Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm only three episodes in, but if anything can top that amazing therapy session with Celeste and her awful, horrrible, no good husband I'll be impressed.

That poo poo was tense, and moving, and you could totally see why they'd hire an actress of Robin Weiget's calibre to play a completely throwaway supporting role in that scene. Anyone lesser would have been blown off the screen and out to sea.

Oh man the therapy scenes! There's more, and they get even better. And you're completely right about Robin Weigert, she's just incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Who's hype for Prison Break tonight!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

T-bag gonna eat some more bad mexican!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I finished Patriot last night. Think it was good but nothing amazing.

Edit: shouldn't of said The Patriot

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 4, 2017

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I've yet to see anyone describe what's actually good about it

I've caught a little bit of it on HBO once in a while. Some of the most insuffereable characters I've seen outside an episode of Girls. I guess that might be the point? Either way, nothing about it grabbed me before I veered for an episode of Patriot of BCS S2.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Digital Jedi posted:

I finished The Patriot last night. Think it was good but nothing amazing.

you were meant to watch the amazon tv series, not the 2000 mel gibson movie

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Patriot Games was good I see why you guys have been recommending it lately.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Did the new season of Outcast start last night? I liked season 1.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

iZombie is also coming back today. Feels like it's been years since I saw it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

iZombie is also coming back today. Feels like it's been years since I saw it.

I swear it almost has been a year. I've watched like 10 shows since then. More.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Renewal news:

Falling Water renewed for a second season, improbably! (Yaay!) New Showrunner! Who did Powers and Falling Skies! (Boo!)

ShutEye renewed for a second season! (Yaay!) New Showrunner! (Boo!) New Showrunner in John Shiban! of Breaking Bad and the good Da Vinci Demons seasons! (Yaay!)

Humans renewed for a third season! (loving A!)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That's a real mixed bag with Falling Water. The first season was so good!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Snak posted:

I think you're literally the only other person I know who watches the show -- I honestly only posted that because I thought you'd see it.

And yeah, I completely agree, though I'm hoping that a second season might be a little pacier? Particularly now all the battle lines have been drawn. I'm all for a slow burning first season, but I think my patience for that kind of thing diminishes the further into the show I get.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

I think you're literally the only other person I know who watches the show -- I honestly only posted that because I thought you'd see it.

And yeah, I completely agree, though I'm hoping that a second season might be a little pacier? Particularly now all the battle lines have been drawn. I'm all for a slow burning first season, but I think my patience for that kind of thing diminishes the further into the show I get.

gently caress yeah high five Falling Water buddy!

I'm not sure why it didn't get more love on here. Peak TV is just rough. Seeing how much we had to yell at people to watch Patriot, I guess people are just busy.

They should try ruining their lives by watching shows and playing video games instead of succeeding at life.

edit: V there are dozens of us! dozens!

Snak fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 4, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Falling Water is really good, I still need to finish season 1.

Also let me say again, Oasis' pilot is great.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Watching amazon pilots is lose-lose because most of their pilots tend to be terrible, but even if it's good you have to wait like a year for the next episode, or it might not even be picked up.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Jean-Claude van Johnson got picked up, sooo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've been catching up on Ash vs Evil Dead (I waited this long because my friends and I wanted to marathon it together), and I'm so bothered by the show implying Ash was always a jerky jocky braggart type of character, even in high school. His arc in the first Evil Dead is like my favorite thing about the film.

I know it's dumb of me to get hung up on continuity in a series that basically doesn't have any, but I can't help it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

Jean-Claude van Johnson got picked up, sooo

And it feels like I've waited a year already!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

And it feels like I've waited a year already!

Just do what I did and watch it again while you're waiting!

I can't believe it got picked up. JCVD must be hard up for work.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

Watching amazon pilots is lose-lose because most of their pilots tend to be terrible, but even if it's good you have to wait like a year for the next episode, or it might not even be picked up.

