Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

flatluigi posted:

It's a bit messy, since, yknow, would you want to start issuing takedowns to your fans for the stuff they've made?

Fans who profit from art of someone else's creation are not fans and their tears are delicious and so so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
There're a lot of shirts that just straight up have Griffin's photo on them. Also, one is a Peepums' Nastygum shirt, which is actually available on a shirt already available at the Max Fun store on Topatoco.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Scudworth posted:

Fans who profit from art of someone else's creation are not fans and their tears are delicious and so so good.

I mean, I don't see anything wrong with commissioning an artist to draw a picture of a character.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
good thing literally every piece of "art" on that page is impressively terrible garbage that nobody would or should ever buy

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mikedawson posted:

I mean, I don't see anything wrong with commissioning an artist to draw a picture of a character.
Individual commissions are great. Mass-market sales of merch are not. At least, that's been the consensus in the fandoms I'm in.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

good thing literally every piece of "art" on that page is impressively terrible garbage that nobody would or should ever buy

the knife dad mug is basically the only buyable thing there.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Poque posted:

the knife dad mug is basically the only buyable thing there.

I dunno, I like the t-shirt with Pee Wee Herman on it that just says "PRIMO gently caress BOY". Certainly something I can see myself having an opportunity to wear.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 5, 2017

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Poque posted:

the TAZ specific merch section is much higher quality, and was the subject of the original tweet. And I hope it all gets removed.

Night Vale was fighting to stop fan merch sellers on these sites at one point as well.

Scudworth fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 5, 2017

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Poque posted:

Seriously. The one with Griffin's face on it is so bad, it would probably look a little better if you literally printed a picture of Griffin onto a piece of paper and taped it to the front of your t-shirt. I cannot imagine buying something from there.

SpacePig posted:

the t-shirt with Pee Wee Herman on it that just says "PRIMO gently caress BOY".

*wrestles own arm away from credit card*

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013
Who wouldn't want this high quality and very good t-shirt design?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Deport The Irish posted:

Wow, it's like a cry for help in shirt form

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Fake youtube comment on a t-shirt is a level of degradation I did not think was possible.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Deport The Irish posted:

I'm the mouse cursor

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Deport The Irish posted:

I don't get it, it's just a Bart Simpson shirt.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Not gonna lie... I kinda dig the MBMBAM in Thrasher font shirt

KoB
May 1, 2009
I understand that the McElboys wouldnt be able to sell it but it'd consider buying a fantasy costco shirt.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
i'm going to drop my entire next paycheck on 14x9" Pipis Room stickers

KoB
May 1, 2009
have they said why Griffin is "ditto"?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

KoB posted:

Probably because he's the littlest brother and I bet he spent a lot of time as a kid wanting to do whatever the big brothers were doing.

I don't think they've ever officially explained the nicknames but based on my experience with younger siblings that's the most likely explanation

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

KoB posted:

Yeah on a recent thing (TTAZZ2 I think?) he said it's a baby name his parents gave him because he looked like Ditto from Hi and Lois. He also said it's very weird when fans call him that.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Apparently Griffin looked like Ditto from the Hi & Lois comic when he was a baby. They've mentioned it here and there but here's one source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2jjhc2/we_are_justin_and_travis_mcelroy_of_the_podcast/clcax52/

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Well shut my mouth.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Colonel Whitey posted:

He also said it's very weird when fans call him that.

God this fan base is so socially weird. It's a real testament to the brothers that they still engage at all.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I get the feeling Travis might be embellishing a bit on what his own nickname means

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

CronoGamer posted:

God this fan base is so socially weird. It's a real testament to the brothers that they still engage at all.

The brothers appeared on an episode of Bullseye with guest host Linda Holmes (from Pop Culture Happy Hour, which you should listen to). They talk about how uncomfortable it can be having so much of themselves out there (between their various shows, we see a lot of their most important relationships), and Justin in particular identifies it as something he'll probably come to regret in the future.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

SpacePig posted:

I get the feeling Travis might be embellishing a bit on what his own nickname means

Its the Hemingway baby shoes of stdh for sure, but I'm honestly more concerned with the idea that "Juice" comes from drool rather than it being a cute mispronunciation of the first half of Justin.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The Modern Leper posted:

The brothers appeared on an episode of Bullseye with guest host Linda Holmes (from Pop Culture Happy Hour, which you should listen to).

THAT'S what it was I heard it on, I totally forgot I listened to that

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
New Peacecraft just went up

Judging by the title, looks like maybe it's the final one?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

timp posted:

Griffin's tweet about it said that it's the second-to-last one. :(

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

timp posted:

I spent a good hour being lost in Undercity when I started playing after cataclysm, so I expect the finale to be long.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

thexerox123 posted:

Griffin's tweet about it said that it's the second-to-last one. :(

better to end strong then drag the gimmick out

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

AriadneThread posted:

better to end strong then drag the gimmick out

I just hope he keeps the ball rolling and comes up with a new series for that day!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Mailing all of that gold back to the person was a real sick move, Randino

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

Mailing all of that gold back to the person was a real sick move, Randino

A shame he didn't have 69,000 69,420

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Serf posted:

I was rewatching Second Life, Second Chances, and the fact that there is a naked avatar running around with the name "barrybluejeans" is an incredible coincidence.
The first time I watched the voting party it was on lovely laptop speakers. In the scene where he asks everyone to say Totino's over and over, I didn't notice until a rewatch that one dude in the background was just screaming "TOTIIIIINOOOOOOS!!!!!" at the top of his lungs a bunch of times.

Regarding D&D module chat, what's good these days? I haven't played in a long time (sans Pathfinder) but I have no idea what the module scene is anymore. Is Ravenloft still around?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
There's a ravenloft module/campaign, Curse of Strahd, that people like.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

rumble in the bunghole posted:

There's a ravenloft module/campaign, Curse of Strahd, that people like.

I'm currently playing this with my group. I'm not an experienced rpg player but we're having fun

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
just be aware your players know what they're getting into with it because it can kill your whole party dead as gently caress pretty easily

but then again that's ravenloft for ya

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
or do what i do and roll your own homebrew campaign from scratch while wildling stealing from cosmic horror and tokusatsu tropes, all in an effort to impress upon your players that death is inevitable and facing your own inevitable mortality with dignity is a healthy way to live.

also my audience is literal children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

just be aware your players know what they're getting into with it because it can kill your whole party dead as gently caress pretty easily

but then again that's ravenloft for ya

If that's the case our DM has been very soft on us because the only "death" has been temporary, intentional, and story-related and nobody else has even been close. Two of us are pretty green players so maybe he's just being nice.