Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Here's my advice: don't have kids.

Nah, kids are pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's not really that dumb. I just like giving batman poo poo because I've seen his origin story in every batman movie, and they all try to put in some little bit that makes their version unique or gives it some special added emotion.

Like when I watched BvS, I actually laughed out loud and then called myself an idiot for even considering that they might not show batman's origin in a movie with batman in it.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Kids are great.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Snak posted:

It's not really that dumb. I just like giving batman poo poo because I've seen his origin story in every batman movie, and they all try to put in some little bit that makes their version unique or gives it some special added emotion.

Like when I watched BvS, I actually laughed out loud and then called myself an idiot for even considering that they might not show batman's origin in a movie with batman in it.

I think a still of the crime alley scene was one of the very first things Snyder put out for the film, which made me groan because boy am I tired of seeing crime alley.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If I slept in the same bed as an infant, i would 100% roll over and crush them. Or knock them out of bed. Or strangle them with the blanket.

I'm never having children.

Someday I might get my own dog.

Or a cat.

edit: ^ I have this concept in my brain, about a time in the future, where Crime Alley starts to challenge The Crucifixion in volume of artistic portrayals. Obviously it won't be any time soon, but if we survive the next millennium, it could happen.

Snak fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 4, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just watched a short interview with a disembodied giraffe head in a swimming pool in the sky. A motionless cowboy appeared, watched the interview for a little bit and then zoomed away. Again, completely motionless.

I have also seen an interview with a pinky from DOOM inside of a late 90's rainbow fractal screensaver. And an interview between a disembodied horse's head and a disembodied woman's head on a lovely, low poly train traveling through a low poly environment.

Edit: The system crash at 52:30 :laffo:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 4, 2017

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

Everyone thinks that until they start to get too big and they flush them down the toilet where they haunt our sewer systems.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Everyone thinks that until they start to get too big and they flush them down the toilet where they haunt our sewer systems.

C.H.U.B.s

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
In completely unrelated poo poo, Apple apparently admitted that they hosed up the most recent MacBook pro super bad and are sorry. Fuckin lol.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Snak posted:

In completely unrelated poo poo, Apple apparently admitted that they hosed up the most recent MacBook pro super bad and are sorry. Fuckin lol.

Their whole current line of poo poo looks awful and the Apple Watch is a huge bust. This is good.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Here's my advice: don't have kids.

gently caress you dad I'm having kids right now

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Baby Geniuses 3: C.H.U.B.S.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I'd probably pick up an Apple Watch if it was $50

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Snak posted:

I looked this up and they were talking about the Mac Pro, which also sucks

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Attn Celtic Predator: Nickelodeon's making a TV movie revival for Invader Zim

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

gently caress you dad I'm having kids right now

I put it to you, that then you will be the dad, and I will not

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

morestuff posted:

I looked this up and they were talking about the Mac Pro, which also sucks

Oh poo poo you're right.

God damnit.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Most laptops are designed like poo poo. Might have good hardware, a nice screen, but actually typing or using them seems more frustrating and limiting the newer the model. I had to eliminate 90% of all the candidates for my laptop because none of them had physical buttons to use for mouse clicks.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Wait, what

Is Jhonen Vasquez involved? Because I might be into this

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
after a lot of research, I settled on a lenovo Thinkpad T440 (this was before superfish scandal). They keyboard is nice. Screen has a horrible design flaw where the back of the screen can touch the inside of the lcd if even gentle pressure is applied to it, and this resulted in a light spot in the middle of the screen within months. Touchpad is a disataster. it's one giant button, but it uses the touch part of it to determine whether you're right clicking or normal clicking. The slightest hit of humidity makes it unusable. As a thinkpad, it still has nub in the keyboad that you can use, which I do. But because it still uses the touchpad to determing if I'm right or left clicking, I still can't use it all the time. As soon as my thumb gets the slightest bit sweaty, I can't use the mouse at all and have to plug in a USB mouse. It's garbage.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Wait, what

