Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Chimera-gui posted:

idespite homosexuality having been off the mental illness list since the loving 70s!

Not something worth bringing to light unless it had been the 1870s :smith:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Catberry posted:

Not something worth bringing to light unless it had been the 1870s :smith:

As depressing as it is, almost 50 years ago is nothing to just brush off, either. A solid percent of the population alive at that time is dead now.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

RagnarokAngel posted:

As depressing as it is, almost 50 years ago is nothing to just brush off, either. A solid percent of the population alive at that time is dead now.

People born in the 70's are almost 50 now.

That's horrifying. I remember the generation 70 people being the rad Metallica/Pink Floyd fans in sleeveless t-shirts and cool hair that helped me and my friends buy adult magazines and soft air guns (I'm generation 80)

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
But people making rules in the 70's are in their 70s now, at a minimum.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

MasterSlowPoke posted:

But people making rules in the 70's are in their 70s now, at a minimum.

Hopefully like now. The decision makers were in the 50-70 range back then. Making them all long dead.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Catberry posted:

Hopefully like now. The decision makers were in the 50-70 range back then. Making them all long dead.

No, I want them to gaze upon the ruin of America that legalized gay marriage brought, and weep.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

RagnarokAngel posted:

No, I want them to gaze upon the ruin of America that legalized gay marriage brought, and weep.

Detroit used to be a sprawling industrial city. Then came gay marriage and now it's basically real life Fallout.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Don't even get me started on San Francisco.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I've had numerous folks opine that legal weed has turned Colorado into Mad Max: Fury Road.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I've had numerous folks opine that legal weed has turned Colorado into Mad Max: Fury Road.

Despite overwhelming empirical evidence to the contrary

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

jivjov posted:

Despite overwhelming empirical evidence to the contrary

Triggered much, snowflake?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

If there's one thing stoners like to do, it's warmongering. Fact of life.

I ate a weed once and now I'm dead.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Poor Immortan Joe. Thought of weed and died.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Not a single bag of chips or cookie survived.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Chimera-gui posted:

How much you wanna bet the moron who made this has neither a medical degree nor actually read a legitimate study on homosexuality?

I'm sure the real doctors have a few choice words for people that still push this sort of BS despite homosexuality having been off the mental illness list since the loving 70s!

i'm the nurse who draws the line at "mammal"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

If you want to bone a fish anus, or a bird anus, fine

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

I mean a bird anus and a bird vagina are the same thing, so it's not gay.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

GyroNinja posted:

I mean a bird anus and a bird vagina are the same thing, so it's not gay.

"Close the door, what the hell mom! Oh my God, it's not a boy bird, she just has uncommonly bright plumage. Don't you DARE come over here and check the bird's sex. If you tell anyone about this, I'll kill you"

Edit: also XX / XY reversal

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I once seriously upset a family member once by talking about the reproductive characteristics of clownfish.

Nature is unnatural.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I once seriously upset a family member once by talking about the reproductive characteristics of clownfish.

:frogon:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_change#Natural_sex_change

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Jurgan posted:

That's only one of the four, though.

Yea, it was more of an aside rather than support for a stupid image

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Finding Nemo makes so much more sense now.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Ah so that's what nanomachines really are.

That mofo smokes some drank as hell stuff.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Ainsley McTree posted:

:nms::nws:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bd9lkZ1epY&t=336s

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

Since they used Don Knotts in the original image....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_fdfkTHMzA

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The preacher was a good comic.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!
D&D has slowly gone down the shitter over the years and this stupid dog thing is definitely the last straw for me. As this is the last and basically only thread I've followed here for quite a while, I just want to say *thanks folks* for the last 2205 pages (minus the more-frequent-than-necessary gun debate derails). Though I suppose the fact that our commander in chief is the living embodiment of a FWD:FWD:FWD: is a sign that this thread failed in Part B its mission, I enjoyed Part A very much. Thanks Vilerat, RIP.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Choadmaster posted:

D&D has slowly gone down the shitter over the years and this stupid dog thing is definitely the last straw for me. As this is the last and basically only thread I've followed here for quite a while, I just want to say *thanks folks* for the last 2205 pages (minus the more-frequent-than-necessary gun debate derails). Though I suppose the fact that our commander in chief is the living embodiment of a FWD:FWD:FWD: is a sign that this thread failed in Part B its mission, I enjoyed Part A very much. Thanks Vilerat, RIP.

Source your quotes.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Choadmaster posted:

Trump thread is that way, homie.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Making the rounds on British leftist Facebook, in defence of a former Mayor of London who said that Hitler was a Zionist.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TinTower posted:

Making the rounds on British leftist Facebook, in defence of a former Mayor of London who said that Hitler was a Zionist.

*wank*

I LOVE the wording on the last part "forced them to temporarily give up possessions to Germany before departing. Those possessions could later be re-obtained by transferring them to Palestine as German export goods."

"FORCED" is correct BUT how is exchanging your actual physical goods for OTHER goods of "approximate value" re-obtaining them? "Yeah I gave him his TV back as the same value in linen. Squaresies right?" That's not loving "temporary".

Also Hitler had nothing to do with this deal (you'll note that the meme itself never says Hitler's name, just his government which, in 19fucking33 hadn't gone through the compaction to make every one of them "Nazis" as we now know them), this deal was a way to get around German export boycotts and get rid of Jews, Hitler's solution was the one that was under his direct orders and supervision: the death camps and gassing. This was simply a way to make money they otherwise never would have gotten, not some bullshit "give the Jews a homeland" bullshit that falls apart because Hitler's stated goal was to conquer the world and eradicate the Jews ("Oh but Libtard he was just SAYING that and didn't REALLY mean it blah blah blah.")

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

When you come to the point where you're explaining how the Nazis were actually allied with the Jews, you've come to the point where you need to stop for a minute and think about yourself.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

When you come to the point where you're explaining how the Nazis were actually allied with the Jews, you've come to the point where you need to stop for a minute and think about yourself.
we've seen a lot of breathtaking cognitive dissonance over the years in this thread, but this one is special. I think my brain acted in self defense, and prevented me from reading that macro

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Choadmaster posted:

lol what idiot thread has that rule

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
It's the mods latest asspull for all of DnD

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I like the fat dog rule and look forward to avoiding any probations heading my way.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
As someone else who has suffered DND for several years I think fat dog rule rules.

Edit: meant surfed but leaving typo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ramadu posted:

lol what idiot thread has that rule

It's the current idiotic thing the D&D mods are doing because they are too stupid and incompetant to actually moderate an internet forum.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)