It took 2 years for Patriot, I am so loving glad I didn't watch the pilot of that 2 years ago :negative:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

It took 2 years for Patriot, I am so loving glad I didn't watch the pilot of that 2 years ago :negative:

Yeah. I actually didn't even know that was a Pilot Season thing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

precision posted:

Oh my god gently caress Amazon. And here I thought Sneaky Pete was the worst example of that.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Also that explains why Agathe's daughter gets way older after the pilot. They didn't change child actresses, she just aged 2 years.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Colony has been renewed and Series of Unfortunate Events has gotten a season 3 pickup already.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I know they were pushing for fast renewal of Series of Unfortunate Events so that they can film the whole series before the children grow up.

A third season should be sufficient for them to cover all 13 books.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 4, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Snak posted:

I swear it almost has been a year. I've watched like 10 shows since then. More.
Yeah, iZombie's been off for a year. s2 ran October 2015 through April 2016. Also it's finally back but this season will be 6 episodes shorter than last season.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

I know they were pushing for fast renewal of Series of Unfortunate Events so that they can film the whole series before the children grow up.

A third season should be sufficient for them to cover all 13 books.

Yep, I believe the plan is a 10-ep second season and then a final 8-ep third season.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, iZombie's been off for a year. s2 ran October 2015 through April 2016. Also it's finally back but this season will be 6 episodes shorter than last season.

It's done after that, right? Like cancelled as poo poo?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Snak posted:

It's done after that, right? Like cancelled as poo poo?

No word yet. Probably but who knows.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I know everyone says this about every cancelled or soon to be cancelled show, but iZombie would fit in well with the Netflix catalog as an original.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They just need to write in Flash crossing over to their universe and they'll secure their home on CW.

Eventually there's going to be a 20 show crossover on CW.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

GreenNight posted:

No word yet. Probably but who knows.

CW's margins for success are different, especially now with their partnership with Netflix. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was shuffled off to Friday with a reduced episode order, everybody thought it was a mercy killing. Instead, word on a renewal came pretty fast.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Aside from the tentpole DC shows, CW has been moving to 10-13 episode seasons across the board, so I wouldn't take it as any indication it's going to be cancelled.

In other news

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/invader-zim-movie-announced/?fb=gk

Nickelodeon is apparently bringing back Invader Zim for a 90 minute movie.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Snak posted:

Just do what I did and watch it again while you're waiting!

I can't believe it got picked up. JCVD must be hard up for work.

The '90s were a long time ago now, man

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bull3964 posted:

Aside from the tentpole DC shows, CW has been moving to 10-13 episode seasons across the board, so I wouldn't take it as any indication it's going to be cancelled.

In other news

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/invader-zim-movie-announced/?fb=gk

Nickelodeon is apparently bringing back Invader Zim for a 90 minute movie.

Well the Samurai Jack revival has been amazing, I'm all for us rushing through 90s nostalgia to start bringing back good early-00s stuff.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Shageletic posted:

I've caught a little bit of it on HBO once in a while. Some of the most insuffereable characters I've seen outside an episode of Girls. I guess that might be the point? Either way, nothing about it grabbed me before I veered for an episode of Patriot of BCS S2.

Yeah, they're supposed to be genuinely lovely people. It's basically Rich White People (except for Shailene Woodley) problems and examining how each of them are pretty broken people with a light, overarching Whodunnit mystery thrown in there.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Snak posted:

It really is. The first season was one of my favorite shows from last year.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'll watch The Good Wife for my "lovely rich white people" fix. I wanted more of that in The Good Fight but like 80% of the cast is black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

I'll watch The Good Wife for my "lovely rich white people" fix. I wanted more of that in The Good Fight but like 80% of the cast is black.

Chandler Bing was on it for a small arc and he was definitely playing a lovely person. There is also the plot of not Bernie Madoff happening too.

• Locked thread