Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stephen King knows his drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Unpleasant subjects such as "The author has no idea how genetics work"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

He made it too obvious. Instead the story coulda been an Omelas kinda situation, where everything is perfect except there has to be incest for magical-realist-reasons or the whole system falls apart.

Still terrible and dumb, but at least his deniability becomes more plausible.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Heinlein was the dude super into incest

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Heinlein was super into everything loving everything else as often as possible.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Unless it was same-sex, if I remember correctly.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, they're doing horribly at never shipping.

Haha! Ouch.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Him going out of his way to specify the drugs is just killing me.

It's almost making me forget that awful Snagglepuss panel where he contradicts himself like twice.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

After years of enjoying Rick Remender's indie work I'm finally checking out his run on X-Force. This bit from the intro of the volume 1 TPB amused me.

...and here's something from volume 2 for all the Flinstones lovers out there.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 1, 2017

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I've always thought Captain Britain should have a monocle and one of those big handlebar mustaches. :wotwot:

And a top hat.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Amazing World Of Gumball.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

prefect posted:

And a top hat.

How about a pith helmet?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

After years of enjoying Rick Remender's indie work I'm finally checking out his run on X-Force. This bit from the intro of the volume 1 TPB amused me.

The more realistically she's drawn, the sillier Psylocke's armbands look.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

"... Anyway, that's why I can only ever read Psylocke in Fred Flintstone's voice."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Synthbuttrange posted:

The more realistically she's drawn, the sillier Psylocke's armbands look.

Whoops; I thought it was X-23. :blush:

(Psylocke-as-ninja is still one of the worst things civilization has had inflicted on it.)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

This tweet is how I discovered Locke & key was written by King's son and suddenly everything fell into place

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

prefect posted:

I've always thought Captain Britain should have a monocle and one of those big handlebar mustaches. :wotwot:

And a top hat.
His face in that scene definitely calls for a :monocle:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Teenage Fansub posted:

From the guy who brought us:

Mark Russell recounts Snagglepuss' origin in the backup of Green Lantern/Space Ghost.

:rimshot:

Why are Snagglepuss and what I'm assuming is Augie Doggie the only two talking animals to be found in the Snagglepuss stuff?

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

prefect posted:

And a top hat.

Justice League International had a British superhero named The Beefeater, who had a big handlebar mustache and a top hat, as well as a ceremonial power-rod passed down from the wardens of the Tower of London.

I mean, there's a Captain Britain in every dimension, right? Maybe this guy is the Captain Britain of the DC universe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well I do only count one arm in that panel... so maybe!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
More worried about the dude on the right's eyes

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Excuse me, that is not a top hat but a Tudor bonnet, sir.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
But seriously, who's the fellow on the right? Anyone?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That's Steve Ditko's own Odd Man.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Old Odd Man is in the back ups of Mother Panic, and may be passing the costume down to his daughter.

Beefeater was watching over the British super villain prison in Batman Incorporated.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
So I'm reading The Adventures of Superhero Girl and some dude explaining to be a superhero you need a tragic backstory that includes:

I loled.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rude.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Yeah! Everyone knows Pluto isn't a planet.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Only Plutonians could have invented the Legion's legendary Planetary Chance Machine...

EDIT: DO NOT LET THE LEGION OF SUBSTITUTE HEROES USE THE PLANETARY CHANCE MACHINE.

WORSE EDIT: BAZZINGG (KLUNKK) "UNHHHHH..." :spergin:

Mister Mind fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 3, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mister Mind posted:

Only Plutonians could have invented the Legion's legendary Planetary Chance Machine...

Jesus, just twist an apple stem.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Skwirl posted:

Jesus, just twist an apple stem.

It's the future. Apples no longer exist.

Also, what? Is there some kind of random choice that can be determined by twisting an apple stem?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I know they're super-people but it seems that super-OSHA would suggest that they at least wear some freakin safety goggles or something.

CzarChasm posted:

Also, what? Is there some kind of random choice that can be determined by twisting an apple stem?

There's an old playground game where you twist an apple stem and recite the alphabet to find out the first initial of who you're going to marry. I imagine it could be easily adapted to selecting super personnel.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Booster Gold/The Flintstones Special

A race of aliens invades Earth in the 25th century due to something happening to their religious leader when he visited Earth sometime in the past.
Booster investigates.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dammit Booster.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CzarChasm posted:

Yeah you just list stuff while twisting an apple stem and whenever it breaks off that's the answer. The traditional version is you go through the alphabet and whatever you end up with will be the initial of your true love, but it's pretty easy to switch out "true love" for "leader on the suicide mission."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

How fast do the apple stems break? Do the Xanders, Yvonnes, and Zacks of the world miss out on true love?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lobok posted:

How fast do the apple stems break? Do the Xanders, Yvonnes, and Zacks of the world miss out on true love?

After googling to try to refresh my memory about the whole silly game it seems they usually break in the 8-10 zone. So, yes.

No option at this point but to turn to a complicated planet-firing orrery.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Lobok posted:

Naw, I found my wife. Though she's Korean so she had to go through a shitload of letters

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mister Mind posted:

So Braniac is the leader, he needs six more to make a team of seven, and there are a total of eight around the table. Nice try Winger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
what happens if the planet flies through one of the large gaps between the members