Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ethanol posted:

everybody plays either anime or witcher 3 derivatives

Please enjoy my upcoming light novel series, "As it Happens, my High School Crush is a Witcher?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All of those translations are fine and the prison one is even great. I hate people

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Every game has some stupid romance option every game is about gender rolees and exploitation in a fully realized world consisting of plants to pick up and blood trails to follow . Give me a gun and show me where the nazis are

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

All of those translations are fine and the prison one is even great. I hate people

agreed frankly

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You think you're worth arguing with me?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ImpAtom posted:

True, such masculine games as Project Spark and completely non-anime games like Recore and Scalebound will surely save us all.

Well, not Scalebound

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I forgot about Drawn to Death, it looked really fun, nice surprise to get that free

Persona 5 uh certainly is starting with much darker subject material than I was expecting... I was promised hijinks :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Didn't Scalebound get fuckin cancelled

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

codenameFANGIO posted:

Didn't Scalebound get fuckin cancelled

Yeah, rip.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Yes. Kamiya was extremely down about it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

precision posted:

I forgot about Drawn to Death, it looked really fun, nice surprise to get that free

Persona 5 uh certainly is starting with much darker subject material than I was expecting... I was promised hijinks :(

I like it. 4 was cheery and bright so this is a solid change of pace for now

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Scalebound was nixed because platinum makes awful games that don't appeal to real Americans

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Training posted:

A state of disagreement is what I find myself in.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Don't worry, the person whining about the translation is doing their own edited versions of the translation that is both more inaccurate and sounds worse.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ImpAtom posted:

Don't worry, the person whining about the translation is doing their own edited versions of the translation that is both more inaccurate and sounds worse.

And also broken Oblivion gates are strewn about the city everywhere for some reason.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ImpAtom posted:

I AM THE KING OF DRAGON TOWN

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I've got persona 5, nier automata, yakuza 0, some hitman episodes, and witcher 3 dlc all in the backlog and here I am playing a loving terrible game like ME:A because I like space

please send help

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

nachos posted:

I've got persona 5, nier automata, yakuza 0, some hitman episodes, and witcher 3 dlc all in the backlog and here I am playing a loving terrible game like ME:A because I like space

please send help

pretty much the only thing saving me from this is installing the launcher that is not steam.

I will no doubt enjoy lovely cheesy space opera.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

nachos posted:

please send help

Take it this way once you are done with ME: A, you can look forward to all those other great games.

Seriously 2017 has been very kick rear end for games.

Wish I wasn't unemployed though, I still need to get Yakuza 0 and then Persona 5. Nier Automata was from an art comission i did.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 5, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

nachos posted:

please send help

same except i'm kinda sitting and playing nothing, wasting my time off work :<

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think the dub and translation is good so far in P5 :shrug:. There's been one time I didn't think it was good and that "please take care of me".

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Klaus Kinski posted:

pretty much the only thing saving me from this is installing the launcher that is not steam.

I will no doubt enjoy lovely cheesy space opera.

if you like bad space operas you'll love me:a but they seem to have promised a bunch of stuff in patches so really you can wait either way

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I wish 47 in HItman had slightly more HP. Two bullets and he's dead, so there's basically zero reason to use any of the fancy guns they give you.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

I wish 47 in HItman had slightly more HP. Two bullets and he's dead, so there's basically zero reason to use any of the fancy guns they give you.

I wish they just gave you more interesting stuff instead of guns. No, I'm pretty much never going to use this unsilenced automatic rifle, why would that even be an option?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I think this Pepsi commercial everyone is upset about would have gone over a lot better if Pepsiman had been there to help systematically end racism and police brutality.

Thank you for ending racism Pepsiman.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr E posted:

I think the dub and translation is good so far in P5 :shrug:. There's been one time I didn't think it was good and that "please take care of me".

Yeah that translation was really weird

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs posted:

They do though
i only just saw this now but as far as Youtubers are concerned, like, not really? old media does want to pull new media down to be more like old media, but that's not the same topic. PDP legit was a dumbshit, H3H3 made up some poo poo about WSJ and took a racist youtuber's side only to be proven wrong, and Totalbiscuit cheers both of them on. it's embarrassing

because they are people on youtube they don't fact check or consider the validity of their sources, they just shotgun blast stupid poo poo without even looking. everyone needs to be more like bobvids or something, just chill

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 5, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I don't watch much YouTube stuff but a friend pointed me at h3h3's screw-up while it was in motion and it was such an easy-to-anticipate trajectory. It almost seemed purposeful except he apologized so I guess not.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

i only just saw this now but as far as Youtubers are concerned, like, not really? old media does want to pull new media down to be more like old media, but that's not the same topic. PDP legit was a dumbshit, H3H3 made up some poo poo about WSJ and took a racist youtuber's side only to be proven wrong, and Totalbiscuit cheers both of them on. it's embarrassing

because they are people on youtube they don't fact check or consider the validity of their sources, they just shotgun blast stupid poo poo without even looking. everyone needs to be more like bobvids or something, just chill

Why fact check when all you need are page views and your fanbase will continue to watch your videos?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

nachos posted:

please send help

What is it about space games in particular that sink their hooks into people like this even when they turn out to be bad/awful/nonexistent? Like I can kind of get the hype surrounding ME:A because it isn't just any old spacegame but a Bioware RPG in the Mass Effect franchise which to a lot of people are selling points on their own, but people went nuts over No Man's Sky until it sort of turned out to be not very good and of course Star Citizen is a thing, and I have a strong suspicion that Chris Roberts wouldn't have raised a hundred kajillion dollars if he was pitching some sort of fantasy game with magic and elves or whatever, but give people spaceships and it's like they go crazy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol this is some garbage

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

even if you just want to stream P5 for funsies and not to be Professional Making Money Person, there are all these stupid rules that have no legal basis

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

What is it about space games in particular that sink their hooks into people like this even when they turn out to be bad/awful/nonexistent? Like I can kind of get the hype surrounding ME:A because it isn't just any old spacegame but a Bioware RPG in the Mass Effect franchise which to a lot of people are selling points on their own, but people went nuts over No Man's Sky until it sort of turned out to be not very good and of course Star Citizen is a thing, and I have a strong suspicion that Chris Roberts wouldn't have raised a hundred kajillion dollars if he was pitching some sort of fantasy game with magic and elves or whatever, but give people spaceships and it's like they go crazy.

Space represents the last meaningful chance at exploration most of us can possibly consider in our lifetime, the last chance to refine our world and see brand new things. For a lot of people it holds a sway a lot of other stuff doesn't and since space exploration is probably dead in our lifetime games are the one chance anyone has of possibly living out the dream.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

bloodychill posted:

I don't watch much YouTube stuff but a friend pointed me at h3h3's screw-up while it was in motion and it was such an easy-to-anticipate trajectory. It almost seemed purposeful except he apologized so I guess not.

He "Had the receipts" but it turns out they were the receipts to a Denny's.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

lol this is some garbage

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

even if you just want to stream P5 for funsies and not to be Professional Making Money Person, there are all these stupid rules that have no legal basis

quote:

This being a Japanese title with a single-playthrough story means our masters in Japan are very wary about it. Sharing is currently blocked through the native PS4 UI. However, if you do plan on streaming, video guidelines above apply except length. If you decide to stream past 7/7 (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED), you do so at the risk of being issued a content ID claim or worse, a channel strike/account suspension.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol that's completely insane

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

indie publishers are making fun of atlus

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They've burned so much money on P5 and it's coming out so late that this is a business move to prevent "copies lost to lets plays"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who's watching lets plays of like 60 hour RPGs

• Locked thread