Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Iron Fist scratched the martial arts itch I had as a kid. And I'm in the middle of a massive life turnaround in an attempt to get fit and healthy sooooo I decided to look up my sensei from my teenaged martial arts days and found out he'd died. So that kind of put the breaks on me taking up martial study again.

Look up his son, he's probably hanging out on the top of a mountain or under a waterfall right about now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Lurdiak posted:

Look up his son, he's probably hanging out on the top of a mountain or under a waterfall right about now.

Contemplating his revenge on the evil martial arts master who killed his father.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, maybe I'M supposed to avenge his death???

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Rhyno posted:

A true master never dies. He was inside you all along.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

New Warriors comedy series coming run by someone who worked on Scrubs and Cougartown.

Oh, and Squirrel Girl will be in it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/squirrel-girl-tv-series-freeform-orders-marvels-new-warriors-991277

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
They are probably establishing Squirrel Girl so they have a way to end Infinity War.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They are probably establishing Squirrel Girl so they have a way to end Infinity War.

I'm down.

This is fantastic news, and I can't set a tivo season pass fast enough.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 5, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Endless Mike posted:

New Warriors comedy series coming run by someone who worked on Scrubs and Cougartown.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/squirrel-girl-tv-series-freeform-orders-marvels-new-warriors-991277

We live in strange, and sometimes beautiful times. I'm guessing Nova, Firestar, and Vance are off the table?
e: hey jackass, this isn't legends of tomorrow

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 6, 2017

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Endless Mike posted:

Didn't someone earlier in this thread suggest this very exact thing on the same exact channel?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So it's just Great Lakes Avengers but with the name New Warriors.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

So it's just Great Lakes Avengers but with the name New Warriors.

That makes total sense considering the division between the movie and tv-verses. The Big Green Dude and The Flag Waver aren't gonna be in it, so it's not an Avengers show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't care what they call it but it's not really New Warriors unless it has Night Thrasher and his skateboard. Make it happen Marvel and I'll watch your stupid Squirrel Girl show.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

X-O posted:

I don't care what they call it but it's not really New Warriors unless it has Night Thrasher and his skateboard. Make it happen Marvel and I'll watch your stupid Squirrel Girl show.

Amen

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

you're a monster

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

I bet you had a rival student that your master expelled from the dojo cuz he did bad things.

He killed your master. You must avenge him using the teachings that you learned from him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Can't wait for them to poo poo on squirrel girl

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

pubic works project posted:

I bet you had a rival student that your master expelled from the dojo cuz he did bad things.

He killed your master. You must avenge him using the teachings that you learned from him.

In my case I defeated my rival with the ancient art of chugging a bottle.of jack, making GBS threads my pants, leaving my ex voicemails while crying, and peeing on an apartment building

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It better have speedball and his cat.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

bunnyofdoom posted:

In my case I defeated my rival with the ancient art of chugging a bottle.of jack, making GBS threads my pants, leaving my ex voicemails while crying, and peeing on an apartment building

God drat.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Mr Hootington posted:

It better have speedball and his cat.

It better have Penance

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

And P-Cat, the Penitent Puss.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

My rival was my dignity.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yay Squirrel Girl! Boo its on TV which means it will exist in a vacuum and we'll completely miss her obsession with Stark and the other Avengers. Though what the hell is Freebase or whatever they're saying its on? Another Streaming service that isn't available outside of the US?

I guess if the Inhumans at least acknowledges the MCU exists i'll have more faith, but I don't really have it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

Though what the hell is Freebase or whatever they're saying its on? Another Streaming service that isn't available outside of the US?

Freeform is the new'ish name for ABC Family,

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

Freeform is the new'ish name for ABC Family,

Ah okay. So it will probably be on something in Canada, or not, becuase this country is stupid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

Ah okay. So it will probably be on something in Canada, or not, becuase this country is stupid.

I have a hard time believing it won't be available in Canada. Disney isn't a company known for leaving cash on the table.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Freeform is the new CW. Shows with hot actors and actresses aimed at the 18-35 demographic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Freebase is a better name for it though

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Freeball

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If Freeform isn't in Canada the show will probably end up on Netflix. They buy up all the orphan shows.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hopefully. It might show up on CTV, that is where all the DC and AoS are.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Hopefully. It might show up on CTV, that is where all the DC and AoS are.

Should be ABC Spark up here.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Freebase is a better name for it though

Freebird

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

If they make him like Al Ewing wrote him in Contest of Champions, I'm down.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd actually bet that Night Thrasher would be on it. I'd go with him and Speedball as most likely to be on the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

I'd actually bet that Night Thrasher would be on it. I'd go with him and Speedball as most likely to be on the show.

There's a lot of NW they can mine from the original series. Hindsight Lad, Turbo, Justice/Marvel Boy, Silhouette and Rage. Hell Darkhawk was a member for a minute, they can plop him into tv easy enough.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

Hindsight Lad

I just had to look this up because that's a fantastic name. Unfortunately, he soon dropped the "Lad" part.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

There's a lot of NW they can mine from the original series. Hindsight Lad, Turbo, Justice/Marvel Boy, Silhouette and Rage. Hell Darkhawk was a member for a minute, they can plop him into tv easy enough.

I really don't want to see Darkhawk's armor on a live action tv budget.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

I really don't want to see Darkhawk's armor on a live action tv budget.

Just go to Sam Raini (or whoever) and get hold of Carl Lumbly's old M.A.N.T.I.S. suit and customise away. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Famed director Sam Raini.

...M.A.N.T.I.S did own...at the time.