Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Attitude Indicator posted:

Just got the last main ending in N:automata. Such a good game.

does the fifth ending require another playthrough or is it something like a binary choice with the 4th ending that you can make an alternate save to see right away like the first game had?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Real hurthling! posted:

does the fifth ending require another playthrough or is it something like a binary choice with the 4th ending that you can make an alternate save to see right away like the first game had?

Binary choice, you can select it from the chapter select screen so you don't have to replay the entire 4th playthrough again. After that it leads you into the final story ending.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

binary choice and you don't even need a save because the chapter select that unlocks after the 3rd ending lets you pick up right on the choice itself

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Real hurthling! posted:

Endings 3 and 4 are a binary choice, and going back to try the other one is very fast. Ending 5 happens when you see both 3 and 4 (so also very fast).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DQH2 demo is up on the store

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Has anyone used the Razer or Nacon "pro" controllers that are out in the Europe but not the US?

I really like paddles and extra buttons but I'm fearful of the build quality on third party controllers.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It's been mentioned already but there's a Humble THQ/Nordic bundle going on right now: https://www.humblebundle.com/thq-nordic-playstation-bundle

Just a heads up, it's only for american countries, so EU/Asia goons do not purchase it: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004109187

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How well integrated into the game is Watch Dog's 2 multiplayer stuff? Is it coop play, or is there just a lot of scrappy death match stuff like in the first?

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Lobok posted:

My friend and I were just saying this seems to herald a substantial price drop. It's only gone down to $60 CDN a couple times:

https://psprices.com/region-ca/game/988325/dishonored-2

It's on Steam for half off right now but I kinda wanted to play it on PS4 because apparently the PC version had problems. I don't know though, $30 is pretty tempting.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

Does connecting the headphones directly to the PS4 vs the Soundblaster with no optical sound any different? If not, then it could be some noise picking up from a connection somewhere, which you're bypassing with the optical out.
You mean connecting headphones to the controller's headphone port? I never do that; the max volume is way too low. Or are you suggesting the PS4 itself has a headphone port somewhere I don't know about...?

haveblue posted:

Maybe the amp has some crappy "sound enhancer" feature that accidentally got turned on?
It does have features like that but there's a light that indicates where they are turned on or not, and it's definitely not lit.

Maybe I'll just get another, simpler USB DAC headphone amp.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Has anyone used the Razer or Nacon "pro" controllers that are out in the Europe but not the US?

I really like paddles and extra buttons but I'm fearful of the build quality on third party controllers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDdNupUziy8

Digital Foundry did a review on them a few days ago and they had mixed opinions. Neither seems worth the hassle of importing into the US.

There are three options for advanced input devices. The first is what's essentially a modded DS4 with rear buttons and trigger stops. This is what I did, and I went with Battle Beaver, though there are other companies doing this (Cinch/Sharq/AimControllers.) The second option is to buy an Xbox Elite controller and use a CronusMax, and the third is to give up and buy a XIM for kb/m. Whatever you do, don't buy a Scuf.

It confuses me that Sony hasn't put out a DS4 Elite given that PS4 is the lead platform for both Destiny and CoD, and the Elite controller has been a proven success.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Snak posted:

They don't want people watching the game instead of playin it

You wouldn't stream a car...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

poptart_fairy posted:

How well integrated into the game is Watch Dog's 2 multiplayer stuff? Is it coop play, or is there just a lot of scrappy death match stuff like in the first?

Very well integrated. You'll be driving around and suddenly an icon pops up on your map; if you drive over there you'll find a player doing something you can join in on just by also doing stuff in the same area, it's totally seamless. Or you can ignore it and it'll go away after a bit.

There are co-op missions where you both take on the AI, or you can hack the other guy and play hide and seek, or you can help the cops chase someone with a high wanted level (this is as close as it gets to traditional deathmatch).

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

haveblue posted:

There are co-op missions where you both take on the AI, or you can hack the other guy and play hide and seek, or you can help the cops chase someone with a high wanted level (this is as close as it gets to traditional deathmatch).
When you finish the mission you transition into Co-op Freeroam unless you drop out.
From that you can drive over to another mission, or you can start killing cops. Kill enough cops and the game will start sending other players at you.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

Often seamless like has been said. There is the hide and seek hacking mode , bounty hunter chases if you feel like doing that, random little co-op events, and the best part is the randomised co-op missions which have dynamic locations and objectives each time. Bite sized fun missions you can do with 2 players in a variety of ways.

Also coming in a free update in about 2 weeks is more pvp objective based 2 v 2 modes, and a new paintball gun weapon among other things.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Going to start nier. Is there a non spoiler guide for what to do to get endings? Or is it obvious and I should just play?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bombadilillo posted:

Going to start nier. Is there a non spoiler guide for what to do to get endings? Or is it obvious and I should just play?

