Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Its not getting banned. Probe did not get banned because of the suicide deck. It got banned because of infect. There are so many other cards that are going to get banned before street wraith.

Avatar bet it's banned within a year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
assuming the death's shadow decks are oppressive, they really need to ban the namesake card and not banning another "life as a resource" card each time and hoping the problem finally gets solved

alternatively they could ban fetchlands :twisted:

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Literally everyone in this thread is stupider than mcmagic

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
Big old info dump from io9 with more split cards! Plus art book info

http://io9.gizmodo.com/an-exclusive...dium=socialflow

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Anyone know the chillest shop in Austin, TX? A buddy is interested in getting into drafting.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

little munchkin posted:

so infect not being a tier-one deck anymore is simply because they have to pay 1 extra mana for become immense?

The metagame is very unfriendly to Infect right now. It's not just Probe.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

I am not spending money on the forums. You can feel free to quote me if ever WOTC decides to make another silly decision and ban it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ShaneB posted:

Anyone know the chillest shop in Austin, TX? A buddy is interested in getting into drafting.

Pat's games is the only store you should be visiting in austin.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
In lighter news, Saffron Olive got fooled again by a fake Miscalculation on Twitter, apparently

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

pr0digal posted:

Why is rags to riches even rare? Overcosted top effect and you don't even choose which creature you're stealing for 7 mana?

Cut to ribbons is cool though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Push much?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Insult looks interesting out of all that bunch.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Attorney at Funk posted:

Literally everyone in this thread is stupider than mcmagic

It's weird but nice to see that McMagic is contributing to maintaining SA's forums by buying these puppet accounts.

Thank you McMagic.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Cut is good entirely on its own terms and Ribbons is a dandy bonus.

Injury should've been both halves imo.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Sickening posted:

I am not spending money on the forums. You can feel free to quote me if ever WOTC decides to make another silly decision and ban it.

what

Yo mcmagic you want a new football av?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cut to ribbons is bonkers.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Insult to Injury and Cut to Ribbons seem really good.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Insult to Injury is kind of amazing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mcmagic posted:

Within a year, if there's nothing that disrupts the deck in the meantime, that's certainly possible. It'd be a shame if it outright killed the deck, though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

what

Yo mcmagic you want a new football av?

Of course I do. I'll take any avatar that isn't doxxing me.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Cut to ribbons is bonkers.

It's soooo sooo good.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Assuming SO isn't just makin' poo poo up again.

e: yeah wicked fake, oh well

Rip_Van_Winkle fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 5, 2017

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

pr0digal posted:

I recognize it'll be better in hand, but following the art is loving awful on these.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Rinkles posted:

That's something they specifically don't want. Emblems are game objects because it makes the effect easier to remember, not because they want them to be potentially interactable. It's why Knight-Errant was changed.

I get that, although I think it's lame and limiting in terms of both flavor and design space.

Sickening posted:

Pat's games is the only store you should be visiting in austin.

Seconding this, Pat's Games was the only decent store around ATX when I lived there from 2010 to 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I'll believe it when it's from someone who isn't SaffronOlive

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I don't think SaffronOlive makes this poo poo up, I think he's just really gullible

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Did I miss one or have all of the Aftermath cards (so far) been rare?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Did I miss one or have all of the Aftermath cards (so far) been rare?

It looks to me like a cycle of enemy colored uncommons and then a cycle of allied rares and monocolored rares

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

That is so absurd, that I just can't believe it unless someone with an impeccable reputation confirms.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

It's fake as poo poo

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I recognize it'll be better in hand, but following the art is loving awful on these.

For the sake of my sanity

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Minotaur's yelling bad words and the snake is all OH NO NOT BAD WORDS IT HURTS.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

huh, weird card

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/849728359722618880

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Weird in that you pay 0 instead of not paying its cost at all.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

This is a really powerful card. The "or less" makes it way more good than, let's say, Brain in a jar.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Thats a good catte.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

By the way this works with no mana cost cards (Living End, Restore Balance) and lets you cast them immediately as soon as the enchantment hits the table.

Also it lets you cast 1 free spell on your turn and 1 free instant on your opponent's turn.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

^^^ Could do something in modern though.

YggdrasilTM posted:

This is a really powerful card. The "or less" makes it way more good than, let's say, Brain in a jar.

I'm gonna say this isn't nearly as good as it sounds... It's very slow. I don't think you're gonna be able to use this to cast spells you couldn't already cast with the mana you already have very often. The game would have to go VERY long. You can't cast a 2 drop off of it until T6....

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

holy poo poo okay

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Ultima66 posted:

By the way this works with no mana cost cards (Living End, Restore Balance) and lets you cast them immediately as soon as the enchantment hits the table.

Also it lets you cast 1 free spell on your turn and 1 free instant on your opponent's turn.

Yeah that second part I think makes this a pretty neat card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

YggdrasilTM posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't even notice the or less.

You are going to need a lot of card draw to really get a lot from this, but its in blue so that shouldn't be difficult.

• Locked thread