Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I just spent a minute chanting "it's a teenie eenie weenie beanie" at my monitor getting steadily louder each time. I hope you're proud of what you've made me do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So many cute rodents.
Thank you!

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Perestroika posted:

Shamelessly stolen from the funny pictures thread, a big old mastiff just doesn't see what all the rush is about in these agility trials:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjqtwNUE148

That big ol' lug is the dog agility champion of my heart :allears:

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/u3Ctpo4.gifv

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dog stuff, is best stuff.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
It's spring again

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Cats are sprouting up real fine this year.

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

Morrigan is concerned about the fertilizer you used when planting your cat.

She also likes to assume her Dumbest Cat Position

Bonus closeup shot of partial snoot

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Slime posted:

Cats are sprouting up real fine this year.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://www.thedodo.com/rescue-opossum-opie-2333278981.html

Orphaned opossum refuses to be released back into the wild.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
How do you rat and mouse dads (and moms) deal with the poo poo pellets?

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx posted:

Morrigan is concerned about the fertilizer you used when planting your cat.

Your cat is the goddess of war, fate, and death? I guess she'll grow into it :3:

This reminds me of a cute story, or well, one I hope is cute to you guys.

When I was in college, I had a fourth story dorm room in the city with two huge windows. Sometimes in the mornings I would hear crows chatting on the roof of the next building over. Soon I discovered the neighbors were, in fact, a bonded crow pair, who I christened The Morrigans. I love corvids, I always have, they're beautiful, intelligent, and fascinating birds, so I hatched a plan. I made a bird feeder out of the bottom of a pop tart box covered in teal duct tape, and stuck it to my window ledge. I began to place meal scraps in them daily, everything from muffin bits to bacon to fruits, veggies, and nuts. Almost immediately the Morrigans figured out I was a reliable bonanza and would stop by regularly. If I forgot to place something in the feeder, I was treated to some very nasty language and glass-tapping before they flew off to scold me from next door. I should mention that my bed was placed right against the windows, so waking up could be interesting with the angry eyes of two affronted birds glaring at you from inches away.

Basically, I loved it and the weird, interspecies relationship I'd fostered. Until I had to move out.

The next year I was living off-campus, but I decided to go back to the dorms to visit a friend. She lived in a room on the same floor as mine had been, and I noticed that the door was open to my old space, so I decided to say hi to the new folks. They were cool (art students dgaf) and I pointed out a weird stain I'd made and we had a good chuckle. We talked about how nice a room it was, good view, etc, before one mentioned that she had no idea why, but "there were always crows around and we don't know why but they always seem super loving pissed off." I wavered at this point, because I didn't want them to think I was a Total rear end in a top hat, but finally I told them about the Morrigans and it was my fault they were getting yelled at by crows. Their response, after laughing their asses off, was...to start feeding them, too.

I didn't have a reason to go back after that, but in my heart I really loving hope there is some confused art student in Maine right now who was told to feed the drat crows by the student before them, and so on and so on, so the Morrigans are spoiled forever.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
I made the cute thread dinner tonight. Pork.

http://i.imgur.com/whZKclF.gifv

and beans.

Feonir has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Apr 5, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Huh, pigs wag their tails too?

https://i.imgur.com/GbEH1AY.gifv

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Snozberries taste like snozberries :catdrugs:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

szary posted:

It's spring again

You both need to trim back your Catspaw, it's looking a little overgrown.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

-Zydeco- posted:

Seriously. This is a creature out of 70's speculative science fiction

Close. Dune came out in 1965.

Muad'Dib is the Fremen word for jerboa.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Well that's gone forever.

Nothing to be done.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

porkswordonboard posted:

I didn't have a reason to go back after that, but in my heart I really loving hope there is some confused art student in Maine right now who was told to feed the drat crows by the student before them, and so on and so on, so the Morrigans are spoiled forever.

A while back I read about a scientist who was studying some aspect of crow behavior. He'd drive to a park near the university, spread some peanuts about, and observe.

After the study concluded he, coincidentally, sold his car.