The 5 real endings are unmissable, they happen automatically as you continue to play and repeat the main storyline. The ~20 fake/joke endings vary in obscurity and you should probably start looking for those with a guide when you're done with most everything else.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I have a question about Persona 5, the interrogation cell scenes are apparently set six months in the future, but the calendar wraps around all the way to March of the following year. I take it that framing device is only for half the game?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bombadilillo posted:

Enjoy the experience. As long as you keep playing you will see all you need to see. You can't lock yourself out of anything

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

it's very obvious and you don't have to do anything special. don't turn the game off at the credits and keep in mind that getting the 3rd story ending unlocks a chapter select that allows you to pick different points in the chapters to load in from, so if you think something could have gone differently then you can simply load directly into that point and check it out for yourself

there's nothing like nier or drakengard where you have to collect all the weapons or w/e to get the true ending

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I think It's kinda meaningless to call the main endings of Nier A "endings" when it's really just chapters in a story.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I would not at all be surprised if Yoko Taro wanted them to be called endings to troll dumb people.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the game literally calls them endings. they're listed on your save file

it'd be needlessly confusing to call them anything else when the game itself refers to them as such

e: the game also distinctly refers to something else as chapters, so that would make it even worse

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think It's kinda meaningless to call the main endings of Nier A "endings" when it's really just chapters in a story.

Isn't that what is meant to make it funny and unique

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Guillermus posted:

It's been mentioned already but there's a Humble THQ/Nordic bundle going on right now: https://www.humblebundle.com/thq-nordic-playstation-bundle

Just a heads up, it's only for american countries, so EU/Asia goons do not purchase it: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004109187

Absolutely worth it for Red Faction and Destroy All Humans 1 and 2. I didn't go for the Tier 3 15$ bundle since I've already played both Darksiders.

Is this the first Ps4 humble bundle? First one I've bought anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Snak posted:

I would not at all be surprised if Yoko Taro wanted them to be called endings to troll dumb people.

my bet is that the reason ending a and b are endings with credit rolls and everything is to trick people that played nier into not expecting what the 3rd playthrough would be like

I really doubt anyone thought of anything as malicious as what you're saying

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

the game literally calls them endings. they're listed on your save file

it'd be needlessly confusing to call them anything else when the game itself refers to them as such

e: the game also distinctly refers to something else as chapters, so that would make it even worse
I meant that the game itself calls them endings for confusing reasons.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Thanks to all who gave me Nier starting advice. I am going in with 0 aprehension about missing stuff now and will just enjoy it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

Thanks to all who gave me Nier starting advice. I am going in with 0 aprehension about missing stuff now and will just enjoy it.

Enjoy! The Nier: Automata thread is really cool and still pretty anal about spoilertags, so it should be safe for you to go there if you have any more questions :)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bombadilillo posted:

Once you've finished the main endings check out the joke secret ones because one of those is the only thing in the game that's permanently missable.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I just recently ran through a platinum run through of the first Nier and I'm glad I decided to do that before doing N:A because holy hell the combat and such is so much better, It'd be hard to do it backwards

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Another weird PS4 audio question: what does it mean that the USB audio out has a volume control independent of the DAC headphone amp it's plugged into? Does linear PCM even carry data about volume as such?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

FYI in case you frequent Twitter, start setting up mute rules. Some dumbo tried to spoil Persona 5 to me through it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

8-bit Miniboss posted:

FYI in case you frequent Twitter, start setting up mute rules. Some dumbo tried to spoil Persona 5 to me through it.

Someone set up a bot that automatically sends you spoilers if you mention 'Persona 5' and 'spoilers' in a tweet.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone set up a bot that automatically sends you spoilers if you mention 'Persona 5' and 'spoilers' in a tweet.

#persona5 was enough to trigger it. I didn't see what it said fortunately.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cheers for the WD2 feedback guys. I enjoyed the first one, oddly, but I found the multiplayer a little too intrusive to be enjoyable. Seems like it hits a better balance this time around.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Another weird PS4 audio question: what does it mean that the USB audio out has a volume control independent of the DAC headphone amp it's plugged into? Does linear PCM even carry data about volume as such?

Your quest for perfect PS4 audio is both admirable and worrying

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Your quest for perfect PS4 audio is both admirable and worrying
I have an entire lifetime of obsessing about tech things for no good reason, it's nothing unique to audio or the PS4.

Edit: and I'm still pretty new to this audio stuff and there's all kinds of weird and misleading info out there.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 5, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have an entire lifetime of obsessing about tech things for no good reason, it's nothing unique to audio or the PS4.

Back in the PS3 days, before I had a TV with a headphone jack or a receiver, I used to run audio out of the composite PS2 cable into a 3.5mm adapter that I connected to the AUX in of a guitar amp. I'd then use the guitar amp's headphone output to listen to the PS3.
You'd love it :dukedoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Back in the PS3 days, before I had a TV with a headphone jack or a receiver, I used to run audio out of the composite PS2 cable into a 3.5mm adapter that I connected to the AUX in of a guitar amp. I'd then use the guitar amp's headphone output to listen to the PS3.
You'd love it :dukedoge:

Used to do this too, but no amp and dealt with my 360 only having a single constant volume