Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
People in the thread think there's a chance they'll show at E3 :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

People in the thread think there's a chance they'll show at E3 :laffo:

They'll have a booth near the giant chicken.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Nicholas posted:

E3 Rumors

as a space man slightly nudges your ship and sends it hurtling through space

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

stinch posted:

Can't wait for the 2 hour power point presentation on the new referral system at citizencon.

It would totally be worth it to fill the crowd with goons armed with cake to throw it at Chris when he starts that bullshit.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
God that mobile game i hope to christ its real

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DapperDon posted:

It would totally be worth it to fill the crowd with goons armed with cake to throw it at Chris when he starts that bullshit.

He'd spit the cake out of the sky before it landed.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

And everytime he does, it causes thousands of spergs to go directly into suicide watch mode. There is nothing more hilarious than watching these spergs bounce around in their padded aquariums like loving superballs. Each one losing their everloving poo poo in new and amazing ways. I think big pharma is actually paying Derek for the way he conducts these stress tests on the limits of the meds that each of those spergs is on.

+42

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DapperDon posted:

Lol if you think we aren't eating the cake well before the event.

It should be fruit.

Fruit would survive.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

God that mobile game i hope to christ its real

There's always the roguelike to produce with the 'Lore'.

Kerberos went this route when they hosed their relationship with paradox over Sword of the Stars II. They also produced a piss-poor strategic game to keep the lights on while they attempt to rebuild.

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 5, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MilesK posted:

It's a shame Derek made mortal enemies of the people who actually want an autistic space sandbox with a 100 page manual.

:perfect:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
For those who don't know where to start in my Tweets today, there are 13. Start here

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/849621482108063746

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hey Derek Smark what would you say the odds are that Chris or Sandi goes to jail? 50:1? 10:1? 3:1?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

For those who don't know where to start in my Tweets today, there are 13. Start here

is this the two weeks to end all two weeks or just another two weeks?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Looking back on the past year, the only.thing remarkable about Star Citizen is the complete lack of progress.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
I heard space court. What's going on? Is the E.L.E upon us for realsies this time?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

ManofManyAliases posted:

I heard space court. What's going on? Is the E.L.E upon us for realsies this time?

Nah man. Thread just missed you, and Derek knew if he posted a twitter post or blog that you'd be along shortly.

How's it going? I hope everything with you is going well.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I occasionally check the historical catalog of drama, it CAN'T have been this long without another major gently caress up from CiG since the Lumberyard clusterfuck.

Anyone fill me in for the past couple months?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I occasionally check the historical catalog of drama, it CAN'T have been this long without another major gently caress up from CiG since the Lumberyard clusterfuck.

Anyone fill me in for the past couple months?

star citizen bad

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

It seems Dr. Smart is trying to write a blog post on twitter.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Twitter feels grief.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beexoffel posted:

This post made me realise that it's not just a personality cult, but an apocalyptic cult. And the date of salvation is moved each time it passes.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

:siren:blog in progress 13/:siren:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

I sure am glad twitter provides such a convenient medium for posting large amounts of text.

Wouldn't want to accidentally post that paragraph in a way that people can read without clicking 900 times.

Thanks, twitter. Twanks.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

This Is A Stage 1 Blog Alert

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

You really think there's an "if" involved?

The only variable is how long until they throw a sale and nobody turns up, there's no actual game on the horizon. They'd need years of development work from scratch and if you reach the point of starting over the Cryengine would not be involved.

You're assuming that they're not blatantly cheating the funding counter by slowly trickling in external sources of income, like loans or a new round of angel investors. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason CIG threw that Dinner for Schmucks Whales if the rumor is true. For me failure means a complete and utter disaster where CIG can't even deliver a MVP, and backers spend the foreseeable future hoping they can get what assets CIG did produce so they can make their own game.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

star citizen bad

:eyepoop:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Much like Star Citizen, these apocalyptic predictions will never deliver.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Still waiting for MoMA's Star Marine video

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You're assuming that they're not blatantly cheating the funding counter by slowly trickling in external sources of income, like loans or a new round of angel investors. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason CIG threw that Dinner for Schmucks Whales if the rumor is true. For me failure means a complete and utter disaster where CIG can't even deliver a MVP, and backers spend the foreseeable future hoping they can get what assets CIG did produce so they can make their own game.