Soon after, the buyer contacted him to ask why a mob of crows was following him around town. :3:

There have also been cases of grad students learning the hard way that crows can identify individual humans, and teach grudges to their young. Eventually, all students involved in researching corvids at whatever university this was were issued masks.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

That dog's muzzle is so big!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Footed Booby posted:

A while back I read about a scientist who was studying some aspect of crow behavior. He'd drive to a park near the university, spread some peanuts about, and observe.

After the study concluded he, coincidentally, sold his car.

Soon after, the buyer contacted him to ask why a mob of crows was following him around town. :3:

There have also been cases of grad students learning the hard way that crows can identify individual humans, and teach grudges to their young. Eventually, all students involved in researching corvids at whatever university this was were issued masks.

I read in an article somewhere, that they'll recognize you even if you change masks, if you gently caress with them enough.

Turtlicious has a new favorite as of 05:01 on Apr 5, 2017

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/beachan11/status/847815994378567681

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Not enough capy posts lately. I miss Battlemaster :(

I've been a bit busy lately and I didn't realize they were so well-liked, but I'd better get back on the job

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I like them a lot.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

dismas posted:

I like them a lot.

:yeah:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/uq4bKDT.gifv

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Huh, right after I saw this what I'm assuming is the source video showed up in my recommended video list. YouTube is following me! :tinfoil:

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/9Pn0dwz.gifv

Sininu has a new favorite as of 10:31 on Apr 5, 2017

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

porkswordonboard posted:

Your cat is the goddess of war, fate, and death? I guess she'll grow into it :3:

This reminds me of a cute story, or well, one I hope is cute to you guys.

She's the goddess of death and fate, (of my house plants,) all right.

Story time: I love myself some nice big house plants, and had lots prior to adopting Morrigan, with wonderful foliage. And then Morrigan arrived and pretty much decided on the spot that they had to go. Seriously, I tried everything I could think of to try to dissuade her from going near them because every time she did, chaos would ensue, but nothing worked. I guess that's cats and house plants as per usual though. My experience with cats isn't huge, to be honest, but lots of research and testimonies from fellow cat owners revealed that eventually, they do grow out of it. But not Morrigan. She's going on 2 years old (that picture was actually taken when she was younger) and still has the same passionate hatred against all nature of house plant as she did when she first arrived. I had six when she first came to me. Two years down the line, only two remain, and only by a thread.

She has grown into the role quite well though. I should have called her Destructor, really, but Morrigan is definitely more befitting of her nature, as she does have a soft side too. She is a merciful goddess.

Seriously, look at that face and tell me she doesn't know it.

And this was taken only a few days ago. Loaf form and somewhat concerned look are both on point, if you ask me. But perhaps the more knowledgeable cat owners here will disagree (with photographic evidence, of course)

Also, crows are insanely intelligent, and I do hope they will continue to confuse residents of your former dorm with their indignant cries for food for years to come. :3:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/Bodegacats_/status/849601431556501504

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I wish I had a bodega cat in my neighborhood. There are a few bodegaesque places near me but unfortunately they don't employ any cats.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/WzvJ33f.gifv

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Inzombiac posted:

Friends, I'm feeling very frustrated and stuck.
Can I get some cute rodents?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlS3w1GGE8g

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

BattleMaster posted:

I've been a bit busy lately and I didn't realize they were so well-liked, but I'd better get back on the job

Silly Capy, that's not how you eat a banana!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Basebf555 posted:

I wish I had a bodega cat in my neighborhood. There are a few bodegaesque places near me but unfortunately they don't employ any cats.

I have no idea what a bodega is but I want bodega cats too

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

My legs are too short for this poo poo.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Is your Morrigan a bengal? If so, no wonder your house plants suffered! I love the breed, but they are definitely more than 50% rear end in a top hat to things that aren't them or their family. Of course, if you don't mind them being a little destructive from time to time, they can be very sweet characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I have no idea what a bodega is but I want bodega cats too

Basically a small local food store that are typically owned by people rather than big businesses, so they get to be a lot more lax with the rules and keep cats around.

it's unhygienic, but also i like cats so i think it's cool