Is Jhonen Vasquez involved? Because I might be into this

Who knows

https://twitter.com/JhonenV/status/849309006015455232

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

https://twitter.com/JhonenV/status/849309006015455232

Also,
I would kill to be a fly on this wall

(Denis Villeneuve on Bladerunner 2049)

e:fb

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I put it to you, that then you will be the dad, and I will not

Wrong, I'm going to be uncle mailman

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

GonSmithe posted:

Also,
I would kill to be a fly on this wall

(Denis Villeneuve on Bladerunner 2049)

Does Ford ever not look like he wishes he was anywhere else.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Entertainment Weekly broke the story and claimed to have gotten it straight from Nickelodeon, and even if they're tacky as gently caress they're a decently reliable source, so I'm getting the feeling this just means they haven't called him about it. :smith:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Congrats on getting your own place, Dickeye, sucks it's early and because of family poo poo but having a living space with your SO is nice and also your mom sounds like not someone to live with.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Does Ford ever not look like he wishes he was anywhere else.

I'm pretty sure that's his "studying intently" face.

But I am not thrilled at his inclusion in the movie at all.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Excuse me?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/04/nickelodeon-invader-zim-tv-movie/

Original VAs are back, Jhonen's involvement is unconfirmed but seems unlikely judging by that tweet.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was gonna say, ain't no way anything is happening at least with Jhonen's involvement.

Although, I would get a slight sick kick out of a live action Zim movie done the same way they did that Fairly Odd Parents movie. Clancy Brown as Zim, reprising his iconic role.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I got a scholarship and an assistantship and I put my deposit down on an apartment. Gonna go 2 grad skool!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think it is happening. Vasquez is doing a Trump thing, and Trump is a massive liar so...

Holy gently caress? My goddness? Sweet Jesus?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I can't not associate your avatar's expression with the tone of your posts. This one is perfect.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

I got a scholarship and an assistantship and I put my deposit down on an apartment. Gonna go 2 grad skool!!!

Congrats, corny bibble. I hope things continue to go well for you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snak posted:

Sometimes I can't not associate your avatar's expression with the tone of your posts. This one is perfect.

I miss my Zim avatar tho.

Edit: This news is interesting now because I've just started to get slightly bored with the comic lately. No one's really doing anything unique or weird. Hopefully it'll pick up soon, but I haven't bought the last issue or two.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/davidehrlich/status/849091111993966592

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Spatulater bro! posted:

I liked it fine but I think I prefer Spring Breakers :v:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Today I found out that, in the eyes of the internet, sleeping in the same bed as your infant or toddler is tantamount to child endangerment because you might roll on it in the night.

I mean... you're wrong?

America and Great Britain are EXTREMELY paranoid about this, despite extensive anthropological research (and the basic experience of 90+% of the human population now and throughout history) saying it's safe. People will get extremely weird about it. We're also really uptight about breastfeeding, especially for very long, despite most cultures historically not weaning until 2-4 years of age.

Spatulater bro! posted:

Older infants and toddlers are probably okay, but it's pretty widely known that sleeping with a newborn is a big no-no. Not just due to the risk of you rolling on them, but any blankets, sheets and pillows pose suffocation risks.

This is "widely known" in the US and also widely bullshit. With a few exceptions (heavy blankets, extremely overweight parents, people with drug problems, extremely long hair) it simply isn't true The Notre Dame Mother-Baby Behavior Sleep Laboratory run by James McKenna is the absolute authority on these kinds of issues. For the overwhelming majority of families this a cultural choice, not a safety choice.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah, there's a reason SIDS rates have fallen pretty dramatically, and it's this and back sleeping.

SIDS by definition does not include smothering deaths (though a lot of smothering deaths are probably rolled into SIDS statistics because doctors don't want to make the parents upset).

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

morestuff posted:

I'd probably pick up an Apple Watch if it was $50

Yeah

Do the biometrics and fitness stuff work better than like a Fitbit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
You're not a bad parent for sleeping in the same bed as your child.

Unless it's like, 17 at the time.

• Locked thread