Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'll be a little bummed if Rip is off the show now, but at the same time it makes sense for the character since he is superfluous to the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

nine-gear crow posted:

Eobard unveiling the Legion of Thawnes was fantastic. I really, really hope they're not done with Eobard because as others have said Matt Letscher has kind of been the MVP of an already stand-out season.

I think this was kinda suspension-of-disbelief overkill, to be honest, especially after they showed one Thawne just run over and rip out Ray's heart before he could react. I think that fight would have been better if it was just one Thawne versus the Legends. Play it exactly the same otherwise, just have it be a single Thawne zipping around instead of fifty.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was pretty good!

Poor future Ray!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Phenotype posted:

I think this was kinda suspension-of-disbelief overkill, to be honest, especially after they showed one Thawne just run over and rip out Ray's heart before he could react. I think that fight would have been better if it was just one Thawne versus the Legends. Play it exactly the same otherwise, just have it be a single Thawne zipping around instead of fifty.
Yeah I agree. The moment of them all coming to the scene was a huge "OH poo poo" but then the actual fighting began and you remember how nerfed Reverse Flash has been this season. They basically have to keep justifying reasons for him to not kill everyone in the blink of an eye, but there was no good reason for him to not grab the spear right away. And honestly the graphics on it looked pretty bad, as did the final shot of the episode. I think they must have ran low on their effects budget and just threw whatever they could at these two scenes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The most disappointing thing was that Sarah didn't take the opportunity to mack on herself.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
For having like a hundred Thawne's there, they sure took their time grabbing the spear from Sara. A bit of a let down of a finale. After a season of the Legion hamming it up, we really didn't get anything fun from them here in the finale. Writing off Rip was also expected but unfortunate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Supposedly Arthur Darvill's been cast in the Fantastic Beasts series and it's going to be an 18 month commitment.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

howe_sam posted:

I'll be a little bummed if Rip is off the show now, but at the same time it makes sense for the character since he is superfluous to the team.

Who else is going to bake the best cakes?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Supposedly Arthur Darvill's been cast in the Fantastic Beasts series and it's going to be an 18 month commitment.

I haven't seen anything saying that yet, but I know he's been lobbying to play young Dumbledore. I know they had to pull some serious schedule fuckery to get Wentworth Miller for the last few episodes and Dominic Purcell for the whole season as they filmed Prison Break. I'm assuming Colony had to do the same thing for Sarah Wayne Callies.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"Guys, I think we broke time" needs to be the new thread title. It's exactly where this season should've ended up. :allears:

Rhyno posted:

The most disappointing thing was that Sarah didn't take the opportunity to mack on herself.

"Nope, still weird" may have been referencing something else entirely :pervert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Teek posted:

Writing off Rip was also expected but unfortunate.

More like inspired and about time. Worst character in the entire CW-verse and I'm including Barry Allen and everyone on Archer in that statement. Every remnant of bad from season 1 must be purged.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I love that Sara said that Sandlot quote right as I was thinking it, best show.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Not as good as the penultimate episode in my opinion, but ok I guess. Gonna miss this Legion Of Doom, and gonna miss Rip if...

Rhyno posted:

...this is true. I know a lot of people here and elsewhere didn't like the character, but I guess I did.

Other stuff:
-Great song choice for the beginning recap montage.
-Tiny Rick's--Rip's--"FIRE EVERYTHING!" moment ala Eric Bana in the Star Trek reboot was pretty funny.
-Wouldn't the Waverider blowing up to normal size right in front of Ray and whoever else was there like...kill them?
-That's the most brutal use of speedforce phasing yet. Holy poo poo.
-I like that future-Sarah used the "RADIATION LEAK NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT" Han Solo in Star Wars excuse.
-That moment when past-Rip walks in to see Future-Rip and they both immediately say "Oh bollocks."
-An arrow not only takes out full-Firestorm but causes them to split? Ok...
-Legion of Eobards (which ended up being goofy in their ineptitude) was at first "oh poo poo" scary, but then Chekov's Black Flash was more frightening. Question: How did Sarah even know about Eobard's problem with Black Flash? Did Rip know about it when he was brainwashed and therefore would've been able to tell her?
-I like that Darkh's punishment is to be stranded in Miami Vice.
-I actually like Nate and Amaya's relationship and it may be the best out of the 4 shows, but seeing as how all the others are mostly dumpster fires, that's not hard.
-The Aruba payoff was nice even if it didn't work out.
-For a second when things went wrong and Gideon said Los Angeles 2017, I thought the twist was going to be that they were in Supergirl's universe, but then I remembered that's stupid National City that just happens to look like LA.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Longbaugh01 posted:

-For a second when things went wrong and Gideon said Los Angeles 2017, I thought the twist was going to be that they were in Supergirl's universe, but then I remembered that's stupid National City that just happens to look like LA.

That was my thought too. I kept waiting to hear the Supergirl theme kick in, but then I remembered that National City and LA are two different things in the DCverse. Plus they'd have to contrive a way to not bring up how Kara's idiot time traveling friends from Earth-1 crashed their gaudy space ship in the middle of downtown NC and probably killed like a hundred people clipping that one building on the way down for five whole episodes after Supergirl came back from April break to wrap up it's season.

