.tumblr.com/post/158819275180/and-its-a-long-way-forward-so-trust-in-me

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

FutonForensic posted:

"Who wants to get maarrieeed? Bond-- chain-- milk and c-- milk and-- Don't milk the cow, when you can go out and get it! You don't have to tie yourself down with a-- just fly free on that hot air balloon because you don't need a sandbag tying you down! Go sow-- go sow your seeds in the field of pussies!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpWHvhWj_Ps

This always makes me smile because that was my "how to time my proposal" question that prompted that goof.

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Could people link in their favorite fanart versions of the IPRE photo? This is mine:
http://angerliz.tumblr.com/post/158819275180/and-its-a-long-way-forward-so-trust-in-me

I liked the one Griffin RTed.

https://pic.twitter.com/tjwjs3rzcY

ChumpsForChange fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 4, 2017

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Wait who is the other dwarf? Davenport? Wait did I forget that Barry was a dwarf?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Davenport's a gnome.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
"IM GONNA NUT!"
"SQUAD"
is such a perfect gag.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress.
I was there and I'm going to re-listen.
I can't get enough of these beautiful soft boys.

Griffin and Justin were on Morning Drawfee (a cool real-time drawing YouTube channel) and the hosts have taken up the McElroy speech patterns a little too much.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

timp posted:

*listens to about 50 episodes of TAZ in the space of a month*

Me: poo poo, I should have spread them out, having to wait 2 weeks in between episodes sucks!

*Becomes a Max Fun Donor, gets 5 new bonus TAZ episodes, listens to 2 of them in one morning*

Me: poo poo NOT AGAIN

I had laser eye surgery last week and spent three days just relaxing in bed with my eyes closed and I've burned through I-have-no-loving-idea-how-many TAZ, mbmbam and assorted shows in that time. Getting my donor eps was a godsend to continuing my binge.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Do you still get the bonus eps if you do the one-time donation or do you have to go monthly? I'd much rather drop like 20 today than go in on 5 a month for a year.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

monthly, but you can cancel at anytime

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

kidcoelacanth posted:

Do you still get the bonus eps if you do the one-time donation or do you have to go monthly? I'd much rather drop like 20 today than go in on 5 a month for a year.

The bonus content is monthly donors only. There are easy ways to get the bonus content through other methods if you don't want to go in for the minimum $60 for a year and do a one-time donation instead. I say this only because people signing up and then cancelling after a month is a super lame thing to do to a small business who relies on yearly subscriptions and is committed to being good to their employees and artists. Jesse has been very clear on understanding if people can't afford the monthly thing and do single donations + filez instead.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

Hearing Stuart and Elliot from The Flop House on Welcome to the Magic Tavern gives me hope that maybe someday we'll see the McElboys make an appearance.
that'd rule

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Here's a good one! https://thedavylamp.tumblr.com/post/159163921614/life-writer-its-time-to-reclaim-your-stolen

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Holy poo poo, that Master Chief bit slew me.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the loving home improvement joke

thank travis for travis

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

DoctorWhat posted:

the loving home improvement joke

thank travis for travis

Oh my god, that one doubled me over.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Any idea how long it normally takes for donor rewards to ship?

Serf
May 5, 2011

I was rewatching Second Life, Second Chances, and the fact that there is a naked avatar running around with the name "barrybluejeans" is an incredible coincidence.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
up to ep 25 and although i haven't enjoyed this race arc as much as the train one the phantom steed moment is easily my favourite moment in the podcast so far, hoooooly poo poo

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Escobarbarian posted:

up to ep 25 and although i haven't enjoyed this race arc as much as the train one the phantom steed moment is easily my favourite moment in the podcast so far, hoooooly poo poo

Garyl's entrance is the fuckin best, my jaw dropped in joy as it happened

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Somehow that one's especially heartbreaking.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I really like the look of Magnus in this one. Not sure why, but the 90s sitcom teen hair seems to fit Young Magnus perfectly.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Okay, got another one for ya. Merle has been a Pannite since he was a kid, having come from a religious family. However, now we know that that family does not come from this world. Did the last planar system also have a Pan?

