Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

Like I said earlier, it's actually worse, because she didn't even need to be secretly taped saying it, and her supporters didn't need booze to loudly and publicly agree with it

like, look two posts above this one, there you go

was she wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I don't know who created faygo. But I have tried to figure out how to have them fay go to the polls!

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Being right doesn't matter anymore.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

logikv9 posted:

who would win in a fight, the obama machine or truckasaurus

grave digger crushes all

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

who would win in a fight, the obama machine or truckasaurus

Truckasaurus, because the obama machine wouldn't show up to the fight, and instead would stay on some rich-person retreat.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm not going to read this but I'm guessing from the URL that it is an "everyone from a non-coastal state is an hitler" thinkpiece, thanks for your contribution WJ, you are Part Of The Problem :tipshat:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Hillary was trying, in that quote, to call out those elements while reaching across to those who weren't like them. She was trying to attack the literal nazis and guys who think fluoride makes you (and frogs)gay who Trump managed to attract. Alex Jones thinks Bush did 9/11 for gently caress's sake.

She did it by labeling half of her opponent's supporters something catchy, not by specifically calling out the dangerous elements that she was trying to call out. That people still defend the misstep because "well but there were dangerous elements in the Trump campaign" is crazy. It was a terrible step not because it was false, but because it was something served up on a platter that she just completely hosed up.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I feel like this thread consists entirely of people trebucheting strawmen full of plague lice at each other

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

reread the quote in context. she literally called half of trump supporters including voters a bunch of bigots

its more like "hey, don't write off all trump voters as racists and bigots - sure, some are, but the rest are just concerned about their economic prospects", except stated and worded exceptionally poorly

she made essentially the same mistake while trying to make a similar statement about Bernie voters too, dont forget

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

I feel like this thread consists entirely of people trebucheting strawmen full of plague lice at each other

*after five hours of trebucheting lice nonstop* wow im so sick of all these people trebucheting these lice, it's so bad

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

i'm alt right now

oh c'mon, i'm being pragmatic here -- dr. enuf, ale81, and even neuro fuel don't have the distribution and logistical networks in place to support a nationwide campaign, but everybody has a grocery store with a generic store brand.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hillary would say that jones soda is a drink of the everyman, because she is that wrong on a daily, if not hourly, consistent basis.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its more like people in the same besieged city trebucheting the plague lice at each other

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

*after five hours of trebucheting lice nonstop* wow im so sick of all these people trebucheting these lice, it's so bad

my lice are better than yours

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

zegermans posted:

Dont be so hard on yourself, you're not plague lice, just a cockroach

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

hillary would say that jones soda is a drink of the everyman, because she is that wrong on a daily, if not hourly, consistent basis.

that reminds me of one of the more amusing non-ann romney related things from 2012

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/02/michelle-obama-trapped-in-the-barbecue-wars/1

the best part was the dnc feeling the need to respond by recommending a lovely chain restaurant that looks like guy fieri ate and subsequently shat out sturgis

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Does Bernie like a good birch beer? I feel like he does.

Both red and black birch beers.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

zegermans posted:

An interesting description of the Republican party, but not really wrong.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thump! posted:

An interesting description of the Republican party, but not really wrong.

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Main Paineframe posted:

its more like "hey, don't write off all trump voters as racists and bigots - sure, some are, but the rest are just concerned about their economic prospects", except stated and worded exceptionally poorly

she made essentially the same mistake while trying to make a similar statement about Bernie voters too, dont forget

Hillary learns from her mistakes and evolves with the times and changing political winds:

https://twitter.com/thatdes/status/849029506576793600

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so for hillary's 2020 campaign we're going to see the 2008 campaign all over again.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
so what you're trying to say is michelle obama 2020

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

logikv9 posted:

so what you're trying to say is michelle obama 2020

i wish.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grondoth posted:

Does Bernie like a good birch beer? I feel like he does.

Both red and black birch beers.

Bernie hasn't drank anything but PBR since 1962.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not everybody who says they're not interested in politics isn't saying it in a sly, nudge-nudge-wink-wink-i-really-am way like dread abuela and her crew are known to do.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I don't understand how people can have on opinion on Michelle Obama running for office beyond "why?" when she hasn't ever stated a single political position.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

comedyblissoption posted:

reread the quote in context. she literally called half of trump supporters including voters a bunch of bigots

its literally the most factual thing she said in the entire election lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Hilldawg owns.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Main Paineframe posted:

ya exactly. the takeaway was 50% of trump voters are the vile hateful monsters. the other 50% are in it for the tax cuts or got duped. point is you want to get the duped ones to vote for ya (she tried to get the tax cut ones but lolllllllll that was not happening)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Shear Modulus posted:

I don't understand how people can have on opinion on Michelle Obama running for office beyond "why?" when she hasn't ever stated a single political position.

because she hates washington more than a sovereign citizen in montana

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shear Modulus posted:

The democratic party is very reflective of it's members (they are poo poo).

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

ya exactly. the takeaway was 50% of trump voters are the vile hateful monsters. the other 50% are in it for the tax cuts or got duped. point is you want to get the duped ones to vote for ya (she tried to get the tax cut ones but lolllllllll that was not happening)

the mitt romney tax cut republicans are also bad

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

the mitt romney tax cut republicans are also bad

They're the more deplorable to me, because they're not ignorant but choose to be fygm anyway.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
republicans are bad.

neoliberals are also bad.

therfore, it follows that neoliberals are republican.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

extremely stupid people secretly desire to be ruled by a monarch

but a cool monarch who makes PSAs about eating your veggies set to a lil jon tune and with well-toned upper arms

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shear Modulus posted:

Bernie hasn't drank anything but PBR since 1962.

You shut your goddamn mouth, Bernie's a Long Trail man.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bernie stops by The Alchemist for a 12er of Heady Topper once or twice a week because why wouldn't you

No but seriously though Long Trail is more likely. Even Magic Hat seems too hipster for him.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bernie been running his own 200-gallon still out of his wife's "vacation house" -- just wall to wall of cases of maple syrup and boxes of brewers yeast, and a still designed to look like a hot tub.

the revolution will be fueled on illegal alcohol, hot-rodding, and hatred of neolibs.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

Trebuchets and guillotines are the weapons of the revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if someday it should happen
that a victim must be found
i have a little list
i have a little list
of society offenders
who might well be underground
and never would be missed