Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Metwurst metvursti typically contains about 115% meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

"20% more bacon" than what? :confused:

"More bacon than bacon"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0E0ynyIUsg

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I use the Reddit app on my phone (yeah I know) and just discovered it has a 'pony' theme which turns all the colours pink and purple.

Someone else post a pic, I'm too traumatised.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fathis Munk posted:

It's poisonous for cats and dogs (and humans but you would have to eat impossible amounts) but cats don't taste sweet and thus don't tend to eat chocolate. Dogs on the other hand will gleefully poison themselves. :eng101:

If cats don't like sweet then why do they eat ice cream and get brain freezes?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Who What Now posted:

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

One of my favourite photos, and presumably the reason Norville Rogers is such a hit at parties:

not true AUG, though, since it was the result of an old Regretsy challenge to wear a sweater as pants. Have some of the genuine article:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Maybe cats are just trying to feel something in this numb, unending torture we call existence :smith:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Who What Now posted:

Apparently some cats do eat sugary stuff but they are a minority and people are not quite sure what's up with them.

The sweetness receptor depends on 2 genes and one of them is mutated in cats, pumas, lions, that whole branch (not in the other feliformia branch that contains hyenas and mongooses and stuff). The mutation leads to one half of the receptor being hosed up and thus cats are unable to taste "sweet" as all other mammals do. Some people think they might be able to taste it when you have very strong concentrations of sugar.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Hedrigall posted:

Maybe cats are just trying to feel something in this numb, unending torture we call existence :smith:

Cats can taste ATP, which we can't. It's part of why they love meat, that tasty tasty ATP taste.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Mongooses? Mongeese?

If I eat ice cream my cats will come running and stare at me. So they like it for some reason.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Stoatbringer posted:

I guess that depends if you get 9 or 11 slices.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fathis Munk posted:

Cats can taste ATP, which we can't. It's part of why they love meat, that tasty tasty ATP taste.

What's ATP? Active Time Party?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Mongooses? Mongeese?

If I eat ice cream my cats will come running and stare at me. So they like it for some reason.

Cats like cream and milk and poo poo. If you offer them water and sugary water, they are one of the only mammals to not show preference for the sugary water.

E: ATP: adenosine triphosphate, the main source of power in a cell.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Mongooses? Mongeese?

Perhaps the smell and/or mouthfeel? Cats like milk, for example, so I wouldn't be surprised if they enjoy other dairy products.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Milk is the cat's meow, darling!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Starburns' next gambit for standing out at Greendale.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Got some jammies to go with that.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Got some jammies to go with that.

Where can I buy these? Asking for a friend

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Ziv Zulander posted:

Where can I buy these? Asking for a friend
Close enough
https://www.therapyshoppe.com/category/P2105-sensory-sox-calming-activities-bodysock-body-sock

Edit, poo poo guys it's only 50 bucks...

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Panfilo posted:

Perhaps the smell and/or mouthfeel? Cats like milk, for example, so I wouldn't be surprised if they enjoy other dairy products.

Gotta have that dope mouthfeel.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
meowthfeel

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Data Graham posted:

Or they wanted to share a relatively cheap and enjoyable hobby that makes an everyday comfort food more interesting with people who might not be aware of it

I'm sorry, I won't do it again

You consider chocolate a "hobby".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah it's all I got time for, ur mom is a full time job

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

These are worth every penny for the total monster protection they offer.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

"kids go play inside your Shut Up Suits"
*Suburban mom cracks open the tap on her second box of wine for the afternoon while the children flail around blindly*

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

steinrokkan posted:

Welcome to Something Awful!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

steinrokkan posted:

What, you don't?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
If you're into learning about its production (or if you make it yourself) and actively seek out new varieties, sure, that sounds like a hobby. Now, if you start treating it as an identity...

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Toast Museum posted:

If you're into learning about its production (or if you make it yourself) and actively seek out new varieties, sure, that sounds like a hobby. Now, if you start treating it as an identity...

you are Willy Wonka.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Statistically, you're more likely to be Augustus Gloop.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Data Graham posted:

Yeah it's all I got time for, ur mom is a full time job

One of the better "ur mom" jokes I've seen in a while. 4.5/5.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Probably this garbage. It doesn't need to be refrigerated and is kept at room temperature.

Goddamn it! Now "If I Had a $1,000,000" is ruined!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Toast Museum posted:

On Kauai a couple weeks ago

It was neato

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Toast Museum posted:

Don't you dare make fun of my chocsona

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Data Graham posted:

On Kauai a couple weeks ago

It was neato

That's the one outside Wailua right? We planned to go last time we were there but they were closed, so we went to the Koloa distillery instead.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Glazier posted:

That's the one outside Wailua right? We planned to go last time we were there but they were closed, so we went to the Koloa distillery instead.

Actually no, it's the north shore one, at Kilauea, next to the mini golf course. The lady does a really good presentation (and makes a pre-columbian style hot chocolate with like turmeric and coconut milk and the like).

Distillery? Man I knew I missed something

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Stoatbringer posted:

Than the previous iteration of Hormel Fully Cooked Bacon. Packaging does that all the time.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

username-post combo :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crustashio posted:

username-post combo :discourse:

Sadly, he has a least a hundred pounds on me.

• Locked thread