Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

lohli posted:

It means you have old completed challenges you haven't collected the reward for, log in to club.ubi.com and click on Siege then challenges to collect on them and then you should be able to add more challenges in game right away.

Perfect, I was expecting it was something like this. Thank you!

EDIT: will the Y1 operators bundle be purchasable forever? Or does Ubisoft intend to drop it from the store page at some point in the future?

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Deltasquid posted:

EDIT: will the Y1 operators bundle be purchasable forever? Or does Ubisoft intend to drop it from the store page at some point in the future?

Well they don't exactly tell us most of their plans ahead of time but as a company that exists for the purpose of making money do you think they'd remove the ability for players to pay money to unlock something?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

They've done it before. Exclusivity drives future sales.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

my kinda ape posted:

Well they don't exactly tell us most of their plans ahead of time but as a company that exists for the purpose of making money do you think they'd remove the ability for players to pay money to unlock something?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They've done it before. Exclusivity drives future sales.

Exactly this. If the idea is "buy your goodies with our funbux RIGHT NOW or grind for 120 hours starting next month" you bet your rear end people will be tempted to buy it before they're locked out forever.

Otherwise there'd be no point in the exclusivity of seasonal skins etc either.

I don't expect Ubisoft to pull the pack without any announcement but I jumped into the siege ship rather late (during Y2) so maybe they mentioned the pack being time-limited at some point and I missed it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It's probably going to be the previous season pack. So s2 replaces it in s3

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Possible, but purely cosmetic weapon skins are pretty different from playable characters. I guess worst case you could still buy them with clancybucks for x% more than the pack would cost you. How much of a savings is the pack anyway?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://i.redd.it/k1ysg2s7w6py.png

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

my kinda ape posted:

Possible, but purely cosmetic weapon skins are pretty different from playable characters. I guess worst case you could still buy them with clancybucks for x% more than the pack would cost you. How much of a savings is the pack anyway?

50% which is why I'm eyeing it. If it stays for a year or more I'll nab it at some point in the future and invest my renown on Y2 operators. If not then I'll reconsider this plan.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/8o0vq

RocketSurgery
Feb 11, 2009

terminator 2 ash

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

:stare:

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

BattlEye is going on a genocide run today. Each match I played had 3 or 4 notifications each.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

BattlEye is going on a genocide run today. Each match I played had 3 or 4 notifications each.

I say Ban em All, Let God Sort em out.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Going to be taking potshots from that angle at the start of every round on Oregon now, thanks

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Going to be taking potshots from that angle at the start of every round on Oregon now, thanks

I was thinking the same thing.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I've got a handful of the guys in my class playing this now. You're welcome, Hard.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Uniforms are so expensive :\

I'd be more tempted to get some if they were like 10 dollars.

The only reason I even have 1 is from the r6 creds you get from buying the season passes.

Moop moop

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They are really expensive for being simple retextures.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

They are ~elite~ skins not poor skins

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sdoots posted:

I've got a handful of the guys in my class playing this now. You're welcome, Hard.

:hfive:

Also, i really like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA-nuwU1BAE

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Buff Castle by giving him the ability to limbo under the doorway castle panels at full running speed.

TIA.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They've managed to add a new headgear for Jager that is totally busted. That quality control :allears:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

All of Jager's headgear is busted apparently. Remember the rodent?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

That got real weird real quick.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I've been watching a lot of Macie Jay's videos, and the more I watch, the more I become convinced he's using some form of aid. There'll be little tells in his highlights, like the crosshairs quickly nudging in one direction, before resetting, giving him an idea of where the enemy is. Sometimes, it's outright bogus how his aim clicks onto the enemy, and you'll see it jutter and stagger, before the enemy dies and his cursor resets. He also has a very strange habit whereby he 100% nails coming out of ironsights the second an enemy dies, without any visual confirmation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvJgZoMGCDE

In that video, jump to 5:28. His crosshair keeps locking onto Valkyrie. Then again at 9:07, the crosshair nudges slightly to where the enemy is hiding, giving him a general idea that there's an enemy there.

