Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Fitzy Fitz posted:

There are zombies in this show?

No. Just walkers.

Space Crabs posted:

The same reason they ignored Negan after their successful Teleport and how Negan walked right through Hilltop who came through the front gate to get into a Truck that he spontaneously created inside the walls to drive out through the road block and other vehicles blocking the road that he apparently magically cleared so completely the cars no longer existed

The Walking Dead takes places in the Harry Potter universe.
Look at this Muggle. :smug:
(Smuggle)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

redleader posted:

Still not sure what this actually means. loving garbage people.

pacifist kleptos

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Maggie has had some pretty bad lines lately. A few episodes ago she said something stupid about how her PVC trellises would double their tomatoes per square foot. What the gently caress does square footage have to do with it, Maggie?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Maggie darkened her hair to mourn Glenn I guess

So did Rick actually say Negan to the trash people? How did they know where to find Negan and why would Negan trust the trash people

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Maggie has had some pretty bad lines lately. A few episodes ago she said something stupid about how her PVC trellises would double their tomatoes per square foot. What the gently caress does square footage have to do with it, Maggie?

Not having seen the episode you're referring to I take it she meant that they could produce twice the tomatoes in the same area of soil. Tomatoes can be trained to grow like vines, if space is limited you can increase productivity that way, rather than just letting them wildly grow all over the ground.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah, it was the line that was dumb and awkward. "This'll help us grow more tomatoes" is how actual people talk--not "this will double our yield of tomatoes per square foot"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah, it was the line that was dumb and awkward. "This'll help us grow more tomatoes" is how actual people talk--not "this will double our yield of tomatoes per square foot"

They're stuck in a wall compound with a limited area to grow produce. "how many square feet should we dedicate to tomatoes" would be a perfectly reasonable thing to talk about

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They should go steal a greenhouse, but also check to see if there's any dead guys in it first before laying down

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I didn't even know Alexandria had a back door.

I think there was an episode about Alexandria having a secret underground entrance.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're stuck in a wall compound with a limited area to grow produce. "how many square feet should we dedicate to tomatoes" would be a perfectly reasonable thing to talk about

It's a bad line and I don't know how else to put it. You're defending the writing on a show that just had the same character yell "phalanx out."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's a bad line and I don't know how else to put it. You're defending the writing on a show that just had the same character yell "phalanx out."

It's a perfectly reasonable line. There is so much wrong with this show, I will go to the mat for it on the few parts that they didn't gently caress up

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

No, dude. No one is dividing Alexandria up into square feet. They aren't getting out their rulers to measure it. "We'll save space if we grow them on trellises" is how normal people talk.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

moist turtleneck posted:

Maggie darkened her hair to mourn Glenn I guess

So did Rick actually say Negan to the trash people? How did they know where to find Negan and why would Negan trust the trash people

They are garbage collectors. Who do you imagine performs that public utility function?
The 14 versus 10 was a debate over frequency of pickup.

Sheesh.

Rick will next attempt to get the lawn maintenence union on his side and fail.... again.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

She yelled "Phallics out". As in "rock out with your phallics out".

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 4, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Who cares about armies and cars teleporting, the real problem here is the correct technical classifications and measurements for tomato plants and of the proper nomenclature used during a single throwaway line about tomatoes.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm just dogpiling on the bad writing. I don't know why people are getting all goony about it.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Fog Tripper posted:

They are garbage collectors. Who do you imagine performs that public utility function?
The 14 versus 10 was a debate over frequency of pickup.

I assumed it was over how many Alexandrians the Trashkru would get to keep.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

^burtle posted:

I assumed it was over how many Alexandrians the Trashkru would get to keep.

Keep for...?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Fog Tripper posted:

Keep for...?

To add to their numbers? Why would they approach the Saviors just to have to start paying tribute to them.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Maybe the Saviors had this deal prior to the group coming to the Junkyard that if anyone ever tried to unite the colonies against them that they would be the inside man and the Saviors would in return leave them alone.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If anyone is dumb enough to trust you mush mouthed shorthand speaking retards we want you on our side so you can have first pick of who gets to bang Rick first

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fog Tripper posted:

Keep for...?

sexing

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Watched the finale last night. I couldn't tell what was going on with Sasha at first, honestly it just looked like she was receiving mediocre oral while listening to an iPod.

