Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Maybe they said both things, possibly at the same exact time. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There were comics on both of those things.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

Given how left>right progression is pretty ingrained in western culture, I would assume the implication was a given.

But really the biggest shocker is that Rick likes sports and cared about 9/11.

Sorry, have to dogpile on, but storing the memories chronological is too complicated. It's just supposed to be funny that he stores a really important memory in his brain next to two really boring ones that don't mean much to him relatively (sports bloopers and 9/11).

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Let us examine this joke told in a farce.

*Time Passes*

Oh no, it's dead.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay guys I get it. I had that whole scene wrong.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Oh,Jesus. Can we please stop overanalyzing everything and just enjoy the show because it's cool and good?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm just trying to move on. People kept replying to it so I just wanted to go "yo, I get it now", and put it aside.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hell the end of the episode has beth saying she's going to make sure jerry leaves before he changes his mind, i'd be surprised if jerry didn't fold immediately the moment beth went to tell rick about the divorce

but how many times does he fold?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

CornHolio posted:

but how many times does he fold?

Half as many as directed.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
goddamn penny pinching moneybugs

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
You'd think, with someone known for being the most dangerous man in the galaxy, they'd spring for the best brainalizer possible.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Covok posted:

You'd think, with someone known for being the most dangerous man in the galaxy, they'd spring for the best brainalizer possible.

Bureaucracy. Getting the top tier brainalizer requires a request form in triplicate and takes weeks to be processed.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Slime posted:

Bureaucracy. Getting the top tier brainalizer requires a request form in triplicate and takes weeks to be processed.

"I thought you said they were robots!?"

"Bureaucrats, Morty! They are robots! Now, keep shooting!"

"My leg! Oh God, I think, I think I'm bleeding out!"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Maybe the thread title should include "Rick and Morty" so it's easier to find? No insult meant, just an ease of use suggestion. I know you have this whole gimmick in the OP you're supporting.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Salt Fish posted:

In the commentaries Harmon and Justin explicitly say that they don't want there to be continuity

That's odd being that the show has a decent amount of continuity. I'd go as far to say that it has more continuity than any other comedy cartoon outside of South Park.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Maybe the thread title should include "Rick and Morty" so it's easier to find? No insult meant, just an ease of use suggestion. I know you have this whole gimmick in the OP you're supporting.

Thread titles change over time. Embrace it.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

punk rebel ecks posted:

That's odd being that the show has a decent amount of continuity. I'd go as far to say that it has more continuity than any other comedy cartoon outside of South Park.

This post wins the "greatest irony content" award for this page.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, I thought they killed Kenny? How did he come back??

Covok
May 27, 2013

Last Chance posted:

Yeah, I thought they killed Kenny? How did he come back??

But the base blew up last episode and everyone died? How is it all normal now?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

Oh,Jesus. Can we please stop overanalyzing everything and just enjoy the show because it's cool and good?

On that note, I don't think that Rick's house is meant to be the Breaking Bad house, it's just a suburban house that looks somewhat similar. :colbert:

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
If it were the Breaking Bad house there would be a pizza on the roof, duh.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

I'm fully committed to this awful joke

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

That's what I thought, I went through a few pages of TVIV searching "rick and" and only found this thread as a link on the last page of the old thread.

Zaphod42 posted:

Thread titles change over time. Embrace it.

Thread subtitles change, but they always have the actual name of the show so you can find it plus a funny quote from the thread.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Cojawfee posted:

That's what I thought, I went through a few pages of TVIV searching "rick and" and only found this thread as a link on the last page of the old thread.

Right. I'm not against the joke. Just want people to have an easier time finding the thread.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Was a great episode.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Rick and Morty: Morty will bang the gong until Rick fixes the timeline and gets his sauce

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cojawfee posted:

Thread subtitles change, but they always have the actual name of the show so you can find it plus a funny quote from the thread.

Always?

Nah man there's been plenty of threads that have slightly altered names as a joke. Sometimes even the mods change them. Its just how it is.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zaphod42 posted:

Always?

Nah man there's been plenty of threads that have slightly altered names as a joke. Sometimes even the mods change them. Its just how it is.

All the threads I read have the unaltered name of what the thread is plus something funny.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

maybe, instead of trying to get people to have the RIGHT kind of fun, we just let them enjoy the scientist show however the hell they want to
just a thought

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I wonder which character has died more times, Fry or Rick?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I like the way one eye is looking right at Rick/the viewer and the other is very interested in something going on in the far corner of the garage :v:

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Strobe posted:

This post wins the "greatest irony content" award for this page.

The last three seasons of South Park have had heavy continuity, but yeah it's not really the best example.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I wonder if that really was what Beth's mom looked like or if that image of her was as fake as the house.

I wonder if Rick even remembers what Beth's mom looks like, or if all the alcohol has washed the memory of her face away.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

The last three seasons of South Park have had heavy continuity, but yeah it's not really the best example.

I know. The irony is that South Park is now known for its (recent) rigid continuity enough to be cited as example considering how it started.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Strobe posted:

I know. The irony is that South Park is now known for its (recent) rigid continuity enough to be cited as example considering how it started.

So the post refers to how Rick & Morty may go down the same path?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tendales posted:

If it were the Breaking Bad house there would be a pizza on the roof, duh.

For some reason I could totally see Rick watching Breaking Bad and thinking Heisenberg is the only good character our Earth ever made.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

punk rebel ecks posted:

Archer's pretty continuity heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

punk rebel ecks posted:

Bojack Horseman would like a drunken, sarcastic word with you.