Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah dont read my spoiler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Snak posted:

So barely started lol.

Yeah,I kinda got distracted by Horizon Zero Dawn for a while.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

VolticSurge posted:

I was wondering-do you ever go back to the Bunker or whatever the space station is called? I kinda missed the self-destruct ending .

you can go back anytime from the save point in the resistance camp

or you'll shortly be able to go back there at any time from anywhere

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

SHISHKABOB posted:

It suddenly hit me when I murdered the robot with the suit on. He was the dad of the kid who kept locking himself in his room because he wanted 9S to break him out. It was an "aw poo poo :(" moment. Kind of murdered the rest of them with a little bit less wild abandon.
That was jean-paul the robo-pimp!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Nope, Jean-Paul is a different character.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
I love this game more than I've loved a game in a very long time

okay that was my post thanks for reading!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
It was a good read and i agree.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just finished playing through routes C D and E last night, clocked 45 hours or so while just kind of taking it slow and doing lots of sidequests. 80% quest completion. There's still loads to do, and I'm glad because I don't want to stop playing yet. :saddowns:

For anyone just getting into it, if there is one thing I could have done differently I wouldn't have been so careful about doing like every little quest that popped up while running A and B the first time. It's easy to get overleveled playing on normal, and while it's still lot's of fun, it never really felt as challenging as it was during Route A. If you find yourself getting sidequest fatigue, just advance the story, you can come back and do them all later.

route c stuff: Is there some trick to using A2's berserk properly? I have a chipset that's loaded up with weapon damage, deadly heal, and HP+ and just quaff shitloads of restoratives. It's fun to zerk on mobs and was even kind of useful for speeding along some boss flights but it seems like it's mostly there for fun and style.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

and here's the source

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Where's Anemone! :rant:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

SHISHKABOB posted:

Where's Anemone! :rant:

(Route E Spoilers) Still alive.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ixjuvin posted:

(Route E Spoilers) Still alive.

Oh, I get it now.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I love that smug li'l emil in the corner

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Oxxidation posted:

That entire sequence did nothing for me, mostly because it was so expected. Enjoyed playing Rock'em Sock'em Robots with Pascal, though.

Also, If you go to the village with 9S you can see the destroyed village before you see it actually happen with A2. So... No surprise there.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So I'm trying to do the stamp quest. I've already beaten the area, but the NPC to start it isn't showing up. Is there another trigger I need to wait for, or is my game just bugging. PC version.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

everythingWasBees posted:

So I'm trying to do the stamp quest. I've already beaten the area, but the NPC to start it isn't showing up. Is there another trigger I need to wait for, or is my game just bugging. PC version.

If you mean you just completed it, like just just, it hasn't appeared yet. You need to wait for the next main plot beat.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Just advance the story a bit more, he'll show up eventually.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I'm very late to this thread but should I still buy this game if I really like Devil May Cry, fighting games and WESTERN RPGS and don't like Anime or JRPGs at all?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Eh.... How much do you like existentialist scifi?

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

Spermanent Record posted:

I'm very late to this thread but should I still buy this game if I really like Devil May Cry, fighting games and WESTERN RPGS and don't like Anime or JRPGs at all?

You don't like Anime, but you really like Devil May Cry.....

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

It's weird to me to just blanket dislike all anime ( and jrpgs, for that matter. There's a world of difference between, say, crono trigger and SMT), but the answer is probably no. The combat is fun but pretty straightforward, and becomes more frustrating than anything at higher difficulties. And the game is pretty anime in a lot of ways.

Edit: oh wow yeah, devil may cry is super anime. Maybe you like it more than you think!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's true, DMC is pretty fuckin anime...

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

DMC is incredibly anime unless he means the reboot thing from Ninja theory?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm anime

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

A Cup of Ramen posted:

DMC is incredibly anime unless he means the reboot thing from Ninja theory?

That game got a lot of hate, but it was passable. The only really memorable thing about it was going into a notfox news segment and fighting demon notbillOreilly.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

No Jackass, 2/10

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I know someone who plays DBZ games but won't even consider this game because it's anime weeb garbage.

It's a bit infuriating, as someone who doesn't even like anime.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

My fave part of this game is having a serious dramatic cutscene but in the background Emil is zooming around blasting his theme music.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pwnstar posted:

My fave part of this game is having a serious dramatic cutscene but in the background Emil is zooming around blasting his theme music.

The game is waxing poetic about huamnity and android emotions and carving your own path in life and then suddenly skiddley bop diddle doooooo

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

me too

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

warhammer651 posted:

You don't like Anime, but you really like Devil May Cry.....

I like the gameplay. Dante was a fun character, I guess. I don't have anything against (non-perv) anime. I just don't have time for other media in my life anymore.

I mean if you you like the gameplay of DMC will Nier provide the same satisfying combos and er, thump?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Beefstew posted:

No Jackass, 2/10

she isnt dead enough to be there

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Something I only noticed reading TDI's LP, is there a reason there was another E-type model accompanying that opening mission? I didn't think they sent those out for routine combat missions, and 2B was already there for 9S.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Something I only noticed reading TDI's LP, is there a reason there was another E-type model accompanying that opening mission? I didn't think they sent those out for routine combat missions, and 2B was already there for 9S.

It has been speculated that the other E model was there to takeout 11B, who was planning to desert.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

CJacobs posted:

The game is waxing poetic about huamnity and android emotions and carving your own path in life and then suddenly skiddley bop diddle doooooo
Please, "Every day is great when you're me!" is an important philosophy and he's right to share it with all these other sad saps.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I like the gameplay. Dante was a fun character, I guess. I don't have anything against (non-perv) anime. I just don't have time for other media in my life anymore.

I mean if you you like the gameplay of DMC will Nier provide the same satisfying combos and er, thump?

Not even close.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah automata's combat is good but it's a step below a full-fledged character action game in terms of depth and complexity.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Yoko Taro has ruined gaming for me, this game just blew me away and I can't get it out of my head.
I have some other games that I wanted to play trough after N:A but they just come off as shallow experiences in comparison now.

What a beautiful loving game this was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Snak posted:

That game got a lot of hate, but it was passable. The only really memorable thing about it was going into a notfox news segment and fighting demon notbillOreilly.

It was honestly a pretty decent game that got a lot of undeserved hate. It's very easy compared to the original, but the gameplay is way above par for a hack & slash.