Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
party hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Thoatse posted:

Definitely gently caress those twats, just keep in mind they have as about as much in common with average citizens as al qaida has with average muslims and it's not good to assume they're all terrorists. There's probably less than 500 'radicalized citizens' that deserve to down with the ship if it sinks, out of 500k people that have thrown money at this. Whether this the ele or not I think we should keep perspective.

I'm a backer and I'm comfortable with this.

I'm also not throwing serious cash at a project without a loving contract, which I think sets me apart from SC whales.

look at dat fukkin dog.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Definitely gently caress those twats, just keep in mind they have as about as much in common with average citizens as al qaida has with average muslims and it's not good to assume they're all terrorists. There's probably less than 500 'radicalized citizens' that deserve to down with the ship if it sinks, out of 500k people that have thrown money at this. Whether this the ele or not I think we should keep perspective.

'radicalized citizens'

I am totally using that poo poo my man!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Hav posted:

I'm a backer and I'm comfortable with this.

I'm also not throwing serious cash at a project without a loving contract, which I think sets me apart from SC whales.

look at dat fukkin dog.

Get a refund.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MilesK posted:

Get a refund.

You're not my real Dad.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

DapperDon posted:

'radicalized citizens'

I am totally using that poo poo my man!

admiral ackbaaaarrr!11

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
No one's going to be glorying in the fact that a couple hundred thousand people lost the $35 they threw into the kickstarter pot early and never gave a second thought. It's the shitheads enthusiastically propagating misinformation on the RSI forums and /r/starcitizen and in article comment sections, essentially any citizen who's taken part in the pumping up of the scam since 2015, that are worthy of scorn and are sources of ethically sound schadenfreude.

They don't just like a video game, Thoatse, they're literal cultists. And it's hilarious because they're not vulnerable people preyed upon by a charismatic sociopath, they're people with disposable income that were silly enough to give it to a gesticulating thumb in a rug who is completely devoid of charisma and made a game a quarter of a century ago.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip6dLZUNG7Y&t=12s

>$600

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Chalks posted:

I sure am glad twitter provides such a convenient medium for posting large amounts of text.

Wouldn't want to accidentally post that paragraph in a way that people can read without clicking 900 times.

Thanks, twitter. Twanks.

He could've typed it in a text editor and taken a screenshot but that would be way less effort.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thoatse posted:

admiral ackbaaaarrr!11

:five::five::five::five::five:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Chin posted:

No one's going to be glorying in the fact that a couple hundred thousand people lost the $35 they threw into the kickstarter pot early and never gave a second thought. It's the shitheads enthusiastically propagating misinformation on the RSI forums and /r/starcitizen and in article comment sections, essentially any citizen who's taken part in the pumping up of the scam since 2015, that are worthy of scorn and are sources of ethically sound schadenfreude.

They don't just like a video game, Thoatse, they're literal cultists. And it's hilarious because they're not vulnerable people preyed upon by a charismatic sociopath, they're people with disposable income that were silly enough to give it to a gesticulating thumb in a rug who is completely devoid of charisma and made a game a quarter of a century ago.

" thumb in a rug" Now replace that with "Pumps in a Bump"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk1YtbkZTqc&t=30s

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Chin posted:

pretty much this

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Chin posted:

welcome to r/starcitizen :)

I think you are misreading what I'm saying. I am going to _really enjoy_ the schadenfreude of the gremlechs and cthulus and cymelions and lethalitys and such. It's just that there are a lot (most really) of people that are super into this that are not Lancel but are still going to be very sad and deeply affected by this if it all goes tits up... lots of fathers/sons and harmless spergs and groups of friends that are oblivious of the politics and shenanigans etc.

e: it would be swell if one of you shoopers could make the 7 pointed star the SC logo

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 5, 2017

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thoatse posted:

Sure, the 500 that discouraged others from getting refunds deserve to get hosed by a cactus but that doesn't mean the 500k that listened to them don't deserve to be mocked.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You're assuming that they're not blatantly cheating the funding counter by slowly trickling in external sources of income, like loans or a new round of angel investors. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason CIG threw that Dinner for Schmucks Whales if the rumor is true. For me failure means a complete and utter disaster where CIG can't even deliver a MVP, and backers spend the foreseeable future hoping they can get what assets CIG did produce so they can make their own game.
Perfectly reasonable. The average whale is probably a better game developer than the current CEO. Even the whales understand Crobbers needs to go before there is any chance of a game.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Reminder in these trying times, make sure your warlord insurance is up to date.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I second the vote for an "E.L.E. alarm counter" in the OP.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Chalks posted:

Much like Star Citizen, these apocalyptic predictions will never deliver.