Am I just being dumb and this is what skill looks like, or is it plausible he's making a poo poo tonne of money off of YT clips and decided to invest in some sort of aimbot?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Loopoo posted:

Am I just being dumb and this is what skill looks like, or is it plausible he's making a poo poo tonne of money off of YT clips and decided to invest in some sort of aimbot?

Streamers generally have a shitton of extra accounts to gently caress with the matchmaking; he's probably playing against bronze/silvers.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Streamers generally have a shitton of extra accounts to gently caress with the matchmaking; he's probably playing against bronze/silvers.

That's more likely. But that still doesn't explain the really weird behaviours I see in so many of his videos, but it's like no one else calls him out on it? He's smart about it though, a lot of his highlight videos are genuine highlights, but every so often there'll be a kill he gets that just makes me think "nah man, even using sound, and map sense, and being skilled, that doesn't account for the way your crosshair straight up locked onto that dudes head". Or his sixth sense when it comes to where enemies are hiding.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Loopoo posted:

That's more likely. But that still doesn't explain the really weird behaviours I see in so many of his videos, but it's like no one else calls him out on it? He's smart about it though, a lot of his highlight videos are genuine highlights, but every so often there'll be a kill he gets that just makes me think "nah man, even using sound, and map sense, and being skilled, that doesn't account for the way your crosshair straight up locked onto that dudes head". Or his sixth sense when it comes to where enemies are hiding.

https://streamable.com/xwid
https://streamable.com/ysrm
https://streamable.com/rfwc
https://streamable.com/8bon
https://streamable.com/uawc
https://streamable.com/fhy4

Sometimes you just luck into it.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 4, 2017

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
It would help your argument if you linked to some of these supposed tool assisted incidents.

here's some real cheating
look at this fuckboy youtuber inhumanly snapping to the guys head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqPaI0-Ad0U&t=17s

Wooper fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 4, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Loopoo posted:

I've been watching a lot of Macie Jay's videos, and the more I watch, the more I become convinced he's using some form of aid. There'll be little tells in his highlights, like the crosshairs quickly nudging in one direction, before resetting, giving him an idea of where the enemy is. Sometimes, it's outright bogus how his aim clicks onto the enemy, and you'll see it jutter and stagger, before the enemy dies and his cursor resets. He also has a very strange habit whereby he 100% nails coming out of ironsights the second an enemy dies, without any visual confirmation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvJgZoMGCDE

In that video, jump to 5:28. His crosshair keeps locking onto Valkyrie. Then again at 9:07, the crosshair nudges slightly to where the enemy is hiding, giving him a general idea that there's an enemy there.

...are you talking about when he leans at 9:07? His crosshair didn't "nudge" he literally used the Lean button to lean over.

Also, he's a real young dude who drinks Red Bull while he games, his reflexes are crazy.

EDIT: Oh right, here's my hack that I'm going to get banned for.

https://streamable.com/isoj5

Qubee
May 31, 2013

The video I posted has two bits that I think are a bit unrealistic from human reactions.

Admiral Joeslop, I'm not talking about the lean. At 9:07 just before he kills the guy, his cursor nudges over twice to where the guy is hiding. The stair kill against Valkyrie is also very weird cause it's juttering and locking on and off.

All the clips you guys posted are 100% believable. Your cursors aren't snapping onto poo poo. If I saw that, I'd think nothing of it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Loopoo posted:

The video I posted has two bits that I think are a bit unrealistic from human reactions.

Admiral Joeslop, I'm not talking about the lean. At 9:07 just before he kills the guy, his cursor nudges over twice to where the guy is hiding. The stair kill against Valkyrie is also very weird cause it's juttering and locking on and off.

All the clips you guys posted are 100% believable. Your cursors aren't snapping onto poo poo. If I saw that, I'd think nothing of it.

He's not snapping anything. He's looking exactly where he expects them to be due to a combination of experience and map knowledge. His first few shots on the second guy are above his head because he saw him and​ started firing before he aimed. In the Valk clip, he specifically mentions luring another person. He sets the breach then goes to look at the only place Valk could have come from in that time. You might not be able to hear it but if your sound is high enough in your headphones or speakers while playing, you can hear things with shocking detail to location.