Also, I just came across this: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/03/the-walking-dead-showrunner-scott-gimple-previews-fast-moving-more-intense-season-8

"The Walking Dead Showrunner Scott Gimple Previews 'Fast-Moving,' 'More Intense' Season 8"

""The first 4 episodes will melt people’s minds and break their televisions.""
" 'I say it’s going to be bigger, it’s going to be more intense. I say these things and I’ve meant them every year and I think we’ve actually accomplished that,' Gimple said on AMC's Talking Dead after show"

So by "melt people's minds and break their televisions," is he implying that next season will be paced like a normal loving TV show?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Acacia REI posted:

So by "melt people's minds and break their televisions," is he implying that next season will be paced like a normal loving TV show?

It means everything past season 2 was a fever dream by Carl.
He wakes up and walks downstais to see T-Dawg, Glenn, Hershall, Shane, and Lori.
Lori still dies by the end of the episode though.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Fog Tripper posted:

Keep for...?
To skin and use to test out their new zombie costumes idea.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Acacia REI posted:

Watched the finale last night. I couldn't tell what was going on with Sasha at first, honestly it just looked like she was receiving mediocre oral while listening to an iPod.

Okay so I'm not crazy, I was asking my girlfriend "Is she masturbating?!" then when they revealed the coffin thing I was like.....uh....

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

The Walking Dead takes places in the Harry Potter universe.
Having The Walking Dead take place in the Harry Potter universe but from an all muggle perspective makes the show make so much more sense. Like the truck-flip was some off-screen good Samaritan wizard at the right place and right time casting a spell on the back of the truck as it fell. Ninja zombies and herds appearing out of nowhere are from wizards teleporting walkers away from them and they just end up where Rick & Co are. Negan's plot armor - explained. Shot-guns that fire forever were charmed to never run out of ammo and the characters using them just didn't think twice in the heat of the moment.

It would also explain a lot about FTWD and all the destruction the characters leave in their wake because Nick is literally one of Voldemort's horcruxes and all the other characters are affected by association lol

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Would the Trash People have betrayed Alexandria if Michonne had shared Rick? Sharing is caring.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Acacia REI posted:

Having The Walking Dead take place in the Harry Potter universe but from an all muggle perspective makes the show make so much more sense. Like the truck-flip was some off-screen good Samaritan wizard at the right place and right time casting a spell on the back of the truck as it fell. Ninja zombies and herds appearing out of nowhere are from wizards teleporting walkers away from them and they just end up where Rick & Co are. Negan's plot armor - explained. Shot-guns that fire forever were charmed to never run out of ammo and the characters using them just didn't think twice in the heat of the moment.

It would also explain a lot about FTWD and all the destruction the characters leave in their wake because Nick is literally one of Voldemort's horcruxes and all the other characters are affected by association lol

See? Negan just threw on his cloak of invisibility and walked through the Hilltop army before casting an "Accio Truckus Armorlus" spell to summon his truck from outside the walls and then flew over the traffic jam of all those cars and Sasha's Coffin Truck, making them disappear as he flew over so that the Alexandrians wouldn't know how powerful of a wizard he is by maintaining the illusion he somehow drove away and hope they forgot the traffic jam ever existed.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Fitzy Fitz posted:

No, dude. No one is dividing Alexandria up into square feet. They aren't getting out their rulers to measure it. "We'll save space if we grow them on trellises" is how normal people talk.

Except for Eugene.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You ever hit those people who's parents did something for a living that try to replicate the lingo and act like they're experts at it?

Yeah she came off more like that.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's a perfectly reasonable line. There is so much wrong with this show, I will go to the mat for it on the few parts that they didn't gently caress up

Phalanx Out! is not a reasonable line because:

A) They were not forming a Phalanx.
B) They were not in any kind of formation.
C) They were in a gunfight.

It'd be like if Ezikiel went in screaming "Testudo formation!!!" It means jack poo poo unless they've got shields and are, you know, actually doing Testudo.

ED: I only mention it because an ACTUAL Phalanx or Testudo would wreck the poo poo out of zombies and it's dumb nobody's picked up a history book to do it. They would also be absolutely 100% worthless against guns.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 4, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

If anyone is dumb enough to trust you mush mouthed shorthand speaking retards we want you on our side so you can have first pick of who gets to bang Rick first

You know they should just say gently caress it and make the trash people's story that they were all the most autistic of sci-fi nerds, who were all at the same con together before the zombie apocalypse, and being that kind of sci-fi nerd they all had zombie killing kits in their cars

So now they roam the wasteland LARP'ing their dumb idea of a post-apocalyptic society living in garbage

ED: Either that or they all literally were in a mental health facility

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Fog Tripper posted:

I enjoyed that the smoke bombs blinded everyone but the garbage group (that did not appear to lose anyone but the one Mischonne killed) who then went on to magically group up and waltz as a herd out the front gates.