And that's where entropy comes from. The eternal dance between Derseph Smarlin's Salty Goonailures and Her Majesty's Stimperial Shitizenry Brigade.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Regrettable posted:

He could've typed it in a text editor and taken a screenshot but that would be way less effort.

He could have included the text that he wanted to us to read in the loving post where he told us to read it, too.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/849712583103791104

*no travel involved.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
No twitter bashing please, it's making merica great again

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

In other news, pets seem to be coming along nicely

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Thoatse posted:

admiral snackbaaaarrr!11

Fixed :)

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/badnewsbaron

Lando taking chat questions

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I .... I can't.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Derek go home.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

I .... I can't.

I managed about 12 mins

yeay me

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

DapperDon posted:

I .... I can't.

I clicked the link, he was talking about how everyone calls Toast by his "Toast" name, I was going to say that we know him by his petname of "MoMa", but *effort*.

Then I closed the browser and didn't really give it a second thought.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Lando thinks that Star Citizen has influenced Blizzard to do "Dev Diaries" and poo poo like that.

Haha.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

None of the hardcore cultists will be publicly upset at CIG or Croberts when the project implodes, they're going to:

Say it was only money
Say it was worth it to show those DANG DIRTY PUBLISHERS
Blame Derek
Blame goons

None of these outcomes is a recipe for that much funny.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
An optimistic chatter when asked about release.
"Bulevine: but we (community) estimate 3-4 years"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

History Comes Inside! posted:

None of the hardcore cultists will be publicly upset at CIG or Croberts when the project implodes, they're going to:

Say it was only money
Blame Derek
Blame goons

Really? I find the idea that a bunch of layabout shitposting in an obscure corner of a dead gay comedy forum brought down a $100+ million company hilarious. We need to own that poo poo and use it. Hey, Square Enix! I want a sequel to Sleeping Dogs. Get on it or I'll start making crappy jokes about you.

e: Indian catte tax because the bhabhi thread in GBS is great:

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 5, 2017

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'd rather see them losing their minds and baying for blood but that would require them to admit that giving CIG money was dumb, and that means they're dumb, and that can't be true because they're super smart.

It'll all be someone else's fault and no lesson will be learned.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
A guy I used to work with talked about some space game that sounded totally impossible. In retrospect, I realize he may have been talking about Star Citizen. He talked a big game about getting rich off Bitcoin and stock microtransactions and if he had any true $$$ at all he definitely would have backed SC. Chester aka Tibbs, if you're reading this, you need to get a refund, pal. Derek Smart was right.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Sega need to get another Alpha Protocol made. In case they think I'm bluffing: Sega? More like GAYga! And there's more where that came from.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'd rather see them losing their minds and baying for blood but that would require them to admit that giving CIG money was dumb, and that means they're dumb, and that can't be true because they're super smart.

It'll all be someone else's fault and no lesson will be learned.

Dude, they don't have that kind of self-control. If they did they wouldn't have spent $$$ on a piece of poo poo purveyed by assholes.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Say it was only money
Blame Derek
Blame goons

People lost their minds over no man's sky not being all it was hyped up to be. The concierge ($1000+) line at CIG events is longer than the standard one, the drama from Star Citizen failing is going to be scary. I'll actually be relieved if nothing too crazy happens.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StarCitizenAA/status/849748932301377536

quote:

I received a few comments telling me that many people were experiencing lag and frame rate issues. So.. I researched it and decided to update yesterday's video.

:gary:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/849603501223292928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them