Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Spoeank posted:

To tell you how beautiful you are, inside and out, every day.
Good vows but uh way to overpromise, bitch. You definitely missed a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Vows are lies anyway.

Like hell I put her first when football's on amirite fellas

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I graduated from a Jesuit Catholic HS and I was no joke super religious at the time, albeit pretty progressive (and still am). The school focused a lot on fellowship, helping the poor, all the cool stuff that you'd generally agree with. When I went to college, I knew I should stick with being involved in campus ministry, so I joined the one affiliated with my school. Things... were different. It was much more politically motivated. One of the main people there was a mega anti-abortionist. He once gave a speech about how one of his nightmares was that when he passed away, he'd go to heaven, and Jesus would lead him into a room filled with barrels of aborted children and ask "Tom, why didn't you do anything to stop this?" The guy graduated, had like 7 kids and still goes to street corners to hold signs protesting abortion. I looked him up on facebook, and he's already a racist uncle user.

It was an overall generally creepy experience which more or less turned me off to church for a long time. I started dating my current girlfriend, also Catholic, who invited me to her church. The church is super progressive and very diverse, and during the prayers of the faithful, they actually call for people to understand that black lives matter. The church you attend can really make or break your worldview.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

If you're married to the right person, having a spouse loving owns

This. I'm apparently some unrelatable weirdo because even my best man said a few days before the ceremony "Gee Quiet Feet, I never thought you'd find anybody." I can't imagine being with anyone other than my wife right now. She's an awesome lady. :)

Also re: cheaping out on a photographer, we did that but lucked out. My wife's cousin was an amateur photographer (with good equipment) and the dude did an amazing job. If you'd just walked in and saw him you'd have assumed he was hired. I think he took about 1,000 pics total. We also left disposable cameras on each table so that people could take random pictures if they wanted. Which probably seems pointless what with cell phones these days, but if you have any older guests they might make use of them.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I won my NCAA Bracket at work without being able to tell you a single player outside of Lonzo Ball (and that is purely because of his crazy father) and received a nice $70 amazon gift card. Thank you UNC. Thank you refs.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Half of you are going to be divorced. The other half will be married but unhappy.

Old Jizzy D will be living the life alone in his trailer with 3-9 ferrets.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Half of you are going to be divorced.

Statistically, yes, bitter jizz despository.

It's nice to have happiness even if it's fleeting tho

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Diqnol posted:

Statistically, yes, bitter jizz despository.

It's nice to have happiness even if it's fleeting tho

Happiness is 3-9 ferrets.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Happiness is 3-9 ferrets.

aren't ferrets stinky

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

a patagonian cavy posted:

aren't ferrets stinky

Yeah they're miserable little cunts. And super stinky. I don't have any and people who do are insane. I thought about what pets would be sadder than a bunch of cats living with an old sad person in a trailer, and wingo bingo ferrets were the winner.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Also here's a quote that made me laugh.

Maya Fey posted:

women have their first child at 25 on average and they live in a constant state of 24-style countdown where jack bauer keeps yelling that if they wait too long their kid is going to come out retarded

I asked my lady friends if this was correct and the general response was "Yeah, I am willing to settle for people who will make a good dad" lmao

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Wingo bingo?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Bad Moon posted:

Wingo bingo?
Clearly you don't volunteer at retirement communities. I'm fully certified to pilot this adrenaline machine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDqQtXTXzHg

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

This. I'm apparently some unrelatable weirdo because even my best man said a few days before the ceremony "Gee Quiet Feet, I never thought you'd find anybody." I can't imagine being with anyone other than my wife right now. She's an awesome lady. :)

Also re: cheaping out on a photographer, we did that but lucked out. My wife's cousin was an amateur photographer (with good equipment) and the dude did an amazing job. If you'd just walked in and saw him you'd have assumed he was hired. I think he took about 1,000 pics total. We also left disposable cameras on each table so that people could take random pictures if they wanted. Which probably seems pointless what with cell phones these days, but if you have any older guests they might make use of them.