He's just really drat good at the game.

Edit: I'm really quick to call shenanigans in this game (I did so just a week ago!) and I've never had that thought about Macie. This is high level play.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 4, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Fair enough. I was a bit disheartened cause I love his videos, and then that sneaking suspicion that maybe he's cheating was niggling in the back of my mind. I just gotta git gud

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I played against Macie Jay a few times and I'm pretty sure he is like level 330.

Dude literally just plays siege for a living

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
What Joeslop said.

Looking at his vid he just has map knowledge. He aims at head level and follow the map flow. Nothing really next level in this clip but for a guy who (used to?) main pulse he knows the maps veeeeeerry well.

Also, by no means is this meant to be a 100% failsafe but i've seen Macie play up close like my two hands on his chair shaking it talking poo poo in his ears so Serenity can gently caress him up. That guy is just real good. We invite him to our events, he got sponsored videos, if he ever decided to cheat while under the spotlight i'd by really surprised.

Plus its his own drat editing, of course he will showcases the nice shots.

Also, have some Siege news:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TTS/comments/63h1g3/technical_test_2_patch_notes_1step_matchmaking/

quote:

The second test on the Technical Test Server is bringing exciting new changes that we are really looking forward to getting feedback on. We welcome all of our invited players to try out the new changes below starting when the server will be open on April 5th at 19:00 CEST / 18:00 BST / 1PM EDT until April 7th at 16:00 CEST / 15:00 BST / 10AM EDT. The TTS is still in its limited invite phase, and no new invites were sent out for this TTS phase. If you were able to participate in the previous test, you will have access to this one as well!
We would like to clarify that the TTS client is built off of several different builds at various stages of development, and this does not mean that all features seen on the TTS will make it to the final game. There is a lot that is conceptualized and discarded throughout the development process, and there are chances that an idea that was postponed/cancelled can make its way into the TTS as a result.
Please note that we are not ready to communicate a date for when any feature in the TTS will be deployed in the Live environment.
1-Step Matchmaking

1-Step Matchmaking introduces many new menu and online flows that we would gladly have you try to break to make sure we are solid at launch. One feature that 1-Step Matchmaking will allow us to implement is Interactive Matchmaking. This will test the process of changing loadouts while matchmaking a game. Please let us know what you think!
Hitbox Changes

We have heard the community’s wish for improved hitboxes, especially for certain operators with large head hitboxes like Blitz. We are very happy to announce that, in this coming phase of the TTS, you will see the foundation of our work on restructuring of the hitboxes for all our operators presently in the game. This change is a work in progress, but the goal is to make it so that everything that is not part of what we would expect to be the human body of the operators (extended pieces of clothing, pouches, earmuffs, bags, accessories, you name it) will not be part of the hitboxes.
This not only balances several operators, but it allows for greater creative freedom for our artists when designing future operators. Test it out and leave your feedback.
Item Rarity

With the introduction of Alpha Packs in the future, we need a new way of classifying all of our customization items in a way that made sense with our drop rates. So we will be introducing item rarity to the test server on April 5th. This will not have any impact on your gameplay, and the rarity classification for every item is not final. All items’ rarity are placeholders in the TTS.
The Rarity structure will be the following:
Common
Uncommon
Rare
Epic
Legendary
Map Availability

Given that our primary focus for this test is not on bug hunting throughout maps, there will only be three maps available. They are as follows:
House
Consulate
Chalet
Feel free to refer back to our Technical Test Server FAQ for any additional questions, and post your feedback directly in this subreddit.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Once it clicked in my head to keep my sights at head level as often as I can, I've gotten the drop on people and headshot them instead of spraying their torso.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I can literally not help but aim center mass. Played too much insurgency before siege and I just can't break the habit

Gets me killed when people 180 headshot me on their first shot even after I get a few out

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://gfycat.com/ObedientGaseousGermanpinscher

Livin' the dream.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Not sure if I'm more amazed at that headshot or Valk being an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

IceOrb posted:

Buff Castle by giving him the ability to limbo under the doorway castle panels at full running speed.

TIA.

The ol' Barbados Slim maneuver ... I love it!

• Locked thread