Anyone notice the lack of zombies walkers attracted to the all out gunfight?

It didn't look like they were taking care to aim for the head during the gunfight, with people bleeding out of their stomachs, probably because there would be too much gore if all the humans looked visibly shot in the head, so I was wondering at the time about walkers coming back, but show rules are that walkers come back immediately only when the story needs it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Ezekiel screaming 'testudo' would actually be in character for him, because ezekiel has been established as a pretty outlandish dude. It works for him.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

See? Negan just threw on his cloak of invisibility and walked through the Hilltop army before casting an "Accio Truckus Armorlus" spell to summon his truck from outside the walls and then flew over the traffic jam of all those cars and Sasha's Coffin Truck, making them disappear as he flew over so that the Alexandrians wouldn't know how powerful of a wizard he is by maintaining the illusion he somehow drove away and hope they forgot the traffic jam ever existed.

They should kill Negan off in the S8 premier and the rest of the season is Rick's crew searching for his horcruxes.

One of them is that trash cat sculpture at the entrance to the garbage compound.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

galenanorth posted:

It didn't look like they were taking care to aim for the head during the gunfight, with people bleeding out of their stomachs, probably because there would be too much gore if all the humans looked visibly shot in the head, so I was wondering at the time about walkers coming back.

My favorite thing about the gunfight is Alexandria only has one gate, and they had to have taken a gate to get the Tiger through. The gate has a row of garbage people on it to cover the retreat that we JUST established have bird calls. Yet nobody stopped or warned anyone of the people coming through the gate, I guess.

Actually, see, that right there is what I'm talking about with the lovely lovely directing. That would have been a setup / payoff, instead of the poo poo we got:

Setup: Showing how the garbage people coordinate through bird calls all over the facility, from many hidden vantage points and such.

Payoff: Instead of the dumb last second tiger out of nowhere, they could have instead had the scene interrupted by bird calls (subtle in the background while Rick/Negan are talking) that get more and more and more noisy until someone is like "What the gently caress is going on with--" then you find out the re-enforcements are pouring through the gate.

Panzeh posted:

Ezekiel screaming 'testudo' would actually be in character for him, because ezekiel has been established as a pretty outlandish dude. It works for him.

Except if he screamed "Testudo" then ran into the middle of a field firing a handgun, that's not Testudo. That's my problem with it. They just used a term that had no baring on anything going on.

Now if she said "FLANK out," that would have made sense. Maybe the writers, and by extension Maggie, are so dumb they think Phalanx is Flanking. While I have no idea when or how Maggie picked it up (it'd be good to establish) it would be cool to have the spear-wielding Hilltop people form ACTUAL Phalanx against zombies.

ED: It just hit me what's going on. I remember someone posted a panel ages ago where Hilltop screams something about Phalanx, so they were probably trying to copy that. Unfortunately also in that actual comic panel, they were trying to form an actual Phalanx (badly) and not charge forward firing full auto.

Acacia REI posted:

They should kill Negan off in the S8 premier and the rest of the season is Rick's crew searching for his horcruxes.

One of them is that trash cat sculpture at the entrance to the garbage compound.

I have a theory that Simon was supposed to die in that battle as the big change, except AMC saw the fact that people like Ogg's character way more than Negan, whom they so clearly want to turn into merchandise sales.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 4, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Again, wasn't there an episode about Alexandria having a secret underground entrance, or is that a false memory?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Lycus posted:

Again, wasn't there an episode about Alexandria having a secret underground entrance, or is that a false memory?

Hilltop had one in a recent episode

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Phalanx Out! is not a reasonable line because:

A) They were not forming a Phalanx.
B) They were not in any kind of formation.
C) They were in a gunfight.

Wasn't that just a codename?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Alexandria had an entrance through the sewer and Maggie touched the poo

That's why her hair changed colors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Hilltop had one in a recent episode

Long time ago, during the "Glenn is (not) dead" saga, maybe.