Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's really good if you're bringing the Crit buff along, but only if. So great if you were bringing Eiko already. Pairs nicely with Fires Within too, and ranks pretty high on this reddit physical bsb chart.

It's still Refia's BSB but worse - but that doesn't make it bad as long as you have the Crit buff handy.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

So how does crit chance and crit damage buffs stack?

I have the following:
Zell BSB
Refia BSB
Ramza Chant
Delita Counter-Tackle

so is there any benefit to using the latter two in addition to the first two? How does this all end up stacking?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Armitage posted:

I blew pretty much my entire egg supply on getting the characters I drew BSBs and OSBs for up to 99, except for Vayne because he lacks an MCIII

I wasted it all getting every non-generic character to level 65. Need to keep farming those rm 2's. It gets awkward when you have characters at level 70+ without sb's since their rm's never drop. Looking at you amarant, zack. At least I'm clearing dungeons semi-regularly now.

I should start focusing on torment dungeon characters so I have a decent staple of dudes at max level for that though.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Pander posted:

I have the following:
Zell BSB
Refia BSB
Ramza Chant
Delita Counter-Tackle

so is there any benefit to using the latter two in addition to the first two? How does this all end up stacking?

Crit chance buff overwrites, so whatever you use last. IE, you can not stack Zell BSB (50% crit) and Eiko BSB (50% crit) for 100% crit.
Crit damage buff I'm not sure since there are even less sources of it. Based on how most other buffs work though, I would imagine that it overwrites. Ramza is the only source of group-wide AND non-self only.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
My understanding is that if an ability states it does extra damage on crit, that WILL stack additively with Ramza's chant buff which also increases crit damage. The way this works is that they are not two separate buffs that overwrite each other, but rather a buff plus an inherent ability effect. I read this claim on reddit, however I have not confirmed this myself, so I would be interested to see someone test it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Pander posted:

I have the following:
Zell BSB
Refia BSB
Ramza Chant
Delita Counter-Tackle

I actually had to look some of this stuff up, so for reference on how crit chance buffs work.

Short form:
Crit buffs don't stack, but are added to an abilities' existing Crit Chance/Crit Damage Multiplier.

So for your team:
Party Buffs: Critical=50% from Zell; Crit damage +0.5 from Ramza [Refia's Crit chance is redundant, but both remain active in case one runs out)
Zell, Ramza: Has a 50% crit chance, deals x2.0 damage on crits
Refia, Delita: Has a 50% crit chance, and deals x2.5 damage on Crits from Refia Command 1/Delita Commands, x2.0 otherwise
If anyone had Exploding Fist, it would have a crit rate of 70%.

Longer form:

Critical Hit Rate = Innate Crit Rate (~3%) + Crit Rate Buff + Ability Crit Rate [It's Additive unlike other buffs]

Innate Crit Rate is how you always have a chance to crit on physical attacks. ~3% or so.
The Crit Rate buff is something that comes from Eiko's BSB or something. While multiple buffs can exist at the same time, only the highest % crit buff is used.
Ability Crit Rate is for abilities that natively have a crit rate, most notably Exploding Fist for Monks, and Squall's upcoming BSB2 Command 2.

Critical Damage Buffs always increase the Critical Hit Multipler by 0.5. For normal abilities, this is 1.5 -> 2.0; for already buffed abilities, you're going from 2.0 -> 2.5.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 4, 2017

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Does Eiko's USB ever return?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bell_ posted:

Does Eiko's USB ever return?
not so far

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Eiko's USB was in Japan's Extreme Fest. But that fest also feature's Rosa's superior USB (because she's wrathable) that can make you near invincible (instacast heal, magic blink AND stock 2000 hp).

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I was grinding through the last few recent dungeons and then realized I hadn't done the FFT dungeons which easily allowed me to squeeze out enough mythril to pull on banner 5 before it ends in less than an hour.