:same:
We've been through a lot, and somehow it just gets easier every day. I supported her through depression and med school, and when I was underemployed after a really lovely corporate layoff, she refused to let me take a job I'd hate. We complement each other extremely well, and it's awesome to know that even if a lot of bad poo poo happens we've got a strongass pillar to lean on.

Re: photos
As much as it's groanworthy, making a hashtag for Instagram is stupid good for reception photos if you like candids

Also, talk to local photog students if you really want to cheap out on photos. Or hmu. I need to ditch my Nikon system because it can't handle video as well as I need it to for my new job, so I need as much cash as I can get for either a Sony a7sII or panny GH5

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I want a sugar glider

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

a neat cape posted:

I want a sugar glider

They seem like fun buddies and also awful to care for.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
All this wedding talk makes me remember just how ridiculous teenage/young adult heartbreak is. It took me a year to get over a woman when I was 21 because "SHE WAS PERFECT, YOU ALL DON'T UNDERSTAND".

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

a neat cape posted:

I want a sugar glider

Dogs are the only acceptable pets

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Clearly you don't volunteer at retirement communities. I'm fully certified to pilot this adrenaline machine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDqQtXTXzHg

As part of my job I get asked where I'm from and have seen an ocean of wrinkly old man rear end. I'll not hang with old folks on my own time if I can avoid it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Bad Moon posted:

As part of my job I get asked where I'm from

Always answer ridiculously, my latest is Mexico

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Always answer ridiculously, my latest is Mexico

I'm half American/Korean and I enjoy honestly answering Italy to their confusion

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Dogs are the only acceptable pets

I don't have a yard tho

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah they're miserable little cunts. And super stinky. I don't have any and people who do are insane. I thought about what pets would be sadder than a bunch of cats living with an old sad person in a trailer, and wingo bingo ferrets were the winner.

Cats are great though. The girlfriend has three cats and they're all real good

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Bad Moon posted:

I'm half American/Korean and I enjoy honestly answering Italy to their confusion

I am an ambiguously brown man in the suburbs of Chicago and I always answer New Jersey.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
As a brown man living in Chicago proper I never get asked that question

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Eli Wiggum posted:

As a brown man living in Chicago proper I never get asked that question

You clearly don't hang around enough old, white people. What part of the city are you in?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lincoln Park, under a half mile west of the Zoo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I've seen you in two different timezones irl

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I need to visit San Diego again

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cats are great though. The girlfriend has three cats and they're all real good

Ok you have reached the quota for cats.

One more and your girlfriend becomes crazy cat lady.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eli Wiggum posted:

I need to visit San Diego again

Same re: Chicago

I haven't been to Noble Experiment since we went

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

I haven't been to Noble Experiment since we went
That place owned

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Eli Wiggum posted:

Lincoln Park, under a half mile west of the Zoo

I went on a date with a cute girl once back when Pokemon Go was the rage and went to a place called Lincoln Park where we hunted Charmanders all day.

Well, that's my Lincoln Park story. Thanks for listening.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

A Man and his dog posted:

the degree to which someone is considered crazy is number of cats, squared. One cat great, two cats fine, three cats iffy, four or more cats nope.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

What about no cats

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
One time when I was an angsty middle schooler I went into Hot Topic with a vaguely goth friend. When we were in there he was like "I think this song just is some guy screaming shut up over and over." I told him nobody would be stupid enough to write a song like that.

Anyway that's my Linkin Park story.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

A Man and his dog posted:

we need a bigger house first and I need a lot of Claritin because I'm mildly allergic

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Qwijib0 posted:

the degree to which someone is considered crazy is number of cats, squared. One cat great, two cats fine, three cats iffy, four or more cats nope.

I looked into urban beekeeping on a whim a few weeks ago.

Are you a crazy person if you have like 20k pets that make delicious honey for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

we need a bigger house first and I need a lot of Claritin because I'm mildly allergic

So not only is your girlfriend crazy cat lady, but you are physically suffering because of it? I have a solution for you, find the nearest bucket, fill it with water, and report back for next steps...

• Locked thread