Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Xarbala posted:

Wait seriously

If steam would cooperate maybe I could confirm this

EDIT: Oh good the maintenance is over.

And now it's in my library and downloading.

Report back with port quality, please. I've been seeing a "pretty okay" sorta consensus around but it's hard to get a good grasp with people screaming about no mouse support and the game having Denuvo (which it doesn't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Report back with port quality, please. I've been seeing a "pretty okay" sorta consensus around but it's hard to get a good grasp with people screaming about no mouse support and the game having Denuvo (which it doesn't).

From the T2 thread:

Emalde posted:

PC Port problems thus far:

Config options nonexistant
Join-via-friend completely removed
Online lobbies automatically enable voice chat with zero option to disable :wtf:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I've seen screenshots of the game's config so I dunno. Seems like the voice thing is the only real issue, as long as the game doesn't crash.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It does seem like an improvement over the first Toukiden port but man, KT's gonna KT.

Toukiden wound up becoming my favorite hunting-genre game and I'd hate for this to be the swansong of the franchise, but at least it's here and I can play it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'm tempted to grab Toukiden 2 for the VIta.
Any reason not do it and grab it on the ps4 instead?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

I always thought that Dynasty Warriors as a whole was boring as hell.

If you do not like my opinion, sorry friend, I don't want to sully your outlook on this series.

Seems like a weird thing to be your only post in the thread, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sefal posted:

I'm tempted to grab Toukiden 2 for the VIta.
Any reason not do it and grab it on the ps4 instead?

I imagine the framerate isn't going to be that great.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Hmm. They've taken it pretty damm far, given the fanbase hates change and will yell. And they've tried to listen and do what they can.

Still. They've said they want to 'go open world next time'(Next time being DW9). They(and everyone else) now have had the concept taken(If you judge by everyone raving about it) to the next level via Nintendo. I imagine what they do(IF they do) will not satisfy, and people will complain, and then they'll step back again.

Because it's what happened almost every time they've tried to change it previously. And yet things have changed, slowly, and probably not so you'd notice.

....Much like Dynasty Warriors itself(If you're of that mindset), I feel like I'm repeating myself.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Mar 22, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

I imagine the framerate isn't going to be that great.

Alright. Framerate shouldn't bother me too much. Vita it is.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

I always thought that Dynasty Warriors as a whole was boring as hell.

If you do not like my opinion, sorry friend, I don't want to sully your outlook on this series.

Thank you for your incredibly valuable opinion.

symphoniccacophony
Mar 20, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

The Berserk game on the Dreamcast was surprisingly decent. Main problem with it, however, was that it was a game filled with tight corridors, and your sword would bounce off any walls it came into contact with. A minor consideration with a rapier, for example, gamebreakingly frustrating when flinging around a seven foot-tall slab of iron.

My counter point : the narrow corridors is a conscious design choice to add some varieties, because the designer gave Guts a whole set of moves where he put away his sword and punch armored soldiers in the face like the bad rear end he is. And the game is definitely not all narrow corridors; plenty of wide open area where he can make mince meat with his big steel stick

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Sefal posted:

Alright. Framerate shouldn't bother me too much. Vita it is.
The Toukiden 2 thread reports the PS4 struggles with framerate as is so the Vita is probably going to be awful.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If it's anything like KT's other games it's basically gonna be uncapped and wobbles between 30 and 60, which isn't exactly struggling but isn't ideal either.

It looks nice a nice PS2 game so it shouldn't be doing that either though.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 22, 2017

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

victrix posted:

Will someone tell me which bundles to buy for Hyrule Warriors on WiiU that unlocks everything? The store page is loving awful, I can't tell what is bundled with what.

The first set of them, Master Quest and Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess were the original Wii U DLC that is included in the 3DS port. The next set of DLC were for the 3DS version.

As I recall:

Majora's Mask gets you Tingle and Skull Kid
Twilight Princess is True Form Midna
One of them gets you Child Link? I forget, but it's in that grouping.

If it's the Wii U I think one of them should get you Tetra, Linkle and Windwaker content which is default on the 3DS

Honestly, the fact of the matter is that all of the DLCs add a huge amount of content and it's like $20 for each "season pass" sort of thing, it's an outrageously good deal to basically give you ten times the poo poo to do in a game with already an astounding amount of poo poo to do in it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Man I love me some Toukiden but T2 is a pretty poo poo port layered on top of what seems like a great game.

The game is making my CPU poo poo itself, pushing it to 100% usage while it's running, even in menus. Getting some pretty horrendous stuttering problems no matter what my settings are at, and I cannot play the game at all in full-screen mode or, strangely enough, windowed but with the frame cap set to 30. According to the discussion boards I'm not alone in this.

This is on top of the design issues like having no way to disable voice comms in multiplayer lol

e: the sword and shield loving owns though

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 23, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII: Fame and Strategy has been confirmed for Western release, along with a brand new Xbox One version!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Maybe by the time the English version drops they'll fix those performance issues.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I bought Musou Stars.

I recommend you don't.

It just feels barely complete, like they threw a bunch of stuff into their engine - which is now unbelievably creaky - and you get a 15fps shuddering mess on PS4 Pro.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Working as intended

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I'm sure it'll run better if I manually set my PS4 to run in 1080 but gently caress man, I just bought a new receiver so I wouldn't have to mess around with resolutions and stuff anymore. I dread to think what the Vita version will be like.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Feeling pretty good now about checking out of Musou Stars after Marie Rose got announced. Is there any specific areas or stages that really take a performance hit? And what's the story like?

