Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oh my god, Andy Daly's Donald Duck on I4H

Haven't listened to I4H in awhile but I'll give this one a go if it's that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Haven't listened to I4H in awhile but I'll give this one a go if it's that good.

It's definitely fallen out of my regular rotation, but Andy Daly and Will Hines are hilarious, I definitely recommend it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Definitely a really solid episode, though Matt is dead wrong about that case closed argument at the end. Any sole employee that took it upon themselves to change corporate policy at any given franchise location would be fired, full-stop. It's a ridiculous stance to take. That particular situation is an issue between the customer and the corporation, and any given employee at a franchise has no responsibility whatsoever to act.

In general I4H has been on a roll recently, though. The Adam McKay/Neil Casey episode was similarly great, as was the Dan Lippert/Drew Tarver. I think maybe the secret to a tight episode is reducing the number of guests, which it seems like he's doing a run of now.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oh my god, Andy Daly's Donald Duck on I4H

Shoulda gotten him for Ducktales so the whole cast could be friends of Earwolf outside of, bafflingly, David Tennant.

e: Ha, Besser just asked me on the Reddit thread about the episode to debate an ethicist about it on a future episode. No way in hell.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 30, 2017

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

It's a strange hill to die on but Besser is pretty uncompromising when it comes to the "just following orders" defense and I respect that. I'm typically in the "who gives a poo poo about 50 cents" camp so he did sort of motivate me to be more assertive at work which was cool.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It was fun to tune in after some time off to see how the confrontation corner has grown. Matt Besser loves to argue!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I for one really love the podcast Old Man Argues Angrily About Stupid Things With Very Good Improv Breaks Between Arguments

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He doesn't really do case closed that much anymore, I think that might even have been the first time this year unless I'm forgetting one

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

feedmyleg posted:

e: Ha, Besser just asked me on the Reddit thread about the episode to debate an ethicist about it on a future episode. No way in hell.

Pffft, classic mope move.

Someone already responded to Besser and volunteered to debate in-person at the studio. Wonder how many more offers like that he'll get before he decides maybe just stick with just debating the "professional ethicist" (is that an actual thing?) himself.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ibntumart posted:

Someone already responded to Besser and volunteered to debate in-person at the studio. Wonder how many more offers like that he'll get before he decides maybe just stick with just debating the "professional ethicist" (is that an actual thing?) himself.

Sounds like someone's getting set up to get Crossballs'ed.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I JUST WANT TO LISTEN TO GREAT IMPROV AND NOT DEBATES OR MUSICIANS!!!!! AGRGRGRGUABDJSARA!

Sorry.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I like the musicians but CC is dump

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Today's With Special Guest.... is a pretty great bit. Howard is a delightful weirdo.

Edit: podcast characters being alt-right is a well that's going to be tapped so often

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 31, 2017

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

For a little context, Howard actually does have a twin sister who he rarely talks about because they don't get along.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ibntumart posted:

"professional ethicist" (is that an actual thing?)
Ya. Like a philosophy professor who works primarily in ethics, but it's also a thing in various industries. Legal ethicists, medical ethicists, huge rear end companies have them sometimes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The case close in this I4H is actually pretty good, the moment when the guy describe what the person got angry about each time was pretty funny.

Also they did discover a massive conspiracy.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was actually OK with this Case Closed. I think it was because Will Hines and Andy Daly asked actual questions instead of Matt just ranting like an rear end in a top hat with nobody to keep him in check.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/shrimpsradio/status/848903532686172161

:captainpop:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Jesus Christ. Could I love Matt Gourley any more?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This is pretty fantastic.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kevin's song in the new hollywood handbook is incredible

also I hope the song they played at the end was just a joke

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
That was an all time good Hollywood Handbook. I hope Sean being down on himself is just a bit, but it doesn't really seem like it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Only heard the pre-guest bit so far but the recorded conversation with Colin Anderson was fantastic, bitch.

"What do you call a billion lawyers at the bottom of the ocean on fire?"
"Best day of my whole life."
"Yeah, call it friggin' Christmas morning."

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I can't friggin' wait to listen to this ep.

As a side bar, I'm pretty sure I've laughed every time Sean or Hayes has ever leaned into the word "friggin'" during a bit.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tatumje posted:

As a side bar, I'm pretty sure I've laughed every time Sean or Hayes has ever leaned into the word "friggin'" during a bit.

I think they have too, it's what makes it special.

Have they talked about "Dwayne Rock Johnson" in the last few weeks? Searching for it brought up the episode with their Rotten Tomatoes review of San Andreas from a long time ago, but I recall hearing it more recently.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Guys. What... what if that was the last HH?

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I think this is like the third ep in a row with a not-so-positive ending?

I've been catching up but I think a couple weeks ago it was Sean worried about being late to a game, then last week I think he was just like "and I don't want to do this anymore, bye!", And then obviously this week

I've only been listening for a few months but ima guess that ain't a good sign (also I miss their dear friends, the listeners).

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
People are freaking out a little bit on the Earwolf subreddit thread for this episode.

We're probably fine, but I do wonder if they are considering changing the format of the show.

Edit: I'm also not loving Sean being so hard on himself, even if it is a bit.

It's like on the CBB tour when all of PFT's characters were mean to Scott night after night. That sort of stuff can still hurt even when you're actively in on the joke.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 5, 2017

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Holy poo poo that Kevin song.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Did anyone else not realize Kevin was formerly intern Kevin until the I4H where Besser talk about that.
Somehow I never made the connection and its freaking me out.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
God I've missed PSR. I hadn't realized how much of a pure silliness hole there was in my life until it was gone for 4 months.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I did love that Gourley described the Mona Lisa as a lady who couldn't commit to smiling. He was occasionally unhinged in the best way.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just relistened to Gourley on "with Special Guest" and he's awesome on it. And unhinged.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I think I'm going to need to buy some underwear to reward Mark and Matt for that insane safety video breakdown. Especially the twenty minutes of "hmm, what else" in the last episode.

Plus Sean name-dropped Janet Evanovich and The Lies of Locke Lamora this week. How obscure. Hollywood Handbook is the best.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I have bought both Mack Weldon and MeUndies and I can confidently say that MeUndies is the most comfortable thing my boys have ever felt. Mack Weldon is not worth the money.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
But the antimicrobial properties!!!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ONU-XUNRI

I think we might've hit peak podcasting, and it's all downhill from here.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I have had the goodbye song stuck in my head for the past few days, which I am thankful for because its not the Kevin song which would be too creepy!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

I have had the goodbye song stuck in my head for the past few days, which I am thankful for because its not the Kevin song which would be too creepy!!

This happened to me too so I looked up the actual song and it is v good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S2eTV2v3V0

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Help Im Alive posted:

This happened to me too so I looked up the actual song and it is v good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S2eTV2v3V0

Holy poo poo, this makes that bit so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I have been listening to both versions of the song on repeat.