Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Both Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Racing Transformed are incredibly good for different reasons

This. I really like both of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sonic Racing Transformed was good, although it was not as party-friendly as MK8.

I think it's fine that they're selling MK8 at full price on Switch, because it's worth the money if you never played it on Wii U, but the lack of any discount for existing MK8 owners means I myself will not re-buy it. They have it on record that I bought the game and all the DLC, so if they can't work out an upgrade deal then I guess it's no sale, that's how life goes sometimes.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Ornamented Death posted:

Hey I get your point but BoI is literally the worst possible game to use to argue it because unlike Skyrim or Bioshock or other games that were remastered, people that owned the original BoI on PC did not get Rebirth for free.

IIRC you did get a significant discount for owning the original BoI, though, to support VideoGames's point.

We all could probably post examples all day long but the point is there's an industry trend (not standard) that when not followed irks some people. I don't mind rebuying MK8 even though I own the original and all the DLC for $60 because it means I can play it on the road, but I wish it were cheaper more than I wish video games in general were cheaper.

turnways fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 4, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Stux posted:

i posted in the wii u thread like 5 times about 6 months ago and thats it, what are you thinking of?

so now platforms like steam and psn dont do those calculations and just do arbitrarily lower prices/sales? what even is your point here.

You're trying to argue there's an objective, correct price for a game. I'm saying that's idiotic and you're wrong

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Feenix posted:

Paging Dr Tim Whatley or anyone who has NTM golf experience to offer some tips.

I don't mind a challenging game, but:

1) not really a golf pro.

2) I've been conditioned for LOTs of hand holding in other golf games.

Especially could use tips on reading the green.

can't offer much tips besides go with ya gut and you can't trust the white arrow to know how far you'll hit the ball, in fact its probably better to under swing overall.

as for the green its actually simple and forgiving in this and just kinda point and shoot, i don't know how the Grain read works either, its pretty obtuse.

Also, Sorry to Videogames for making you work hard in this thread! I'll try to calm down some :ohdear:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

turnways posted:

IIRC you did get a significant discount for owning the original BoI, though, to support VideoGames's point.

We all could probably post examples all day long but the point is there's an industry trend (not standard) that when not followed irks some people. I don't mind rebuying MK8 even though I own the original and all the DLC for $60 because it means I can play it on the road, but I wish it were cheaper more than I wish video games in general were cheaper.

Very specifically it was a 33% discount for preordering the game if you had the BoI + WotL.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

can't offer much tips besides go with ya gut and you can't trust the white arrow to know how far you'll hit the ball, in fact its probably better to under swing overall.

as for the green its actually simple and forgiving in this and just kinda point and shoot, i don't know how the Grain read works either, its pretty obtuse.

Also, Sorry to Videogames for making you work hard in this thread! I'll try to calm down some :ohdear:

One thing to note about swings:

If your club says it will hit for 200y, hitting the 100% power will pretty much get it there after roll, and hitting low will give you more lift, which can affect distance and how the wind makes it move. If you need more power than 100%, instead of changing club, experiment with going beyond 100% on power. This has greater advantages in regards to things like wind. Practice them on the first few holes of each course, and everything will pretty much make sense.

On the green, grain seems to have more effect when the ball is slowing down or just moving slow in general, so adjust your trajectory accordingly. You'll eventually feel out how hills work.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a tip: play a better more modern golf game without jack physics

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Is there a current good golf game? I'm still just playing Tiger Woods 09.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Do you have a vita?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

SHOTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtrqkPxi2Ak

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

What happened to Tennis games

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Fly away troll!!!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TheScott2K posted:

If you've got a 3DS kicking around Mario Golf: World Tour is pretty great

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New Hot Shots for PS4 sometime. Hot shots vita and PS3 are excellent and amazing. Links 2004 on Xbox 1 still remains GOAT in regards to simulation golf

http://m.imgur.com/kYrodla?r

Do you trade res for no DoF?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm sure Camelot will make a Mario Golf sometime we'll see if Nintendo allows them to make it good.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

poo poo... there is a new hot shots golf coming? Time to dust off this ps4.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

poo poo... there is a new hot shots golf coming? Time to dust off this ps4.

Summer in Japan probably fall for us. Worth playing the one in vita that got ported to PS3 also.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

So anyone here get lego

Yup! I never got it on WiiU cause I hear the load times were crummy. They still aren't amazing, but it's a goofy fun Lego game. It feels like FPS drops a lil in Handheld mode. Stupid goofy writing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I saw some video that the police station now loads in twenty seconds. That's bad, but the original have was like two minutes. The world itself was even longer.

I'll wait for a detailed review.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mario Golf: World Tour is drat good and has good DLC. I'd love to see an HD sequel on Switch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yes but it needs the rpg elements back. That's what makes the earlier ones and the tiger woods games so good.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
30$ for cave story is quite expensive but I'm a whore for nicely packaged physical releases of indie games sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dunno if it's been posted but Breath of the Wild's open world thing is (probably) going to be the new standard going forward for Zelda games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

parallelodad posted:

Yes but it needs the rpg elements back. That's what makes the earlier ones and the tiger woods games so good.

It kinda had them but I'd love them to be like the GBC and GBA ones again with the weird original human characters.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

You must be fun at parties.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Olivil posted:

30$ for cave story is quite expensive but I'm a whore for nicely packaged physical releases of indie games sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This is also important to me :sotw:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This is kind of a bummer.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Finished botw, goat game, thanks to gamestop I can trade it in for a net loss of 3 dollars. I love this dead store.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I love seeing comments of video game nerds telling the producer of the series he's wrong about the nebulous history of hyrule :laffo:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Finished botw, goat game, thanks to gamestop I can trade it in for a net loss of 3 dollars. I love this dead store.

But how will you play the dlc?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

But how will you play the dlc?

Very... uh.. hmmm. Prob get it again when it's 20 bucks B)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Very... uh.. hmmm. Prob get it again when it's 20 bucks B)

So never? Zelda doesn't drop in price.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

Look pal, I don't know the future. That's for scientists, I just know the here and now!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

s.i.r.e. posted:

I see you haven't heard of Nintendo Selects budget re-releases.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rexroom posted:

I see you haven't heard of Nintendo Selects budget re-releases.

So he can replay it in like 5 years!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Everyone buying a Switch will buy Zelda over the next year at least, there's no real reason for them to lower the price outside of like bundles or whatever

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Also, now that we've actually played the game what do we think the dlc is gonna be. New map feature sounds like it could be a new collectible or type of structure to find, and a new dungeon sounds not great if it's gonna be essentially another Divine Beast. Those were by far my least favorite parts of the game. New game plus or hard mode sounds good as hell.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I own a switch and have Snipper Clips and BOI. I have Zelda on the WiiU and don't plan on buying it for the Switch. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Is there anything awesome that's only on the Japanese eshop right now?

• Locked thread