If you're a dozen or so short be sure to go back and check for some quick and easy mythril.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

How long do half-stamina dungeons stick around? Do they go away today, or later?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

IllegallySober posted:

How long do half-stamina dungeons stick around? Do they go away today, or later?

Until the 9th, if I recall.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i wasn't planning to pull on banner 5, but i just had hit 50 mythril today and figured hell, it's the last anniversary banner, i won't see stuff like this for another year, so i dropped my last 50

well that worked out pretty well. time to save for whatever the next big thing is!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Cowcaster posted:

i wasn't planning to pull on banner 5, but i just had hit 50 mythril today and figured hell, it's the last anniversary banner, i won't see stuff like this for another year, so i dropped my last 50

well that worked out pretty well. time to save for whatever the next big thing is!

Actually, you'll see stuff like this in about 3 months when extreme fest hits

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

IllegallySober posted:

Without orbfest I have no idea what to do with my excess stamina before I hit a stamina crystal refresh while realm dungeon diving.

Up to 115 stamina and climbing. Aiming for 150-160 for a decent night's sleep worth of stamina.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Finally whomped the Nemesis. Took me down to my last OK OSB for 21k, but I got him. Dramatic fashion with Last Stand living up to its name and giving me that one last hit.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Alright so let's talk about Nemesis. I have all the tools (I think) to beat him but I have no ideas for a team. Here's what I have:

Raijin - Last Stand SSB and 2 fully honed Lifesyphons - level 80

Onion Knight - BSB and fully dived - level 99

Arc - Instant party heal + physical blink - level 99

Rosa and Yuna healing BSBs - Not sure which is better. Neither is 99 yet but I have the eggs for either

Y'shtola - Wall, fully dived - level 99

---

I do not have any kind of Radiant Shield but I'm not sure if Deployment Tactics is the right RW to use since the fight is so long. Will I need more than 2 uses?

If the above team is the one I use, how do I do any damage? It's almost any entirely defensive team.

I have 21 total level 99 characters after this orbfest and I've been playing for a year so I have a pretty big toolbox. Are there any major gaps I'm missing? Is there anyone unnecessary? Any help at all is appreciated.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Alright so let's talk about Nemesis. I have all the tools (I think) to beat him but I have no ideas for a team. Here's what I have:

Raijin - Last Stand SSB and 2 fully honed Lifesyphons - level 80

Onion Knight - BSB and fully dived - level 99

Arc - Instant party heal + physical blink - level 99

Rosa and Yuna healing BSBs - Not sure which is better. Neither is 99 yet but I have the eggs for either

Y'shtola - Wall, fully dived - level 99

---

I do not have any kind of Radiant Shield but I'm not sure if Deployment Tactics is the right RW to use since the fight is so long. Will I need more than 2 uses?

If the above team is the one I use, how do I do any damage? It's almost any entirely defensive team.

I have 21 total level 99 characters after this orbfest and I've been playing for a year so I have a pretty big toolbox. Are there any major gaps I'm missing? Is there anyone unnecessary? Any help at all is appreciated.

You can't use both Onion and Arc, so Arc goes to the curb.

Rosa BSB gives Magic Blink. That means you want her over Yuna.

So you're running Raijin, Rosa, Y'sh, OK +1.

What's your best offensive BSB or OSB options from FF 1,2,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13 or Tactics?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

CaptainPsyko posted:

You can't use both Onion and Arc, so Arc goes to the curb.

Rosa BSB gives Magic Blink. That means you want her over Yuna.

So you're running Raijin, Rosa, Y'sh, OK +1.

What's your best offensive BSB or OSB options from FF 1,2,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13 or Tactics?

I have both Orlandeau's OSB and BSB :getin:

Why does Arc go and not OK? I thought an instant medica was mandatory because he does Armageddon to open and then goes again before most regular medicas go off.