If it didn't, I wonder how that played out. Maybe the god that he was pushed into following as a kid was different, and he had to switch from the religion he'd followed all his life. Or, maybe he didn't actually find religion until after the journey.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Probably the same Pan as the hunger was described as going through the various planes to get to Lucretia and blacking out/eating the gods as it went. Since all of the red robes are various D&D races they obviously come from a similar world, maybe even a parallel universe to the "real" one, and the gods exist in other planes to begin with. If clerics in this world can communicate with the gods there's no reason clerics in the world the red robes came from couldn't also.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

What's thread spoiler policy? It seems like several people in this thread are powering through from the beginning. Do we want to leave the most recent episode blacktext for now?
I had tended to think that Pan not responding was Merle being set up for "there never was a Pan, he was inside your head all along." Does that fit the known facts?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Arsenic Lupin posted:

What's thread spoiler policy? It seems like several people in this thread are powering through from the beginning. Do we want to leave the most recent episode blacktext for now?
I had tended to think that Pan not responding was Merle being set up for "there never was a Pan, he was inside your head all along." Does that fit the known facts?

Was ithsmus imaginary too?

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Last night on the radio I heard a Motel 6 commercial with Tom Bodett where he was using all sorts of slang to be hip to millenials. He ended the commercial with "at Motel 6, we'll keep it lit". All I could think was, "what would the McElroy's do with this?"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ariong posted:

Okay, got another one for ya. Merle has been a Pannite since he was a kid, having come from a religious family. However, now we know that that family does not come from this world. Did the last planar system also have a Pan?
In D&D (particularly Planescape) there's really no problem with different Prime Material Planes (i.e. settings) having the same or different gods as others, or figures that are gods in one setting but not others. Doesn't need to be seen as much of a conflict either way, particularly if you're not in any position to notice or care.

e: I'm thinking along the lines of Paladine (Dragonlance) compared to Bahamut (across core editions) or Tiamat/Llolth over editions, etc.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I don't know that there is one, but maybe a good idea is to consider the most recent "arc" rather than episode as spoiler territory, at the time of one's posting?

e: Perhaps things that spoil the current arc are of a priority, but things specific to the most recent episode of a primary importance? :shrug:

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 4, 2017

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

How would that prevent Merle from casting, though? He didn't know what was happening until after Wonderland, so there was no power of suggestion to prevent him from casting if Pan was actually imaginary.

John Wilkes Booth posted:

Last night on the radio I heard a Motel 6 commercial with Tom Bodett where he was using all sorts of slang to be hip to millenials. He ended the commercial with "at Motel 6, we'll keep it lit". All I could think was, "what would the McElroy's do with this?"

I wouldn't be shocked to hear that they actually wrote it if it ends like that.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I normally like how Griffin runs his games, but Merle has been slapped around like a red-headed step child for the last arc and now this. Couldn't heal people in The Suffering Game, and now he can't cast anything at all. It's honestly kinda a lovely thing to do. I know Clint probably doesn't actually mind, but from a GMing standpoint, that is just bad.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I have to think that Griffin will at least restore SOME of Merle's abilities for the final showdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Serf posted:

I normally like how Griffin runs his games, but Merle has been slapped around like a red-headed step child for the last arc and now this. Couldn't heal people in The Suffering Game, and now he can't cast anything at all. It's honestly kinda a lovely thing to do. I know Clint probably doesn't actually mind, but from a GMing standpoint, that is just bad.

Through the lens of pure storytelling I don't think it was that lovely because it puts the character through a crisis of faith and also plays into some of the things about Merle that Clint talked about in TTAZZ i.e. being insecure about his place and value to the group. From a DMing perspective, I think that you have to take into account your players before making decisions like this and I imagine that Griffin feels pretty comfortable with how Clint will adapt. Also I have no doubt that this is all going to culminate into a situation which somehow catapults Merle into a position of very high importance where he's the only one who can save the world or some such.