They don't even need to do all that, they could just write it to have a random floor around 20k. There no legal accounting basis to the tracker so it's no different than one of those hit counters on a geocities site.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

stinch posted:

Can't wait for the 2 hour power point presentation on the new referral system at citizencon.

I wonder if they'll find someone who can actually pronounce the word "referral" to do the presentation this time.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

DapperDon posted:

And everytime he does, it causes thousands of spergs to go directly into suicide watch mode. There is nothing more hilarious than watching these spergs bounce around in their padded aquariums like loving superballs. Each one losing their everloving poo poo in new and amazing ways. I think big pharma is actually paying Derek for the way he conducts these stress tests on the limits of the meds that each of those spergs is on.

Honestly we need to keep this type of poo poo in check. Not only is this not true, even if it were it should not make you happy just because people like a vidya game you don't. Real harm will come of this, and despite the bad taste the handful of insufferable citizens that are amplified on social media leave in our mouths, most are people just like you or me that want something cool and are caught up in the hype and have more in common with victims/survivors than anything. Don't let the douchebaggary of a handful justify callous disregard towards entire groups of people like some kind of person that unironically browses r/The_Donald or something. As for the crobbler and his wretched wife, welp...

That is all. Carry on.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Orions Lord posted:

This is it...cig will go down.

In two weeks.

drat collapse-locust, it's being refactored!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A CIG Failure to me is Chris Roberts becoming an industry joke and Star Citizen never living up to 10% of his promises. So from my point of view CIG already failed and all we're doing is waiting until they can't hide it from all the backers any longer.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thoatse posted:

Honestly we need to keep this type of poo poo in check. Not only is this not true, even if it were it should not make you happy just because people like a vidya game you don't. Real harm will come of this, and despite the bad taste the handful of insufferable citizens that are amplified on social media leave in our mouths, most are people just like you or me that want something cool and are caught up in the hype and have more in common with victims/survivors than anything.

Nah, gently caress'em. Anyone losing their poo poo in /r/ds over a tweet is one of the "handful" of insufferable citizens.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

biglads posted:

Still waiting for MoMA's Star Marine video

I get annoyed that people keep asking about MoMA's Star Marine video. It's already in the YouTube, you've already seen it, you're watching it now it was only a supposed to be a testbed for shitposting about videos and we already figured out how to shitpost.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Honestly we need to keep this type of poo poo in check. Not only is this not true, even if it were it should not make you happy just because people like a vidya game you don't. Real harm will come of this, and despite the bad taste the handful of insufferable citizens that are amplified on social media leave in our mouths, most are people just like you or me that want something cool and are caught up in the hype and have more in common with victims/survivors than anything. Don't let the douchebaggary of a handful justify callous disregard towards entire groups of people like some kind of person that unironically browses r/The_Donald or something. As for the crobbler and his wretched wife, welp...

That is all. Carry on.

Then allow me to clarify that I do not wish harm on anyone. But if harm comes to anyone stemming from this shitshow collapsing, then I want Chris, Sandi, and all the other cockwhistles at CIG to be held openly accountable. I want my loving victory lap and no amount of human suffering is going to prevent that. No real lessons in life come without that and a very real lesson is being taught here about video game obsession.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Derek's ELE was a called shot, he just changed the date and told everyone it was a suggestion and not hard fact didn't tell us which year!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Nah, gently caress'em. Anyone losing their poo poo in /r/ds over a tweet is one of the "handful" of insufferable citizens.

WORD!
:perfect:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Derek, I invite you to roll a d20 and add your highest stat aa a modifier (Its Charisma, right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Definitely gently caress those twats, just keep in mind they have as about as much in common with average citizens as al qaida has with average muslims and it's not good to assume they're all terrorists. There's probably less than 500 'radicalized citizens' that deserve to down with the ship if it sinks, out of 500k people that have thrown money at this. Whether this the ele or not I think we should keep perspective.