Also do I just ignore breakdowns and debuffs? What are my best RW options?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I was just thinking, for comedy, does Seifer's Radiant Shield effect that grows in power as he uses desperate madness stack with a generic Radiant Shield?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Earlier I got a Zidane OSB off the dollar of google credit, thanks survey for Party City.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Elephant Ambush posted:

Why does Arc go and not OK? I thought an instant medica was mandatory because he does Armageddon to open and then goes again before most regular medicas go off.

It's a bad idea to bring two chars from the same realm (Arc and OK) because two chars from the same realm ends up boosting Nemesis' stats

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Shock Trooper posted:

It's a bad idea to bring two chars from the same realm (Arc and OK) because two chars from the same realm ends up boosting Nemesis' stats

I'm aware of that. I'm asking why the instant medica goes off the team. I thought an instant medica was mandatory.

Here's my current team and setup. Tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm aware of that. I'm asking why the instant medica goes off the team. I thought an instant medica was mandatory.

Having a hastega is pretty important for nemesis. Instant medica makes your life easier with timing, but going without it is less problematic than forgoing a good source of hastega.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Valth001 posted:

Having a hastega is pretty important for nemesis. Instant medica makes your life easier with timing, but going without it is less problematic than forgoing a good source of hastega.

Alright so how does my setup look? Do I bother with breakdowns? If so, where do I put them? What are my best RW options?

And I guess what's my overall strat? Do I use OK BSB for extra damage or do I stick to Onion Slice for armor breakdown and damage?

Also I only have 3 accessories that give Slow resist and they're only moderate resists. I'm assuming they go to Rosa, Y'shtola and OK?

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

Alright so how does my setup look? Do I bother with breakdowns? If so, where do I put them? What are my best RW options?

And I guess what's my overall strat? Do I use OK BSB for extra damage or do I stick to Onion Slice for armor breakdown and damage?

Also I only have 3 accessories that give Slow resist and they're only moderate resists. I'm assuming they go to Rosa, Y'shtola and OK?

Looking at it, I'm hesitant about Orlandeau as physical characters are at a disadvantage in this fight as one of Nemesis' spammed moves applies an attack debuff on your characters. Additionally, Nemesis resists all elements which hurts Orlandeau's soul breaks. I'd recommend switching to Yuna for a second healer with a BSB instead and turtling through the fight with a Radiant Shield RW.

Onion Knight would probably be best carrying full break and magic breakdown with some ranged mage weapon from the back row if possible. If he has the chance, swiftspell from his BSB should do a decent amount of damage with magic buffs from both his burst and Yuna's. Onion Slice won't be worth it as a SB here since you'll need to keep hastega up through his burst.

Best RW option would be to take Deployment Tactics and heal through the damage with Rosa and Yuna while maintaining Last Stand through Raijin.

Slow resist accessories should go to Onion Knight and the healers.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
For the healers, both of them don't need to use their BSBs straight away so maybe better to give one Lionheart RM if you have access to that. Also with both BSBs you probably don't need two different curajas(or maybe even any at all, I know I didn't use any). So one of those slots could become a breakdown.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Does party composition matter much when levelling? I've jumped back in after about a year and a half off (chose a good time to do it apparently) and Vivi who was super useful early on due to an easy memory crystal and elemental attacks is now kind of dead weight for me. I pulled on his banner this morning and got Beatrix's sword and glove instead.

If I go with who has soul break gear my team right now would be Beatrix, Ramza (shout sword), Yuna (summoner's robes), Aerith (wizer rod) and Tyro. I also got Onion Knight's sword but I hear he's not worth it until very high levels. Can I live without a dedicated black mage?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Party Boat posted:

Can I live without a dedicated black mage?

You can, and in fact if you're running Ramza with Shout as your support it's better to. Pick your three heaviest physical hitters, Ramza, and either Aeris or Yuna with those SBs as a dedicated healer and you can trivially wreck most of the non-endgame content (non-Elite dungeons, events up to the Ultimate fights, etc).