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Policenaut posted:

Feeling pretty good now about checking out of Musou Stars after Marie Rose got announced. Is there any specific areas or stages that really take a performance hit? And what's the story like?

All of it. It spends very little time at 30, seemingly most of the time around 20fps and goes even lower. It's that nasty Koei engine 4K upscale as well.

In terms of the story, it seems to be the furries fighting over who is going to be king and then their mother appears, who has some Deviant Art style design for sure. You choose your character and you get going; I chose Kasumi and had Honoka and Marie Rose following me, as well as Opoona from the first run DLC. The DOA characters talked a bit but it wasn't particularly interesting because they aren't particularly interesting really.

The main issues I'm having is that it really is incredibly badly made. They must have made it in a bunker or something because framerate aside, it is so badly laid out. It goes on about sub missions but to see them you have to go two menus deep. The camera when you lock on to guys is incredibly awful - I was regularly missing characters because I genuinely found it difficult to judge distance.

It's just a lack of thought in general. You can't go to the 'select battle' menu from the pause screen in the main base, you have to walk over to the map (which is on a separate screen). I walked up to a character who looked like they needed my help and the game said "hey, you have missions! teleport over to the mission counter?" and then it did - so that two character models could stare at each other while a text box appears. Then the first mission I got was to clear a mission five times - that is, the same mission five times. I then tried the mission, went to the exclamation marks, got constantly interrupted by cutin animations and then the main base got taken over by someone else so I lost. It's genuinely difficult to concentrate on it - given a bit more space and if I cared a bit more I'd have been able to decode from the shuddering shapes that it was a defence mission and even in normal difficulty you actually need to defend stuff but still - I want to cut my thousand heads of cabbage, at least early on while the game is still throwing things at me.

I'll give it another run tomorrow and try it in 1080 mode but it really could not have made a worse first impression. I didn't like Sanadamaru because of some the mission designs or generally Yukimura as a character but it still has fun things about it that were clear from the beginning, like the hyper attacks, and it seemed to be trying to accomplish something that they hadn't done before. This just feels like a mess with randomly generated cards that you equip, loads of 'side' missions that you can (and seemingly are expected to) repeat ad nauseam and too many meters to look after. The big new attack feature, Fever mode, just seems irritating as it actually teleports new enemies in for you to kill while character portraits cover the screen. Even after a short amount of time with the game it just feels like that extrapolated - irritating, garish (in a bad way!) and tiring.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
The A team must have made this while the O(mega) team works on DW9.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ouch, that sucks. I was looking forward to that maybe getting an English release, but maybe it's best that it doesn't. Bo knew to steer clear.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
*grabbing people by the collar threateningly* I don't give a poo poo if the game is good.

I think the only thing that bums me out is it seems light on characters.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
By the way, Dynasty Warriors Unleashed came out for phones today too if anyone wants to play a musou mobage. It's ok.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Allarion posted:

By the way, Dynasty Warriors Unleashed came out for phones today too if anyone wants to play a musou mobage. It's ok.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

This is from the Mulan movie, right?

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

PureRok posted:

This is from the Mulan movie, right?

Red Cliff.

That's poor Lu Su getting the bowls at the end.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Allarion posted:

No, no I do not.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

The Doomhammer posted:

Red Cliff.

Ah, I saw Wei Zhao and just assumed. I forgot she was in that as well.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Has Toukiden switched genres? I thought it was a Monster Hunter-style game like the first one.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Has Toukiden switched genres? I thought it was a Monster Hunter-style game like the first one.

It still is.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I played a bit more Musou Stars and in 1080 it's not as bad as it was, spending most of its time pinging between 30 and 60. I managed to try a few other characters with better movesets, which helped. Oda Nobunyaga's introduction is very good.

I still think the levels aren't very good, though - too much of the old style 'run halfway across the map on pain of losing' and no mounts have appeared yet. The minimap doesn't seem to show sub-objectives all the time either, oddly. Only being able to switch characters temporarily still feels like a really strange and arbitrary restriction. Fever mode kills not counting towards the total is weird too, though I can see why they do that.

uiruki fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 2, 2017

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

The Doomhammer posted:

Red Cliff.

Hah... I remember watching that movie. The characters all acted like they were stoned, long staring off to the side for no reason and generally all looking confused. My friends and I had a good laugh over it.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 4, 2017

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
Red Cliff's Lu Su is a precious treasure and we should all aspire to yell drunkenly at scarecrows like he did.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Musou Stars is probably coming overseas as "Warriors All-Stars".

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tried the DQH 2 demo, I guess they got rid of the tower defense stuff? You turn into monsters instead now anyway.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Sakurazuka posted:

Tried the DQH 2 demo, I guess they got rid of the tower defense stuff? You turn into monsters instead now anyway.

There are still a good few defence missions (and some more traditional DW style missions) but the combination of the overworld and more mission variety made it a lot more fun overall. And yeah, the turning into monsters stuff is powerful and fun, especially for the big ones.

I can't guarantee it as it's been months since I finished it, but I also don't think that tree makes an appearance.

uiruki fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Is the combat a bit faster? That was my issue with the first one. It was just too slow. I'm a huge DQ fan (and Warriors fan, obviously), but the combat just didn't feel right. It was too fast if they were trying to be like the DQ games, and much too slow to be a Warriors game.

Like, what I wanted from DQ: Warriors is basically what Hyrule Warriors was.