Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
frynai and saidine are actually pretty goddamn solid, i like their names and their designs overall, they do a great job of being cool and also goddamn adorable, Saidine's little headband and super serious samurai expression is just the most precious thing

Daikatuna fucks it up, all you had to do was make a swordfish but it had a katana, style its fins like a samurai helmet, and just call it Katuna. instead you have to make some weird fishman who taped a sword to its head, and name it after an internet meme so old that it could be a fossil pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

it's baffling to me that Frynai isn't called Tunai

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Gyra_Solune posted:

frynai and saidine are actually pretty goddamn solid, i like their names and their designs overall, they do a great job of being cool and also goddamn adorable, Saidine's little headband and super serious samurai expression is just the most precious thing

Saidine is legit, but Frynai isn't quite there on either count. I really like the design but the execution is a bit off--the tail is rendered in a very flat, stiff manner which doesn't really mesh with the body so it just looks like an icon of a kunai randomly superimposed on a fish (contrast with Saidine where there's a curve that runs through the whole body and tail, creating a sense of continuity between the two parts.)

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Silver Falcon posted:

I agree that it's cute, but I thought it looked more like a manticore.

It's a mix between a manticore and a chimera I guess. No goat head, but it does have wings.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Nihilarian posted:

it's baffling to me that Frynai isn't called Tunai

The tuna pun spot was already occupied by Daikatuna.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This.

This is the game that gets you to start drawing again.

What even.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
The correct evolution line for dunsparce is dunsparce -> hoop snake pokémon -> ouroboros pokémon. :colbert:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Gyra_Solune posted:

name it after an internet meme so old that it could be a fossil pokemon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
did john romero die after daikatana came out

did carmack fulfill the prophecy and subsume his essence into his being

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

did carmack fulfill the prophecy and subsume his essence into his being

romero is still alive and he is currently doing a thing with carmack's brother IIRC

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

HardDiskD posted:

romero is still alive and he is currently doing a thing with carmack's brother IIRC

i have a small niggling feeling that that was a joke

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

i will fully admit that i was surprised to know that romero was still alive when he announced the kickstarter project with carmack's brother, so i gave lesbian the benefit of the doubt.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

No, he just went on the speaking circuit instead.

http://romero.com/bios/
http://romero.com/speaking/

HardDiskD posted:

Put on pause about a year ago, so probably dead.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/29/11536508/blackroom-kickstarter-canceled-john-romero-adrian-carmack-new-fps

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

nah, i was sincerely curious what happened to Romero, cool he's working with John Carmack...'s brother

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oh well nevermind

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

and name it after an internet meme so old that it could be a fossil pokemon

I bet you go around telling children Santa isn't real

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
He's actually in Galway, Ireland, making little indie games now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/586310

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Quinntan posted:

He's actually in Galway, Ireland, making little indie games now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/586310

At first I thought this was a reply to LAY-ZX's post and now I'm sad that Santa is not making little indie games in Galway :(

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Straight White Shark posted:

At first I thought this was a reply to LAY-ZX's post and now I'm sad that Santa is not making little indie games in Galway :(

Is John Romero actually Santa? Could this be the puzzle???

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 5, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Daikatuna, made by John Remora

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Dragonwagon posted:

Turns out all TMs are made by a prison chaplain in Florida.

Wow, I'm surprised no one commented on this Stone Ocean reference yet.

Now I'm imagining all the JoJos as Pokemon trainers.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
The only reason I thought that was the second jokey line.

Im not surprised he left public light after daikatana though lol

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

drat near all these evolutions are just "they get longer/become An Animal" and it's the worst. That and the artist's Shenlong fetish.

Daikatuna is this game's peak. I have no idea what's coming up but there's no way it's not just all downhill from there

:getin:

Im not surprised he left public light after daikatana though lol

AGDQ17 not having John commentary over the Daikatana run was the biggest crime.

Zeikier fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 5, 2017

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Ryushikaze posted:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ryushikaze posted:

Why imagine when it's a reality?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Its Speed is 150 and you gave it a C Speed grade? The gently caress is an A?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

alcharagia posted:

Deoxys S with a choice scarf, obviously.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

alcharagia posted:

The speed at which a nerd finds and complains about minutia in a joke post.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

alcharagia posted:

OFS gave Speed an A tho?

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

alcharagia posted:

Look, Emperor had Precision D somehow. He's just being true to the source material.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Tevery Best posted:

Look, Emperor had Precision D somehow. He's just being true to the source material.

Precision E, actually.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

OFS gave Speed an A tho?

:ssh: OFS gave Rocket Man's Stand stats as B in Destructive Power, C in Speed, C in Range, A in Durability, C in Precision, D in Development Potential.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Vinylshadow posted:

Why imagine when it's a reality?

And the antagonists get it too:

Naggums
Aug 6, 2014
so many of these designs are hot messes but sometimes they're cool enough to want to draw them

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Naggums posted:

so many of these designs are hot messes but sometimes they're cool enough to want to draw them

This is a good art.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that happens to be one of the few lines in uranium that i like. the sprites could use a little touching up but the concept is neat

final form really doesn't need to be a trade evo, though

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

that happens to be one of the few lines in uranium that i like. the sprites could use a little touching up but the concept is neat

final form really doesn't need to be a trade evo, though

ya know, fan-games have a good position to get rid of terrible mechanics, and while i understand why you might keep in 1% encounters or bad moves i can't for the life of me understand keeping trade evos

it's not just cause they're only in there to give incentive to buy two versions, it's also that you have to set up the netcode to be able to do them and that just seems like a hassle

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

ya know, fan-games have a good position to get rid of terrible mechanics, and while i understand why you might keep in 1% encounters or bad moves i can't for the life of me understand keeping trade evos

it's not just cause they're only in there to give incentive to buy two versions, it's also that you have to set up the netcode to be able to do them and that just seems like a hassle

Pretty sure it's there in the official games as an incentive to have friends. The entire Pokemon franchise has been full of attempts to make the players finally go out and socialize. Exclusive Pokemon and trade evos, that IR Mystery Gift thing from Gen II, the Poke-Walker, then Pokemon GO! shows up and is just like "gently caress you, you need to go outside to play this at all and if you want items you better get ready to run into other human beings at Poke Stops".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I miss the first couple months of Pokemon Go's life. It died like the original fad, but for a while...

quote:

Also, this missing the three black pixels on the left side of the hat still bugs me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

Pretty sure it's there in the official games as an incentive to have friends. The entire Pokemon franchise has been full of attempts to make the players finally go out and socialize. Exclusive Pokemon and trade evos, that IR Mystery Gift thing from Gen II, the Poke-Walker, then Pokemon GO! shows up and is just like "gently caress you, you need to go outside to play this at all and if you want items you better get ready to run into other human beings at Poke Stops".

they can use all the reasons they wanted to justify it but let's be real, trade evos and exclusive pokemon were a way to get kids to bug their parents for both versions and only exist today as a legacy feature

• Locked thread