I do admit though, that would have been fun. Like have an episode dedicated to the DEO impounding the empty Waverider and trying to figure out what the hell it even is and then just have like Sara and Ray and Mick, et al. do brief cameos in the background of scenes from now till the end of Supergirl's season as they try to avoid getting caught by like Maggie or the DEO.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

nine-gear crow posted:

I remembered that National City and LA are two different things in the DCverse.

Just in the Arrowverse. National City doesn't even exist in any comics iirc.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention since people were talking about it, just because this Eobard is gone doesn't mean we'll never see him again. I mean future Eobard can basically travel anywhere to the past from there before the events of Season 1 of The Flash (or is it after Flashpoint Eobard, gently caress it who cares drat timelines), which is how he got all of those other Eobards anyway I suppose. So I wouldn't sweat it and Matt Letscher was great.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Apr 5, 2017

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So, Time Broken LA speculations:

I'm guessing at least some of these will show up:
  • Kamandi
  • anyone related to Skartaris
  • Gnarrk
  • Booster Gold (though unlikely since I think he's embargo'd for some project or another)
  • Shining Knight (I'd hope for Ystina)
  • any character that was basically part of "The War that Time Forgot" including G. I. Robot, Sgt. Rock, Enemy Ace, the Haunted Tank and the Creature Commandos
  • Atomic Knight
  • Etrigan
  • The Challengers of the Unkown

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The Losers. We're gonna meet the Losers and Rick Flagg.

God I'd love to see this show tackle/adapt/remix The New Frontier.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

DoctorWhat posted:

Pretty sure Flagg is off-limits even after Suicide Squad.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Longbaugh01 posted:

Just in the Arrowverse. National City doesn't even exist in any comics iirc.

It does in the current Supergirl comic.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

howe_sam posted:

It does in the current Supergirl comic.

Yeah, but did that comic start after the first season premiered? I very distinctly remember goons saying National City was a show creation either in the Season 1 thread or the BSS TV thread.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Carlosologist posted:

wow, that shot of Ray getting his heart ripped out was loving crazy

That was heart-wrenching :v:

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
At least it was a fast death.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I wasn't phased.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Awesome episode and season. The fact the writers just accepted went with it and made fun of it all is the best.

And I better see Rory ride a drat dinosaur next season or punch one at the least.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why are people incredulous at an arrow taking out Firestorm? We just established he's super fragile and forgets that he can do things like transmute bullets

Digital Jedi posted:

And I better see Rory ride a drat dinosaur next season or punch one at the least.

I LOVE ROASTING DINOSAURS

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
This show is just too drat fun. I just get giddy while watching all the crazy hammy stuff.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

MiddleOne posted:

More like inspired and about time. Worst character in the entire CW-verse and I'm including Barry Allen and everyone on Archer in that statement. Every remnant of bad from season 1 must be purged.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Goddammit

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So wait, we stopped reality from being ruled by a slightly less murderous speedster than Barry, and in return we got dinosaurs?

Good trade-off, imo.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Ray will finally come in handy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Actually, I expect season 3 to start off in media res and then explain poo poo from there.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't think adding Flagg to the Legends is a good idea

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

I don't think adding Flagg to the Legends is a good idea

Oliver's dad takes the biggest heel turn of all time.

Also, the simple way to solve the why didn't the Legion of Thawnes's just kill everyone was to have the black flash murder the thawnes as a distraction while one gets the spear.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Mooseontheloose posted:

Also, the simple way to solve the why didn't the Legion of Thawnes's just kill everyone was to have the black flash murder the thawnes as a distraction while one gets the spear.

True, but I don't think those other Thawnes were necessarily guilty of the same level of time fuckery as the Thawne we knew and that's all Black Flash cares about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

True, but I don't think those other Thawnes were necessarily guilty of the same level of time fuckery as the Thawne we knew and that's all Black Flash cares about.

They were all aberrations though and most likely past versions of Thawne Prime.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xelkelvos posted:

So, Time Broken LA speculations:

I'm guessing at least some of these will show up:
[list][*]Kamandi

Kamandi is probably the most likely

That would mean the Legends landed in the United States of Lions though

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I bet at least one of them was just doing some grocery shopping when he suddenly got the call for a me party.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm hoping they go nuts and pull Anthro AND Kamandi like they did in Final Crisis.

And maybe a Monitor will show up and bitch slap the team for being fuckups.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

They were all aberrations though and most likely past versions of Thawne Prime.

I keep thinking the Flash timelines null each other out. Like the altered (altered since the original had no Eobard going back) one where Eobard killed Barry's mom the first time, assumed Wells' identity, and then vanished when Eddie shot himself was nullified by Flashpoint and now post-Flashpoint. Apparently, this is incorrect. For some reason I got it in my head that Black Flash wanted this Eobard so bad because he participated in Flashpoint and has been loving with time ever since. But I guess I'm wrong and Eddie shooting himself really did stop any Eobard from ever existing and any other Eobard's from earlier in Eobard's personal timeline are all aberrations now. So yeah...why didn't Black Flash go after all of them, especially with how they were all using the Speedforce. And I suppose this means if we ever do get Eobard back on any of these shows, that one will also be relentlessly pursued by the Black Flash. Well that sucks I guess.

I preemptively apologize for so much Flash stuff in the LOT thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well maybe the two teams of Legends were breaking time so Eobard went hog wild on the paradoxes?

• Locked thread