Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Up the Canaries.

Our only left back and first choice right back are suspended and we're away from home. Put all your money on a Huddersfield win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Smash Huddersfield please and thanks

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Horse Inspector posted:

I am the harbinger of doom. I am a sailor in the corner of a hazy, wood-beamed pub. Sitting by the slap-dash, half stained glass window I spill tales of woe, beer and deep sea dangers to any one who will listen. I do this partly to cope, partly to warn others and partly to sound wise. It's all I have left and I would appreciate being humored.

Tonight Ipswich play Wigan at home and if they do not win what follows could be total devastation that would be the end of club in its current form.

Without some kind of outside cash infusion very soon I'm fairly sure Evans will need to cut his growing losses and declare the club bankrupt. This of course means points deductions and other penalties. From the outside it appears the club is clinging grimly and pathetically to the hope we can hold on to survival, before closing our eyes and pulling the trigger. I can't blame Evans for trying to get the best outcome he can but it's a hell of a gamble.

What you have to understand is we will be going down no matter what. It is a case of when, not if. Limping through this season gives us another of Championship football next, and the slightly better prospect for Evans to offload but the club's situation is so toxic it won't happen. Caving now would mean going down in the same instant but at least we'd start at even for the rebuild. If we fail to stay up (and trust me, despite a few short weeks of apparent improvement a bit back, we are more than bad enough) and then have to take the punishments we start next season in League One at minus points and we will go down again. From there the bottom is anyone's guess.

Sometimes when teams go down it can almost be a good thing. Relegation clauses can mean getting out from under bad contracts and can provide an opportunity to "clear the decks". Unfortunately Ipswich already did that. The squad is put together with sofa change, ticket prices are already at the higher end for the league, every expendable staff member culled (even in the bars, I mean everywhere), every possible corner that can be cut has been savagely lopped off. There is no where else to go.

So I extend a plea to benevolent supporters. Pray with me for a win this evening, Wigan are already gone they don't need any pity. If Evans is going with this gamble then so be it I guess we're all-in. We have to stay up to have hope of a future rebirth.

I am happy for you sad poster :unsmith:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
We're back in the playoffs thanks to more dodgy defending from fool-ham

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Ewar Woowar posted:

I am happy for you sad poster :unsmith:

Thank you friend.

I was just looking at insolvency penalties because I'm a really fun kind of guy and for those interested (no one) the relevant section is 12.3.3 here.

If I am reading this correctly, because it is passed the last Thursday in March, an 'insolvency event' prior to seasons end would mean the deduction is applied at the end of the season and consequences decided thereafter.

So if Ipswich went insolvent now the season would carry on as normal and then if we finished more than 12pts ahead of relegation we would eat the deduction and stay up as normal. The difference of doing it after the last Thursday if you are relegated without the deduction, then it would carry to the following season.

So as I understand it if we came out of this season's penultimate game 16pts ahead of relegation, we could fold right then and basically get away with it. Granted it's dirty and I don't think it would happen that way anyway, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm currently near Norwich instead of at at James park tonight so hoping for a big Norwich win

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
like i post every week

the
refs
are
poo poo

they are absolutely diabolically poo poo, every loving week. not a week goes by without some ridiculous bull poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sounds like a.major referee gently caress up.in the Newcastle match

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017

Jose posted:

Sounds like a.major referee gently caress up.in the Newcastle match

Newcastle given penalty
Newcastle score penalty
Newcastle told to retake penalty
Newcastle ruled to never have been granted a penalty
Free kick to burton

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

littlejoey posted:

Newcastle given penalty
Newcastle score penalty
Newcastle told to retake penalty
Newcastle ruled to never have been granted a penalty
Free kick to burton

Can't wait for the explanation on that one.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:wtc:

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017
Is there any rules that a ref can't go back on his initial penalty call AFTER it's already been shot and scored?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
lmao 3 minutes added time from a 10 minute stoppage because tHe ReFs ArE poo poo

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Lol Keith Stroud literally doesn't know the rulesb of football.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Then I'd go looking for Keith Stroud. I'd be hovering just down the road from his house, there. And he'd see us, but I'd duck down behind the trees, and he thinks he's safe, right? And he's just about to put the key in his front door, and I come up from behind the hedge, 'Hello, you bastard.' He panics, right? And he goes in the house, so I get the 30-millimetre canon and I take out the fish pond, coy carp in there couple of rounds each, right? And then I just tilt the helicopter over to one side and the machine-gun bullets is chewing up the drive, right? He comes out. 'Oh no! Not me Triumph Stag! I've just had it resprayed!' I cut it right in half, right? And then he goes, 'Ahhh!' He runs up on to the garage roof. I say, 'Right. This is for you, Keith.' He goes, 'No, no!' He's begging us, he's begging us man, 'No, please don't!' And then I fly off to Cornwall and I just smash in the sea in a big ball of flames.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Breath Ray posted:

Then I'd go looking for Keith Stroud. I'd be hovering just down the road from his house, there. And he'd see us, but I'd duck down behind the trees, and he thinks he's safe, right? And he's just about to put the key in his front door, and I come up from behind the hedge, 'Hello, you bastard.' He panics, right? And he goes in the house, so I get the 30-millimetre canon and I take out the fish pond, coy carp in there couple of rounds each, right? And then I just tilt the helicopter over to one side and the machine-gun bullets is chewing up the drive, right? He comes out. 'Oh no! Not me Triumph Stag! I've just had it resprayed!' I cut it right in half, right? And then he goes, 'Ahhh!' He runs up on to the garage roof. I say, 'Right. This is for you, Keith.' He goes, 'No, no!' He's begging us, he's begging us man, 'No, please don't!' And then I fly off to Cornwall and I just smash in the sea in a big ball of flames.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Someone needs to take Norwich's defence out the back and shoot it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think they did that before the match according to bse

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Breath Ray posted:

:discourse:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

3 points, 3 more wins should seal promotion imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I believe in QPR.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Tasty looking fixtures for Newcastle coming up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think Brighton will win the league now

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Wolves will be tough and Bristol depending on whether they are still in trouble.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
As a Wednesday fan I'm excited

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I've booked my haircut right before the game, smh

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I've booked my haircut right before the game, smh

You're in control of this scenario.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

As a lifelong QPR fan, I can tell you this was the wrong choice

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I used to believe in Santa Claus. Same end result: heartbreak and disappointment.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

You're in control of this scenario.

She's booked out for 3 weeks, I checked immediately.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
lol Norwich are 5 nil up after 35 minutes wtf

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Blue Star Error posted:

lol Norwich are 5 nil up after 35 minutes wtf

Colchester are 4-0 up too, something in the ABI waters today

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

6-1 now this is the strangest season

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
What on earth, also get the gently caress in Forest.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Kodjia is on 19 goals for villa, the last person to score 20+ goals in a league season for us was Andy gray about 40 years ago apparently

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

If we can score one more Reading will be 4th with a negative goal difference

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Blue Star Error posted:

6-1 now this is the strangest season

Wtf can't believe i turned down a free ticket

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Frankston posted:

Kodjia is on 19 goals for villa, the last person to score 20+ goals in a league season for us was Andy gray about 40 years ago apparently

Wasn't he signed in January loving hell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:getin: forest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Nice goal difference Reading

• Locked thread