Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

ElwoodCuse posted:

Isn't full face protection, by rule, only for guys with an injury and they have to get rid of it when they are better

I know

And it's loving stupid

But whatever facial maiming is just part of the job boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Habibi posted:

Yeah, buddy! That's uh...the uh...ticket.

well okay, no need to be a sharks poster

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

weird request, but does anyone know where I can find a graph of goal differential over the course of the last season?

Flames are +6 right now, but it was really dire earlier this year

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

JawKnee posted:

well okay, no need to be a sharks poster

You mad your team is one of like two the Sharks can still beat?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Avs got their 22nd win of the season by coming back from 3-0 down to beat the Hawks 4-3. They outshot them 51-27. :stare:

They're at 47 points, 3 games remaining. Can they reach 50?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

loving lol Chicago

There are AHL and ECHL teams that could smoke Colorado right now.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:laffo: forever. Seriously how do you give up four unanswered to this year's AVS

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

NHLPA could force the cage issue if they wanted and the NHL wouldn't have much of a defense. "Oh yeah we totally cool with our assets worth millions getting their face smashed in and care about it so much we'll force a lockout to keep visors." Good luck defending that.

But the players just don't give a poo poo because rawr hockey players are just that tough!

Until there's some momentum nothing will change.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

xzzy posted:

NHLPA could force the cage issue if they wanted and the NHL wouldn't have much of a defense. "Oh yeah we totally cool with our assets worth millions getting their face smashed in and care about it so much we'll force a lockout to keep visors." Good luck defending that.

But the players just don't give a poo poo because rawr hockey players are just that tough!

Who pushed visors, NHL or the PA?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Haha Hawks suck what garbage

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

xzzy posted:

Guys don't wear cages in beer league. We're a very long ways away from mandating cages.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

iospace posted:

:laffo: forever. Seriously how do you give up four unanswered to this year's AVS

The first two were short-handed even.

I love playing the Hawks.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
"I. Burial of the Dead

April is the cruellest month...."

--TS Eliot, noted hockey fan.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Looks like crime does, in fact, pay.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Guys don't wear cages in beer league. We're a very long ways away from mandating cages.

It seems based on skill level. Cage use with first time skaters is basically 100% around me, and goes down as you beer league games go up in divisions. I don't see the games played by ex pros or college players because I'm a bad but I assume visors are dominant up there.

I guess confidence makes you invincible, until you get nailed. :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chicago has played like rear end against Colorado for several years. They just can't handle bad teams.

Was the same with the Oilers for a while, Chicago against Edmonton was basically a guaranteed loss.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Jordan7hm posted:

Morons don't wear cages in beer league.
Fixed. I wouldn't trust a bunch of amateurs to keep their sticks down. Feeling cool isn't worth losing an eye because some doofus tripped over the blue line and flailed his stick around.

Eventually they'll get grandfathered in in the NHL. Who'll be the 21st century MacTavish?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

deoju posted:

Who'll be the 21st century MacTavish?

Jagr

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Oh, I'm dumb. I meant visors will be grandfathered in. No way the NHL mandates cages before the CHL does.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the rec leagues around here mandate visors. But you rarely see cages. Including on the div 1 college kids playing summer hockey.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Habibi posted:

not really?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

JawKnee posted:

not really?

Oh. :smith:

Well, can you pretend? I really need this.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I bet the sharks will do really well in the playoffs

2nd round exit at least - probably better. I mean, the Oilers? The Ducks? Sharks can beat either of them.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

JawKnee posted:

I bet the sharks will do really well in the playoffs

2nd round exit at least - probably better. I mean, the Oilers? The Ducks? Sharks can beat either of them.

The dude during the oilers game said the oilers/flames are 0-36 in southern california arenas.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Habibi posted:

It's okay, the Sharks will beat the Oilers on Thursday to take home ice advantage back because the Oilers are garbage on the road right now.

e:

Powershift posted:

The dude during the oilers game said the oilers/flames are 0-36 in southern california arenas.

That's only the Oilers losses in LA and the Flames losses in ANA combined. Oilers won their last road game against the Sharks, and their 2nd last road game against the Ducks.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

weird request, but does anyone know where I can find a graph of goal differential over the course of the last season?

Flames are +6 right now, but it was really dire earlier this year

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So they're hosed?

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I wish the Avs had a better goals cum.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Powershift posted:

Then they're guaranteed a win because nobody wants to make a Kevin Smith reference in 2017.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Calgary go on cumtown

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Fun with tiebreaks:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Hand Knit posted:

Fun with tiebreaks:

if the scores go just right tampa & toronto could possibly tie on every tiebreaker

https://twitter.com/undefined/status/849473581964832768

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Gio posted:

during the last game at the joe they should do a tribute to the best moments people had being stuck on the concourse at the end of a wings game.

The ultra drunk dude dragging his pregnant girlfriend/wife/sister through the line for the women's restroom yelling, swearing and shoving other women out of the way while she dragged her heels was a definite highlight of the last time I was there

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fits posted:

if the scores go just right tampa & toronto could possibly tie on every tiebreaker

https://twitter.com/undefined/status/849473581964832768

There was a playoff game settled by a coin flip in Calgary last month. I want to see the Leafs miss out on millions in playoff revenue because Lou calls heads.

quote:

On Saturday, a quarter-final game between the Calgary Royals and Calgary Buffalo Wranglers went to a shootout locked in a 4-4 tie.

But Royals head coach Jarvis Bender said players were devastated when the outcome was taken out of their hands as a decision was made to name the winner by a coin toss...

Hockey Calgary’s rules and bylaws state that when a tied overtime playoff game “cannot be concluded due to unforeseen circumstances,” a member of Hockey Calgary’s Elite Council “will determine a tiebreaking format to declare a winner.”

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/hockey-parents-fuming-after-playoff-game-decided-by-coin-toss

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Hand Knit posted:

Fun with tiebreaks:

Yeah Everett beat out Seattle for first place this season by (1? 2? I forget) points by Seattle having way more straight wins but Everett having a ridiculous more amount of loser points it's loving stupid

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
kind of like how the Leafs will end up with 40+ losses but will still probably be a higher seed than the Bruins.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

kind of like how the Leafs will end up with 40+ losses but will still probably be a higher seed than the Bruins.

3 on 3 and the shootout have essentially nothing to do with proving hockey skill, so I don't mind the loser point in the slightest. Teams shouldn't be unduly punished for keeping games close then losing in the trick play competition.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teams shouldn't be penalized for keeping it close, but shouldn't be awarded for failing to win.

See? It cancels out. Kill the loser point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah Everett beat out Seattle for first place this season by (1? 2? I forget) points by Seattle having way more straight wins but Everett having a ridiculous more amount of loser points it's loving stupid

This one is less stupid, since the first breaker is just games played. It's just funny that Ottawa and Boston have evened up at just the right point in the season where it leads to Boston having clinched but Ottawa not, because Tampa can catch Ottawa for ROW but not Boston.

e:

Aphrodite posted:

Teams shouldn't be penalized for keeping it close, but shouldn't be awarded for failing to win.

See? It cancels out. Kill the loser point.

Kill the loser point, and bring back ties.

• Locked thread