Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Using a whiteboard is so NBA 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Athanatos posted:

The Pacers do not deserve Paul George. Someone please trade for him in the offseason and he will win you a ring.

Demarre Carroll and Norm Powell and a 2nd? Maybe a 1st?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

chunkles posted:

Using a whiteboard is so NBA 2.0

Vivek has three precogs that can see all of the players in the world. Every once in a while a small red ball comes down a chute labeled "Steph Curry Potential"

The latest red ball bore one name: Buddy Hield

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

xbilkis posted:

"Picture of a dude you signed to a 10-day contract" is the funniest way to have your offseason targets leaked. Congrats to the Orlando Magic

"Saric (for AG?)" is the highlight

Jesus Christ

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol that the Magic has Ibaka on their potential FA list

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

xbilkis posted:

"Picture of a dude you signed to a 10-day contract" is the funniest way to have your offseason targets leaked. Congrats to the Orlando Magic

apparently it was his agent that did it but still...holy poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

xbilkis posted:

ahahahahahahahahaha

I'm partial to Parsons being on the list at all.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Parsons and Deng hahaha

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That list says deng

why do they want to trade for deng

...Does that say Terrence Jones???

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tae posted:

That list says deng

why do they want to trade for deng

...Does that say Terrence Jones???

Could be Tyus Jones?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

Could be Tyus Jones?

Tyus Jones isn't a free agent, Terrence Jones is

edit: I see two J. Green, they want to keep Jeff Green...?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

patonthebach posted:

Demarre Carroll and Norm Powell and a 2nd? Maybe a 1st?

As much as I would love that, Toronto traded their 1st in the Ibaka deal and can't trade consecutive 1sts, we'd have to talk Indiana into taking 2019's 1st

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

pretty sure I saw "D. Carroll" on that borad. Swindle them Masaj!

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Fake news, d rose isn't on the board

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

It's sad that Meyers Leonard couldnt make that list.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I assume 'hybrid' is referring to a 3/4 swingman which is why he's not on there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also they already have like 26 million annually tied up in centers.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think the Magic have proven that they take best player available very seriously, position don't matter, fit don't matter.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Having your agent leak out this picture after signing your first nba contract is loving hilariously sad. No way that kid gets a 2nd one from the magic.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It would make more sense if that was last year's list although it still doesn't make sense.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rick posted:

It would make more sense if that was last year's list although it still doesn't make sense.

It's probably from the trade Deadline.

Mirotic is a Free Agent and wouldn't be a trade target.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

BobHoward posted:

Lol at this very homer take

You don't have to go full JFK conspiracy theorist to see that Harden may or may not have been pinching but definitely had a hand on Green, Green slaps at Harden's arm to get it out of there as he makes an off-ball offensive move, and the blow lands near Harden's elbow, nowhere near his wrist.

I'm not pretending Harden didn't pinch him you dullard

Your entire post is about how noted dick kicker Draymond Green was probably just flailing his limbs in response to contact, just like he does when he kicks a dick

chunkles posted:

Sam DEKKAH is untouchable according to clutchfans, sorry

He's the new Papanikoulaou

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 4, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm mad the Knicks are competing with this joke rear end Orlando franchise for a bottom feeder pick. They're somehow ran less competently and it's not fair.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Draymond Green: "I punched his wrist"

Draymond Green Apologists: "Well if you go frame by frame it kind of looks like he might not have"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You can see his arm move back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Doltos posted:

I'm mad the Knicks are competing with this joke rear end Orlando franchise for a bottom feeder pick. They're somehow ran less competently and it's not fair.

Consider if you will that

wikipedia posted:

On August 10, 2012, Howard was traded from Orlando to the Los Angeles Lakers in a deal that also involved the Philadelphia 76ers and the Denver Nuggets. The Lakers also received Chris Duhon and Earl Clark; the Magic received Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga, Maurice Harkless, Nikola Vučević, Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, and draft picks; Philadelphia received Jason Richardson and Andrew Bynum; and Denver received Andre Iguodala.[53]

And also that two months later

wikipedia again posted:

Harden was traded to the Houston Rockets, along with Daequan Cook, Cole Aldrich, and Lazar Hayward, for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first round picks, and a second round pick.[20]

Before you note that Harden was traded because he was going to be too expensive to keep, note that Howard played the next season for ~17 million, and the Thunder offered Harden 13.5 million a year. In a trade with a rebuilding Orlando, the difference could be made up elsewhere. Not only that, but Hennigan worked for the Thunder just a few months before these two trades happened

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

You can see his arm move back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

Draymond "I've never intentionally kicked a dick" Green would surely own up to punching Harden's wrist when he didn't actually do so

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

gently caress Andrew Bynum.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

gently caress Andrew Bynum.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Motherfucker looks like a Pulp Fiction character.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Intruder posted:

I'm not pretending Harden didn't pinch him you dullard

Your entire post is about how noted dick kicker Draymond Green was probably just flailing his limbs in response to contact, just like he does when he kicks a dick

LOL at all of that

Intruder posted:

Draymond Green: "I punched his wrist"

Draymond Green Apologists: "Well if you go frame by frame it kind of looks like he might not have"

Dude even you admitted the video doesn't show him hitting Harden's wrist, right before doing a 180 into this weird cult of personality thing wherein you get mad at anybody who says the same because that contradicts the words of the Great Non-Robotic Dick Kicker

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BobHoward posted:

LOL at all of that

Dude even you admitted the video doesn't show him hitting Harden's wrist, right before doing a 180 into this weird cult of personality thing wherein you get mad at anybody who says the same because that contradicts the words of the Great Non-Robotic Dick Kicker

What does this mean

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i enjoy that multiple teams are attempting to buy low on stanley johnson and svg is just going to scare him into never taking a shot again and keep playing him 9 minutes per game

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

BobHoward posted:

Lol at this very homer take

You don't have to go full JFK conspiracy theorist to see that Harden may or may not have been pinching but definitely had a hand on Green, Green slaps at Harden's arm to get it out of there as he makes an off-ball offensive move, and the blow lands near Harden's elbow, nowhere near his wrist.

Just a guess, but Draymond probably went along with people saying it was on the wrist because he did not know exactly where the hit landed, had not seen a replay, and it was plausible to him that he got the wrist. I doubt Green was even looking down, he was trying to move to a different place on the floor and that is where his attention would have been. Feel free to zapruder that if you like, I have not done so.

Also the reason Green visibly didn't give any fucks is because defenders grabbing and having their arms slapped away is a routine thing which probably happens dozens of times in a typical game. The only reason this one has people trying to make it a thing is that it got called as an offensive foul, there was a camera angle, idiot homer tv announcers immediately claimed it was a deliberate savage targeted blow, and it was Draymond Green. Anyone else, nobody gives a poo poo.

I agree with this post tbh I think it is a correct take

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

I agree with this post tbh I think it is a correct take

Giant Conspiracies are fun yeah

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Why are so many people willing to die on the defending draymond green hill?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Since we were talking about frame-by-frame analyses of Zapruder films I thought for a second you were talking about the green hill of defending Draymond. It would be a smallish, roundish hill that would be green due to grass.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

AggressivelyStupid posted:

i think some people have a hard time accepting that the player and team are pretty unsympathetic figures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

He's legit scared of Demar.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

As much as I would love that, Toronto traded their 1st in the Ibaka deal and can't trade consecutive 1sts, we'd have to talk Indiana into taking 2019's 1st

Going into detail on a joke trade proposition is whatever but the Raptors had two firsts this year (thanks to the Greivis Vasquez trade, somehow) so they're still good.

• Locked thread