Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Riley "Defensively Responsible" Sheahan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Riley "Defensively Responsible" Sheahan

Wow, Dylan Larkin did not have a good sophomore season.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

This is kind of entertaining.

Henrik Sedin hasn't been a minus player since his rookie season and how he's about to finish bottom ten in the league. He flat out gave up this year.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Letang out 4-6 months with a herniated cervical disc. That is really a huge blow to Pittsburgh's chances.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

Letang out 4-6 months with a herniated cervical disc. That is really a huge blow to Pittsburgh's chances.

Maybe Letang and his cervix shouldn't be playing a man's game!

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Christ how do you go from "confident he'll be back for playoffs" to "herniated disc, four to six month"?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Aphrodite posted:

Anyone can play :colbert:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

:agreed:

So who is Pittsburgh's #1 defenseman now? Schultz? Dumoulin?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Schremp Howard posted:

Christ how do you go from "confident he'll be back for playoffs" to "herniated disc, four to six month"?

Same way you can go from "The Head Coach has my complete confidence" to "We are proud to welcome Mike Keenan"

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

Same way you can go from "The Head Coach has my complete confidence" to "We are proud to welcome Mike Keenan"

JR isn't that loving dumb.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Schremp Howard posted:

Maybe he meant the 2018 playoffs :v:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

insofar as the best defense is a good offense, it's crosby

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Rip the pens.

E beaten by a mile lol

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Brad "The Perfect Angel" Marchand has a hearing for his nutshot last night.

New theory: Unless Marchand cheapshots opposing players on a regular basis his nose will grow so large he'll be unable see directly in front of him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"Journey" was an awesome little game

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Players don't usually even comeback from disk surgery at 100% so there's a chance Letang is still affected by this injury next season. Yikes

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm going to invoke the PAS rule. Someone boarded Pastrnak earlier so it was justified. Hockey play.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

I'm going to invoke the PAS rule. Someone boarded Pastrnak earlier so it was justified. Hockey play.

An eye for an eye, a crotch for a crotch.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Pens chances just got way worse in the playoffs. So long as Malkin comes back healthy, I don't feel like we're totally screwed. Then if Hagelin comes back (might be a long-shot) I'd feel even better. And if either Daley or Maatta come back, then at least we'd have a little more depth in our blue line and could give a little more breathing room for our ad hoc top pairing guys.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mind_Taker posted:

It's kinda by committee. All of Schultz, Hainsey, Dumo, and Cole are averaging around 20 mins a night right now.

Sounds like Daley may be close to coming back and he'd figure to be a big minute eater as well.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Caps are gonna be the heavy favorite for the playoffs now that Letang is out.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the Caps can lock up the president's trophy with at least a point tonight, right?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the Caps can lock up the president's trophy with at least a point tonight, right?

Yes, since they hold the tiebreaker against the Pens.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Pens chances just got way worse in the playoffs. So long as Malkin comes back healthy, I don't feel like we're totally screwed. Then if Hagelin comes back (might be a long-shot) I'd feel even better. And if either Daley or Maatta come back, then at least we'd have a little more depth in our blue line and could give a little more breathing room for our ad hoc top pairing guys.

Just one model, but yeah:

https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/849663098009079808

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

quote:

The Calgary Flames announced today that they have recalled goaltender Jon Gillies on an emergency basis from their AHL affiliate, the Stockton Heat.

Gillies, Calgary's third round pick (75th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft, has played 38 games for Stockton in his second pro season and has a 17-14-1 record with a shutout, a 2.95 GAA and a .909 SV%. The 23-year-old leads the Heat goalies in games played and wins as the club is currently tied for a playoff spot in the AHL.

I was hoping his numbers'd be better by now but hopefully he steps it up in the NHL.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Just occurred to me that this olympics stuff is overblown because they'll be cancelled once Trump starts a war on the Korean Peninsula.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Thufir posted:

Just occurred to me that this olympics stuff is overblown because they'll be cancelled once Trump starts a war on the Korean Peninsula.

That's even worse because the backup plan would likely be to hold them in Vancouver again.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
All the canucks need to do to finish in 29th is lose 3 games in regulation

you can do it Canucks!

I believe in... uh... the other teams!

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

In regards to Riley Sheahan, I really don't understand how you can play an entire NHL season as a forward and not score a goal

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Carver posted:

In regards to Riley Sheahan, I really don't understand how you can play an entire NHL season as a forward and not score a goal

Really. Even Jordin Tootoo has 2(too) this year.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Schlesische posted:

Wow, Dylan Larkin did not have a good sophomore season.

He regressed a bit and I'm sure was a victim of the "opponents learned him good!" idea but he's also been jerked around by Blashill. They're training the kid to eventually be a center so why on earth do they keep playing him at wing on the third line? To be fair to Blash, he eventually reversed this strategy at least. But man, Larkin hasn't gotten much support.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Carver posted:

when you understand that riley sheahan sucks, then it'll make sense.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I was hoping his numbers'd be better by now but hopefully he steps it up in the NHL.

It really hurt him to miss most of last year. Tough to adjust to being a pro and having to deal with that at the same time. I think he's still one of the top goalie prospects in the league.

At least as a goalie nobody expects him to be an impact guy right away. If he were a forward this would pretty much be his career (with Calgary) on the line at this point.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

It really hurt him to miss most of last year. Tough to adjust to being a pro and having to deal with that at the same time. I think he's still one of the top goalie prospects in the league.

At least as a goalie nobody expects him to be an impact guy right away. If he were a forward this would pretty much be his career (with Calgary) on the line at this point.

True. Goalies are sorta like lefthanded pitchers in the NHl, they get a lot of chances because it's hard to find one that can deliver consistently. I mean, if you look at Hasek's #'s in Chicago, they don't suggest "future GOAT", yet he is.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

All the canucks need to do to finish in 29th is lose 3 games in regulation

you can do it Canucks!

I believe in... uh... the other teams!

If they lose out, they finish 2nd last. The game against Arizona tomorrow is the biggest must lose game in franchise history. Defeat is now our only ally, we need no longer fear the slick recesses of ruination. Reach out and take the ragged hand that is proffered. It promises solace in a world fraught with success.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Indeed, and my body is ready for the canucks to pick 5th after three teams behind them win the lottery positions

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i wouldnt be surprised if the wings win the rest of their games and they lose out on a lottery position

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

Indeed, and my body is ready for the canucks to pick 5th after three teams behind them win the lottery positions

Get ready for this:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Loqieu posted:

Caps are gonna be the heavy favorite for the playoffs now that Letang is out.
There's no such thing as a heavy favourite in this day and age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/849663256339906560

Lol

• Locked thread