Onion Knight is bad unless you can get him to level 99 and have Onion Motes to unlock his job abilities. Tyro is also pretty lame unless you have Sentinel Grimoire or just lack any other physical attackers; he's the most versatile character in the game but all his stats other than his defenses blow.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Cool, thanks. I think I got Healer's Grimoire as a super early pull and Tyro kind of stuck around from that. Thinking about it I'm definitely limiting myself given how often he or Vivi just auto attack for no damage.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Healer's Grimoire is one of the worst SB's in the game so unless you have literally nothing else, swap that out.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

to give you an idea of how bad healer's grimoire is: it requires TWO full SB gauges

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Beasteh posted:

to give you an idea of how bad healer's grimoire is: it requires TWO full SB gauges

:psyduck:

And here I thought the Jecht OSB was bad for needing multiple SB gauges to get a decent multiplier.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
So a friend built me a team before the event becaue I'm pretty bad and following all these pulls I wanted to see if you guys had opinions for alternative teams.

My account would be https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/miHN

I wasn't lucky with Cid Raines so I'm not sure if I have a non-melee team but I mostly want an idea on what to focus on heavily / hone abilities, etc...

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Thanks in a huge part to the Anniversay and the 2 banner before it, I was able to go back and finish the CMs every Mote dungeon last night except for X, which I've neglected and in which I only have 1 relic, Wakka BSB.

RW'ing Edea's BSB makes Mince meat out of Ifrit, holy poo poo. Having Fujin BSB and Irvine Pentabreak allowed me to make up for the lack of healer SB in VIII, though I got close to dying a few times. I think my team totaled like 2,000 hp in the last turn as he kept spamming poo poo at me, but for like 200hp per hit. Knowing that it was once considered one of the toughest fights made it all the more satisfying to beat with a RS team.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Valth001 posted:

Looking at it, I'm hesitant about Orlandeau as physical characters are at a disadvantage in this fight as one of Nemesis' spammed moves applies an attack debuff on your characters. Additionally, Nemesis resists all elements which hurts Orlandeau's soul breaks. I'd recommend switching to Yuna for a second healer with a BSB instead and turtling through the fight with a Radiant Shield RW.

Onion Knight would probably be best carrying full break and magic breakdown with some ranged mage weapon from the back row if possible. If he has the chance, swiftspell from his BSB should do a decent amount of damage with magic buffs from both his burst and Yuna's. Onion Slice won't be worth it as a SB here since you'll need to keep hastega up through his burst.

Best RW option would be to take Deployment Tactics and heal through the damage with Rosa and Yuna while maintaining Last Stand through Raijin.

Slow resist accessories should go to Onion Knight and the healers.

Thanks!

I'll give this a shot today and see what happens.

Can some cool goons with Deployment Tactics RW post your IDs? I can't seem to find very many.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I just changed mine to Deployment Tactics for you and anyone else who might need it.

WPfE

Does adding mind do anything for this SB?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I actually just changed my RW to deployment tactics yesterday and got a bunch of call ups.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/mBGE

mBGE should also work in ffrk. Btw is deployment tactics good enough a buff to run a Mage team off of? Lack of haste kinda sucks.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
run deployment tactics and RW sheepsong then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Now that Orbfest is over, it's safe to say that this was by far the most lucrative event in this game's history for me.

This is my haul from the whole event, including the 3 Lucky Draws, the free pull on the Player's Choice Banner, and a total of 7 pulls across the 5 Fest Banners (2, 1, 2, 1, 1). 425 Mythril in total spent.

Seraphim's Mace (IV)
Physician's Staff (XIII) - Dupe
Healing Staff (II) - Dupe
2x Shinra Bombshell (VII)
Masamune (V) - Dupe
2x Quistis's Dress (VII)
Iga Blade (T)
Onion Gauntlets (III) - Dupe
Judgement (VIII)
2x Onion Armor (III)
White Mage Robe (III)
Chirijiraden (VII)